Fort drum experience... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Fort drum experience...

28588_448846178451_1367411_n.jpg

Anybody have an idea of what one week of training, room and board for 100 football players + staff is at Fort Drum? I'm guessing SU is paying for the services and facilities, and that it isn't cheap.

Anybody have an idea of what one week of training, room and board for 100 football players + staff is at Fort Drum? I'm guessing SU is paying for the services and facilities, and that it isn't cheap.

The barracks they are staying in are prolly empty due to deployments. They are eating at the DFAC, and 100 extra meals isnt that bad.. I believe its $4 for dinner. I doubt fort drum is charging them for that. They have two awesome gyms on base, that are normally only busy during off duty hours. Same thing with the football fields. Any soldiers you see helping, or running events are getting paid anyway, they are prolly just happy not to be at work. Bus ride there was prolly the most expensive thing.

The barracks they are staying in are prolly empty due to deployments. They are eating at the DFAC, and 100 extra meals isnt that bad.. I believe its $4 for dinner. I doubt fort drum is charging them for that. They have two awesome gyms on base, that are normally only busy during off duty hours. Same thing with the football fields. Any soldiers you see helping, or running events are getting paid anyway, they are prolly just happy not to be at work. Bus ride there was prolly the most expensive thing.

Thanks for that insight, CuseTroop. Wow. Sounds like we are really getting a bargain. The videos of today's training are awesome. BTW, for whoever asked, they can be found here on SUAthletics.com. The players really seemed to enjoy the combat shooting simulator. Looks like fun.

Thanks for that insight, CuseTroop. Wow. Sounds like we are really getting a bargain. The videos of today's training are awesome. BTW, for whoever asked, they can be found here on SUAthletics.com. The players really seemed to enjoy the combat shooting simulator. Looks like fun.
The shooting simulator (EST) is pretty cool at first but then it gets a little boring.. Horrible graphics, and most of the time the things arent dialed in right.. You think your hitting somone, but he just keeps running across the screen. Really they are just get get soldiers used to the different weapons right before they go out to the range and live fire

I believe the school is paying for everything and nothing is being comped by the military.

Both institutions would have issues if the meals and board were gratis.

The shooting simulator (EST) is pretty cool at first but then it gets a little boring.. Horrible graphics, and most of the time the things arent dialed in right.. You think your hitting somone, but he just keeps running across the screen. Really they are just get get soldiers used to the different weapons right before they go out to the range and live fire

I see. So it's kind of like Nintendo's "Duck Hunt."

Always wanted to shoot that dang laughing dog.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom