Formula 1 2023 Season | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Formula 1 2023 Season

Max apparently had a stomach bug this week, though I can’t imagine it slowing him down.

62DFFAF9-50BD-44D6-AFF6-B26842F07FC6.jpeg

1st week of tossing money on Max didn't go great. Felt dirty and then still lost. Ugghhh.

I’m tellin ya… not only do I think I’d be an improvement over Ferrari’s strategy team, I 100% I’d be an improvement on the FIA management team. Where do I send my resume?!

82F08631-9DE7-4BB8-9825-0E2B73A08AC9.jpeg

Watching race highlights, looks like that is going to be the best race of the season. Really sucks the Aussies mess up the time schedule. What a race

Absolutely ridiculous ‘conclusion’ to this race. They should have just invalidated the last red flag restart, ended the classification at 56 laps and called it a day. Insane, that this technical sport required so much time and debate to figure out what to do.

Encouraging, for me, that Merc has clawed back to being the second best team after last year and the early pessimism this year. And still, Red Bull Is a half second a lap faster in race pace. Still a ways to go.

Absolutely ridiculous ‘conclusion’ to this race. They should have just invalidated the last red flag restart, ended the classification at 56 laps and called it a day. Insane, that this technical sport required so much time and debate to figure out what to do.

Encouraging, for me, that Merc has clawed back to being the second best team after last year and the early pessimism this year. And still, Red Bull Is a half second a lap faster in race pace. Still a ways to go.
I’ll get excited about Mercedes if they get rid of the zero side pod at some point this season.

I’ll get excited about Mercedes if they get rid of the zero side pod at some point this season.
Yeah, that was a bizarre experiment. Almost desperate. They outsmarted themselves. I’m still interested, though, about the engineering that convinced them that was going to be an advantage. They had to really, really believe in it.

Whelp, finally race week.

Also- sprint races don't have any impact on Sunday now? I don't see the draw here.

Whelp, finally race week.

Also- sprint races don't have any impact on Sunday now? I don't see the draw here.
Will be interesting to see if Max sits them out later in the year if the points don't matter.

That would be so lame
he has been vocal about not liking the sprint races. If they don't influence qualifying position and he doesn't need the points it would make sense. As an athlete his health is the most important. Sprint races tend to get aggressive. Would be interesting to see Ricciardo get some run in that car.

Alonso's on the front row. If he can take it into turn 1 there's a chance of some serious magic tomorrow!

Interesting grid for tomorrow. That combined with a chance of rain may make for a fun race. Checo looks terrible again. You have to wonder how much rope he has. You can’t have a car that is that much better than the field and start in the back of the pack multiple weeks in a row. You have to wonder if the famous pressure of being Max’s teammate is getting to him.

Interesting grid for tomorrow. That combined with a chance of rain may make for a fun race. Checo looks terrible again. You have to wonder how much rope he has. You can’t have a car that is that much better than the field and start in the back of the pack multiple weeks in a row. You have to wonder if the famous pressure of being Max’s teammate is getting to him.
So I actually think it's perfect for Redbull outside of checo himself. Max builds enough of a lead in points to put checo's WDC dreams to bed. Now he can support Max and has no ammo to do otherwise.

I think the last thing they want as an org is a super fast #2 to create drama in the team and hang in there enough to pretend he has a shot at WDC. Redbull already has constructors and Max's WDC half in the bag. Everything is perfect. Checo likely has tons of rope. Only way I think he doesn't is if he's bad enough that the constructors isn't locked up. So far he seems to be the middle porridge the org needs.

Race was kind of fun I guess. Not sure if the Mercedes upgrades made that big of a difference, if Ferrari and Aston had an off week based on track type or I imagine some combination of both.

I've been crazy busy the past month or so. Even with the Max domination, this season has been a riot.

Max pitting to get the fastest lap last week was so hardcore lol Dude is just so cool and smooth. Did he end up with any track limit warnings in austria?

McLaren was fun this weekend! Always like seeing Lando do well. Oscar knows how to drive eh? I heard he did, but damn, nice one. Would have been interesting if the safety car didn't come out. Would they have let them race? Would Lando have gotten by?

When Leclerc ANNOUNCED that he was staying on slicks in qualifying, I almost spit out my coffee. They must have had some talks since Austria. Hilarious.

Williams! Fast all weekend, Albon with some points. Beating out two Ferraris?!

Haas makes me want to punch a baby. These days, I'd be pumped if we could go one race without losing a wing.

How does Stroll only get a 5 second penalty for destroying Gasly?

Does de Vries survive the summer break? Does Danny take over for the 2nd half?

What is happening to Perez?!

Max is a machine. Unbelievable.

Will Perez be gone from red bull next year?

Would McLaren let oscar race lando on British soil?

Haas is so disappointing.

Not sure how unbelievable Max is. That car is unbelievable, for certain. When a second-tier driver like Perez can bring that car back from the back of the grid every week, up to 5th or somesuch, that’s a good car. Adrian Newey is unbelievable. I wonder what his level of loyalty is to Red Bull. Merc should have tried to poach him by now. How much is that loyalty worth?

Perez, yeah, I don’t know what’s up with him. Some bad luck and some bad driving and strategy. He’s just not a championship level driver. If I were Horner, I’m not sure what I’d do. They don’t need a driver good enough to take points from Max, but they do need someone good enough to ensure they win the Constructors, and next year should be more competitive. One hopes. It’s good to see that Max isn’t still running away with races by such vast margins, but it still sucks to know T
the season has already been decided by mid-summer.

Honestly, same, even with Max absolutely crushing the whole field I've been enjoying it. Was on the Alonso train, but now happily watching Lando and Oscar. Zack Brown is probably my favorite non-driver F1 guy.

Can't believe Ferrari. Guess Binnitto wasn't the problem. How many years can this go on?

I've said it before, Perez is the perfect number 2 as long as Max is dominant. WDC and Constructors locked up and no drama over who's the number one driver? Doesn't get better than that for Horner. With how bad Checo is qualifying they don't even have to play the invert the cars game and piss off the drivers. It's perfect.

Oh and how about Alex Albon!!! A williams passing a Ferrari!! Dude is so wholesome too. So glad he's managed to stay on the grid and get a redemption drive. He's really coming into it

Man, I was wondering if deVries was going to make it through the summmer, didn't even make it through the night! Welcome back, DR!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom