Former Syracuse basketball guard Mookie Jones returns to campus to complete degree (PS) | Syracusefan.com

Former Syracuse basketball guard Mookie Jones returns to campus to complete degree (PS)

Great job Mookie. Every little bit helps with the APR and pretty sure it helps our score if he ends up graduating.
It's probably too late for him to help the APR, but it's great that SU helps former athletes get their degrees... even when it is too late to help the APR.

It's not too late to help the APR, as from what I understand there isn't a 6-year cut-off for APR as there is for Graduation Success Rate. That's not to say that this is why SU is helping him, but there is a selfish benefit for the school to help Mookie and other scholarship players to finish.

This is one of the many issues I have with APR and the penalties associated with it...but if Mookie finishes as a result then it's a good thing.

Just out of curiosity [not that it matters], would Mookie be credited the cost of tuition on "scholarship" or is he a paying student?

My guess is that Athletics is covering his tuition because of the APR impact, but that's just a guess.

There must be some sort of NCAA regulation about offering free education to former athletes.

My guess is that Athletics is covering his tuition because of the APR impact, but that's just a guess.
Either paying his way (loans, grants) or academic scholarship or some type of combination.

Cyber bulling is one of those PC things that drive me nuts. Why doesn't the alleged victim turn it off. Block calls, unfriendly people, don't traffic where they traffic. In today's PC world you can tell the absolute truth about someone and it's considered bullying.

Cyber bulling is one of those PC things that drive me nuts. Why doesn't the alleged victim turn it off. Block calls, unfriendly people, don't traffic where they traffic. In today's PC world you can tell the absolute truth about someone and it's considered bullying.

The mookster being bullied?

or wrong thread? lol

There must be some sort of NCAA regulation about offering free education to former athletes.

No restrictions anymore. I think it changed in the last year or so and it was one of the NCAA's "hey we care about the students" points

Hmmm. Is this story a trial balloon to take the pulse on peoples attitudes about potentially bringing Mookie back to take over duties as SG? ;)