Former CB Will Allen = white collar criminal | Syracusefan.com

Former CB Will Allen = white collar criminal

I for one am not shocked by this news in the least. The story has been around for some time and he was caught a while ago, so this is more of an update. He was so broke at one point after his career he was pawning watches off and didn't have enough money to get bailed out of jail and needed help with that. The guy made between $30-40 mill as an NFL player and blew every last dime before getting into this Ponzi Scheme. Simply amazing.

I knew Will for some years and I won't go into some stories but let's just say I am not shocked by this at all. It will be interesting to see how many years he gets in February.

Will Allen was pushing an S600 on heavy chrome around south campus after the 2000 season. Doesnt surprise me.

What did he major in? So much basic stuff that big time athletes just don't learn
It's not just athletes. Lots of people throw money away every day. Ponzi schemes keep coming around because there are lots of ignorant people with money.

Horribly ironic how arguably the two best NFL players from Central New York in recent years are both named Will Allen, and both experienced devastating 2016s (be it deserved or undeserved).

The good news for Allen is he can't surpass Tommy Kane for worst convict Orangeman ever. Well, not yet at least. Just a sad story.

Horribly ironic how arguably the two best NFL players from Central New York in recent years are both named Will Allen, and both experienced devastating 2016s (be it deserved or undeserved).

Will Smith?

I for one am not shocked by this news in the least. The story has been around for some time and he was caught a while ago, so this is more of an update. He was so broke at one point after his career he was pawning watches off and didn't have enough money to get bailed out of jail and needed help with that. The guy made between $30-40 mill as an NFL player and blew every last dime before getting into this Ponzi Scheme. Simply amazing.

I knew Will for some years and I won't go into some stories but let's just say I am not shocked by this at all. It will be interesting to see how many years he gets in February.
Wasn't he robbed of like $5m in jewelry shortly after he was drafted in Southside Syracuse?

Clearly he took his contract and spent it wisely.

At least he didn't do what Damone Brown did

Wasn't he robbed of like $5m in jewelry shortly after he was drafted in Southside Syracuse?

Clearly he took his contract and spent it wisely.

At least he didn't do what Damone Brown did
What did Damone do?

I think he laundered money for a drug ring.

Correct. Found an article that he had a plea agreement for 6 months in prison in 2011. Hopefully his life is in a better place now.

How on earth is that worse than bilking people out of millions of dollars?