Former Big East Rivals-Recruiting | Syracusefan.com

Former Big East Rivals-Recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdorange

Walk On
Any reasoned responses as to why the psycho from Storzz is seemingly pulling in pretty decent recruiting hauls or am i off the mark here. As mentioned, no NBA players, no real NCAA success, lunatic on sidelines etc

I know Cuse is in a very good spot in the ACC, and football drives the bus, is it as simple as the Big East allure?

I'm sure I'm bitter about Cuse's 1987, 2010 and 2012 lost opportunities, oh well..

Edited tile cause F'em. To include Seton Hall, Nova, etc

Also don't think it helped that some of Cuse players left earlier than anticipated

Last edited:
who honestly cares what they are doing? Last year, we had the better player on OUR team...year before, we had the better player on OUR team (even a debate that Oshae was better than anyone on Uconn). I think both programs are kind of in the toilet right now, both aren't elite like they once were and seem to miss the tournament damn near every year.

They have hit on "Wins" the last couple cycles vs us but Akok was NOTHING special this year and him tearing his Achilles is no bueno.
When has that been any different over the last 15-20 years? Seems like we're always up against them for recruits? SHOCKING, cuz we recruit the same areas.

If missing on Andre means we got Richmond AND Griffin, I'll take that trade ALLLLL day.

who honestly cares what they are doing? Last year, we had the better player on OUR team...year before, we had the better player on OUR team (even a debate that Oshae was better than anyone on Uconn). I think both programs are kind of in the toilet right now, both aren't elite like they once were and seem to miss the tournament damn near every year.

They have hit on "Wins" the last couple cycles vs us but Akok was NOTHING special this year and him tearing his Achilles is no bueno.
When has that been any different over the last 15-20 years? Seems like we're always up against them for recruits? SHOCKING, cuz we recruit the same areas.

If missing on Andre means we got Richmond AND Griffin, I'll take that trade ALLLLL day.

I honestly could not care less about them if we didn't have 5 plus years of double digit losses (sanctions) and maybe hit on a couple more recruits and a perennial top 15-20 type program with a chance to go deep every few years. Basically the standard we've come to expect over the last 30 plus years.
I will say this in regards to them, JB has proven over the long haul what he can do in recruiting and gameday coaching, the jury is out on the other guy.

He’s promising a lot; championships, NBA, playing time , etc. Hes new there so kids believe the vision. But eventually he has to either win in march and/or put guys in the nba or it won’t last long.

if it’s 2023 and he’s had 1 nba draft pick and 1 tournament win, guess what? Everything he uses to get kids now won’t work anymore

Sanogo said he thinks UConn can get him to the nba faster than seton hall. Hurley has never had a player drafted; so Sanogo made that statement off of a Hurley promise.

it’s working now, but he’s talking out of his ass because he’s never accomplished anything that he’s promised these kids - he has 2 tournament wins in his career and hasnt put a kid in the league ; yet last year at UConn he said they’d win a title within 2 years. I get what he’s doing and why it works, but he better produce results soon otherwise his pie in the sky comments will look silly.

he’s already began to over recruit; this isn’t URI... this won’t fly with top 120 kids.

EDIT: also, if you look at the roster he has now, not sure where the shooting come from. He currently has 6 schloarships committed to bigs, only 1 of whom can even take a 3pter (and he’s not good at it - Akok), and 2 more to wings who can’t shoot (Martin, Jackson). Bouknight should be good from 3 but didn’t take a lot last year and then they have the Howard transfer Cole who needed a tremendous usage rate to put up stats at Howard... interesting strategy for 2020 college basketball

Last edited:
They beat us out for like two players one is seriously hurt and may never be the same again. The other according to most here isnt as good as richmond. They haven't won diddly in a weak conference.

UConn stinks and Hurley is a clown hell will freeze over before they win anything other than the CBI

Sums up my thoughts and feelings exactly.

Been saying since they first hired him.. He...cant...coach...offense. Their fans (the semi intelligent ones) have picked up on this as well. He wont win big with his system

Any reasoned responses as to why the psycho from Storzz is seemingly pulling in pretty decent recruiting hauls or am i off the mark here. As mentioned, no NBA players, no real NCAA success, lunatic on sidelines etc

I know Cuse is in a very good spot in the ACC, and football drives the bus, is it as simple as the Big East allure?

I'm sure I'm bitter about Cuse's 1987, 2010 and 2012 lost opportunities, oh well..
Honest answer is he can use their history and the fact they are joining the BE and will playing games in the northeast so family can watch you.

What? Both programs besides a miracle FF and a miracle chip have been on the decline. Take the blinders off

If it feels to you like we miss the tourney every year like Uconn does then that’s a perception issue on your part.

Sorry. Seems like that would suck.

If it feels to you like we miss the tourney every year like Uconn does then that’s a perception issue on your part.

Sorry. Seems like that would suck.
Lets look back at the last 5 years...we’ve missed it twice, got bounced first game, sweet 16 and a FF. Maybe I have higher standards for the 5th winningest program ever but that’s pretty mediocre to me

Final 4 and a sweet 16. Mediocre. Keep putting makeup on clown

What? Both programs besides a miracle FF and a miracle chip have been on the decline. Take the blinders off
We made the tourney last year and won three NCAA tournament games two years ago they have been garbage in a bad conference since their joke title.

Final 4 and a sweet 16. Mediocre. Keep putting makeup on clown
Our own damn coach told my father on the golf course that we’ve been mediocre these last few years...but I’ll believe u over him though

Our own damn coach told my father on the golf course that we’ve been mediocre these last few years...but I’ll believe u over him though
Cause I’ll belive your story 100 percent yep that’s right

Cause I’ll belive your story 100 percent yep that’s right
Why would I lie about that whatsoever? Happened at Wayne Hills my friend. Google it. Town over from where JB grew up and still comes to golf time to time...but I’m just lyingggg

Not gonna lie -- if I was a neutral, I wouldn't hate playing in the new Big East.

A bunch of decent road trips and even some of the crappier destinations (like Omaha) at least have great crowds to play in front of.

Edited tile cause F'em. To include Seton Hall, Nova, etc

Also don't think it helped that some of Cuse players left earlier than anticipated
I really don’t know how Hurley should ever beat out SU and Boeheim on the recruiting trail. JB has a 44 year track record of developing players for the pros, leading teams to a national title, numerous conference championships, six Final Fours and 35 NCAA tourney berths. Besides having a grating spastic personality, Hurley has accomplished zilch in his coaching career (I think he’s made one NCAA tourney) compared to JB and our staff? Why would players and their parents trust him over a long proven track record in Boeheim and the Syracuse program?

He’s promising a lot; championships, NBA, playing time , etc. Hes new there so kids believe the vision. But eventually he has to either win in march and/or put guys in the nba or it won’t last long.

if it’s 2023 and he’s had 1 nba draft pick and 1 tournament win, guess what? Everything he uses to get kids now won’t work anymore

Sanogo said he thinks UConn can get him to the nba faster than seton hall. Hurley has never had a player drafted; so Sanogo made that statement off of a Hurley promise.

it’s working now, but he’s talking out of his ass because he’s never accomplished anything that he’s promised these kids - he has 2 tournament wins in his career and hasnt put a kid in the league ; yet last year at UConn he said they’d win a title within 2 years. I get what he’s doing and why it works, but he better produce results soon otherwise his pie in the sky comments will look silly.

he’s already began to over recruit; this isn’t URI... this won’t fly with top 120 kids.

EDIT: also, if you look at the roster he has now, not sure where the shooting come from. He currently has 6 schloarships committed to bigs, only 1 of whom can even take a 3pter (and he’s not good at it - Akok), and 2 more to wings who can’t shoot (Martin, Jackson). Bouknight should be good from 3 but didn’t take a lot last year and then they have the Howard transfer Cole who needed a tremendous usage rate to put up stats at Howard... interesting strategy for 2020 college basketball
He has a vision but no track record. Why would you take a chance on that when there are coaches who’ve proven themselves? Coaches like Hurley are hurting us with negative recruiting. We need to point out his obvious deficiencies as a coach.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.