Former big east teams all on the decline.. | Syracusefan.com

Former big east teams all on the decline..

Nasco44

Walk On
Syracuse Pitt uconn Georgetown Louisville..none of these programs get the kind of players they used to..i attribute it to msg ,big east and recuiting sanctions somewhat for Syracuse..its crazy how much changed in the last 5 years. I hope for Syracuse this can be reversed somehow.

Syracuse Pitt uconn Georgetown Louisville..none of these programs get the kind of players they used to..i attribute it to msg ,big east and recuiting sanctions somewhat for Syracuse..its crazy how much changed in the last 5 years. I hope for Syracuse this can be reversed somehow.
Sanctions hurt us
Hop leaving hurt more

Llvll was doing just fine until they got busted - twice -

And I’d hardly put Syracuse in with the rest of those names.

Pitt never got great players.
But Dixon had a system that worked with the players they did get.
To an extent. Until March.

And... you’re also conveniently leaving out Nova.
They’ve been thriving since.

Miami has also seen an uptick from BE to post-BE. Virginia Tech As well, to a lesser degree.

I just want Syracuse to get back to that elite level..i think they will..i don't know what it will take. It's just crazy almost all the teams I mentioned were #1 seeds 5 years ago or less. Su Georgetown Pitt Louisville..

I also feel nova and the current big east declined this year..well see how they fare going forward. I don't think they're trending upward either

I just want Syracuse to get back to that elite level..i think they will..i don't know what it will take. It's just crazy almost all the teams I mentioned were #1 seeds 5 years ago or less. Su Georgetown Pitt Louisville..

"Elite" is a point of view (in my best Ben Kenobi voice). I have read on here we are still pretty much elite as we made a sweet 16 two years ago and a FF in 2016 - who cares about being on the bubble every year now I guess. I've also read on here that we are recruiting at a "high level" and/or it doesn't matter anymore, top 400 recruits/top 40 recruits -- who cares, all the same (on here).

"Elite" is a point of view (in my best Ben Kenobi voice). I have read on here we are still pretty much elite as we made a sweet 16 two years ago and a FF in 2016 - who cares about being on the bubble every year now I guess. I've also read on here that we are recruiting at a "high level" and/or it doesn't matter anymore, top 400 recruits/top 40 recruits -- who cares, all the same (on here).

Dude. You are bringing me down. How is the optimistic (but factual) take you are panning differ from your implied incredibly pessimistic take? Why is there any difference. If you think people who think a Final Four is important are stupid then what are you for saying it doesn't matter at all?

Marquette has been just dandy

2four7 has a recruiting class calculator. based on their own rankings, for whatever that is worth. but it is a tool for comparison

the 2019 class is syracuse's 6th recruiting class since coming into the acc. if you compare the 6 classes prior to that to the 6 since, the numbers are surprising.

2008 49.93
2009 24.67
2010 66.62
2011 62.22
2012 51.72
2013 65.13
total 320.3, 53.38 average; 13 rsci top 100 players in those classes

2014 51.72
2015 61.3
2016 61.86
2017 50.91
2018 52.98
2019 55.59
total 334.36, 55.73 average; 11 rsci top 100 players in those classes

everyone will draw their own conclusions, but those are the actual raw numbers

Marquette was ok regular season.lets see if they're good next year..uconn Georgetown Pitt are light years from what they were..syracuse has fallen ..not that far tho..just hope they can right the ship..idk what's going on with the recuiting misses...one big recruit can change this imo tho

Louisville has 4-5 top 100 kids signed for next season, one of the best classes in the country—even with the stink of possible sanctions looming. UConn—which has had several bad seasons in a row, fired their previous coach, and plays in a much less marquee league now—has 2 top 100 kids signed. We have a couple top 100 kids signed in this class. I believe Syracuse will be fine and back among the top 4-5 of the ACC soon enough.

I feel Louisville without pitino will never be the same..we will see tho .

2four7 has a recruiting class calculator. based on their own rankings, for whatever that is worth. but it is a tool for comparison

the 2019 class is syracuse's 6th recruiting class since coming into the acc. if you compare the 6 classes prior to that to the 6 since, the numbers are surprising.

2008 49.93
2009 24.67
2010 66.62
2011 62.22
2012 51.72
2013 65.13
total 320.3, 53.38 average; 13 rsci top 100 players in those classes

2014 51.72
2015 61.3
2016 61.86
2017 50.91
2018 52.98
2019 55.59
total 334.36, 55.73 average; 11 rsci top 100 players in those classes

everyone will draw their own conclusions, but those are the actual raw numbers

These numbers seem flawed.

I'm not sure how this is all calculated but how does our 2018 class of Buddy (347), Jalen(61) and Braswell (152) score higher than the 2012 class of 5 star McDonald's AA Dajuan and top 50 Jerami?

And looking at their site now the '09 number can't be right. Riley was 87th in the country and Brandon was 122nd and I think Southerland came in '09 after his prep year yet you list their score at 24.67 which tanks the data for '08-13.

Last issue on the data is how much it seems to overvalue the number of players in a class. The two man class of Joseph and Mookie is 49.93 because it was only two guys but both were composite top 60 guys. Just like a 5 star and another top 50 guy are only 51.72? Regarding '08, that was a small class because the '07 class was one of the best in program history that just misses the cut off by 1 year but played a huge part in our program's great run.

I feel Louisville without pitino will never be the same..we will see tho .
Huh?? Chris Mack is their coach now, and he had Xavier, a very good program but not on the level of Louisville, as a perrenial tournament team, frequent Sweet 16 participant, and until he left a consistent top 25 team his last 4-5 years there. He had Xavier humming along. But he can win championships at Louisville.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom