Former Player: John Cherundolo Going After $110 Million in Renz Case | Syracusefan.com

Former Player: John Cherundolo Going After $110 Million in Renz Case

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
John%20Cherundolo%20low%20res2.jpg

Renz's victims file $110 million claim against federal probation office

I mean... $110,000,000?!

What Renz did is horrible and awful and disgusting... but what is $110,000,000 going to do?

Make sure it doesn't happen again.

Fire people. Give the girl a few million. Keep it out of the news. And make sure the girl has as much support and help as humanly possible.

$110,000,000 is an embarrassing number by an embarrassing lawyer. It does nothing to protect anyone from this happening again. And will only cost the taxpayers more money to line his pockets.

Fire people. Give the girl a few million. Keep it out of the news. And make sure the girl has as much support and help as humanly possible.

$110,000,000 is an embarrassing number by an embarrassing lawyer. It does nothing to protect anyone from this happening again. And will only cost the taxpayers more money to line his pockets.

Only money or the possibility of prison changes behavior. In this case, the doctor who lied and the attorney who prosecuted the guy knowing the evidence was false and that the abuse never happened, both received PROMOTIONS.
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/25/nyregion/25award.html?_r=0

the number he is seeking as damages is irrelevant. its called an ad dam num and it has no real impact at all in a ny lawsuit, to the best of my knowledge.

you're overreating just a tad.

Only money or the possibility of prison changes behavior. In this case, the doctor who lied and the attorney who prosecuted the guy knowing the evidence was false and that the abuse never happened, both received PROMOTIONS.
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/25/nyregion/25award.html?_r=0

Well... promotions are certainly not the way to go.

My problem with the money - and especially that kind of money (although it is an empty threat) is that is taxpayer money.

Oh God. You really are just picking a fight and I have no interest in reciprocating.

sorry, i cant help but to call out ignorange. i know mr cherundolo. he is not an embarassment. further, that number he is asking for is really pointless and has zero effect on whether a defendant is legally liable or how much money the plaintiffs are entitled to in damages. your speaking of matters you know not.

sorry, i cant help but to call out ignorange. i know mr cherundolo. he is not an embarassment. further, that number he is asking for is really pointless and has zero effect on whether a defendant is legally liable or how much money the plaintiffs are entitled to in damages. your speaking of matters you know not.

Mr. Cherundolo used to be a judge, right? He just retired from the bench a year or so ago, if it's the same guy and not his brother or something. I'm a bit puzzled about this lawyers emerging. I see two firms mentioned in the article - one for the girl and one for the mom's estate. I am also aware of a third firm out there that claims to be representing the family. Buzzards will be circling this case for a while, and there is going to be an awful lot of publicity about it, I'm afraid.

Mr. Cherundolo used to be a judge, right? He just retired from the bench a year or so ago, if it's the same guy and not his brother or something. I'm a bit puzzled about this lawyers emerging. I see two firms mentioned in the article - one for the girl and one for the mom's estate. I am also aware of a third firm out there that claims to be representing the family. Buzzards will be circling this case for a while, and there is going to be an awful lot of publicity about it, I'm afraid.

yes, he was a judge. that is correct. beneficiaries of the estate can have different counsels.

I really wonder about your reading comprehension.

The crime was horrific and action (firings starting at the top) including definite policy changes are required but the public is getting screwed multiple times. I certainly agree that the young daughter and her caretaker deserve enough money so this little girl lives her childhood with no financial worries ever and money for the best therapy $$ can provide. It was the public, which included the poor victims , who were cheated of protection from this monster by our own enforcement and legal agencies in the first place and it again will be the public who pays for them not doing their jobs. Something does seem a bit askew.

At least one of the officers got a few good punches in on the guy. And those punches were paid for with our tax dollars too. Money well spent, IMHO.