Fouling at end of each half | Syracusefan.com

Fouling at end of each half

Full_Rebar

All American
I loved that Boeheim did this-especially at the end of the game when Miami had to use 8 seconds of clock before they could get into an offensive set. So glad to see he trusted the players not to commit a shooting foul and the time used cut 1-2 possible possessions out of the equation. Very smart to do this and I'm sure the strategy increased SU's win probability.

However, I don't know why Ennis was in there to get his 4th foul in a close game. It would have been better to let Gbinije go in again- just to make sure Ennis couldn't get his 5th in some kind of weird play. Small complaint, but it just seems that it was easy to control the situation to prevent a potential disaster.

Agreed with using the wrong personnel doing it but the execution was great and perfect for the situation. That fouling very well could have been a big deciding factor of the game. Glad to see JAB do it.

It's funny how many people in the crowd had not idea what was going in and were actually complaining about fouls being called "that's not a foul". "He didn't touch him". "Miami paying you?" Yeah, seriously... Lol.

I loved that Boeheim did this-especially at the end of the game when Miami had to use 8 seconds of clock before they could get into an offensive set. So glad to see he trusted the players not to commit a shooting foul and the time used cut 1-2 possible possessions out of the equation. Very smart to do this and I'm sure the strategy increased SU's win probability.

However, I don't know why Ennis was in there to get his 4th foul in a close game. It would have been better to let Gbinije go in again- just to make sure Ennis couldn't get his 5th in some kind of weird play. Small complaint, but it just seems that it was easy to control the situation to prevent a potential disaster.

Conceptually, yes, it's a good way to prevent an opponent from getting a quality shot at the end of a half. But we seem to be oblivious about who it is committing the fouls, and that we might actually need that player in the second half.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom