Former HCDM's Sunday meeting at SU: Hot or cold? | Syracusefan.com

Former HCDM's Sunday meeting at SU: Hot or cold?

OrangeAl

2023 Cali Award Receiving Touchdowns
Wonder how the jilted team will receive their former beloved HC?
"Coach, we understand and are thrilled for you?"
or
"Coach, how could you gut our coaching staff and botch our recruiting if you cared about us?"

Thanks coach for everything that you have done to help us. Good luck in Buffalo.

I hope that our kids show more class than Doug

Team can meet him out at the airport. Have dinner at Sbarro's.

If it does go down, I think there will be plenty of "upset" players...I can imagine some not so very nice words being spoken.

If I'm a player I don't show. But ut will br tough to do since it was an already planned end of season meeting and they should ne meeting Shafer.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

All the player comments I have seen so far have been positive toward Marrone. Leaving Shafer as the coach, I think most players will be fine with the move and timing.

I hope they show up because they are better than that, but if they must do anything, I hope they give him one of these and bail:

Yep. Lots of transferring what you are feeling onto the players. Who knows how they feel? Mix of "good luck coach" and "mad you're leaving" is probably accurate.

I just don't really see the point this many days after (I know it's their first day back). If I were a player I would prefer the option to attend and reach out to Marrone personally if I wish. They have a new coach now, should be an optional meeting.

I'm happy for Marrone getting an NFL job. I'm happy with how Marrone turned this program around and left it much better than he found it. I'm annoyed that he took Hackett with him but I guess he really needed him. But mostly, I'm ready to move on from the Marrone era, because I have to. I imagine there are a few players who feel the same way. You want to treat them like men? Then don't force anyone into a lame duck meeting that they don't want to attend.

Just because you guys on the board feel like jilted lovers, my understanding is the players love him and are happy for him, there may be a few, but I think they all have a lot of respect for coach and can understand his opportunity

Not as much as u think.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2