Found this on the Louisville Board re: B12 Expansion | Syracusefan.com

Found this on the Louisville Board re: B12 Expansion

ConnectiCuse

Scout Team
From an apparent Oklahoma insider named SoonerLawyer:

Post #1

"Scheduling for next season was the problem. If WVU is the only team admitted, WVU can swap out for Missouri's conference schedule and TCU can swap out for A&M's schedule. If UL is in the mix, then everything has to be re-done and everyone is on a very short time frame at this point to make that happen. Nobody in the Big 12 office wanted to drag out the "who gets to join first" argument. The TV networks (not Texas) made the call between the two schools. That's what I'm hearing from the Sooner camp. It makes sense to me.

It sucks for you guys, but I believe that's how it was decided. WVU is going to just buy their way out of the league contract immediately and start Big 12 play next season.

That said, UL will get an invite down the road (probably sooner than you think.) The Big 12 administrators agreed that 12 members were necessary, but there is not a consensus agreement on who the 12th team should be. Notre Dame will probably turn down full membership in a couple of months, but that will restart the conversation in the Big 12 in January. Really no consensus whatsoever on #12. UC and USF are both mentioned a lot. Tulane is still being discussed. UConn has come up recently, also.

In the meantime, the Big East will survive and keep its AQ bid by adding Boise, Air Force, SMU, Houston, UCF, Temple, Navy, possibly Army, and possibly BYU. Losing UL a year from now won't threaten the Big East's AQ standing. UL staying allows the Big East to go forward with expansion."​

Post #2

"I don't know all of the details, but allegedly, it is believed that only taking one school, rather than 2 (or 3), was leverage used by the Big 12 against the Big East to get an early release of WVU. The Big East needed the bleeding to stop long enough to re-build its football conference. Keeping UL on board, for now, left a nucleus of 5 school. So rather than be added to CUSA, the Big East can still add schools from CUSA. And that will begin happening soon.

When the dust settles and the Big East is safe (a couple months from now), UL will be brought back up as Big 12 #11 either for 2013, but more likely, for 2014."​

LOL, nice if they give WVU some early out deal mthey will have to give it to SU and Pitt as well.

There is alot of meat there. If this is true, I have three words for you...

WE OUTTA HERE!

There is alot of meat there. If this is true, I have three words for you...

WE OUTTA HERE!

To be fair, the Sun Beast knows the ACC won't make the same deal, because the ACC has no interest in any other Sun Beast school.

that is what i like as legal precedent...if any reason timing in detention is reduced for WVU...all the BE teams will get it...guess the BE is either desperate or dumb...damn, what's wrong with me...just plain stupid it the word.

that is what i like as legal precedent...if any reason timing in detention is reduced for WVU...all the BE teams will get it...guess the BE is either desperate or dumb...damn, what's wrong with me...just plain stupid it the word.

Correct. There is no way they could let WVU slide but not SU/Pitt. That would never stand up in court.

To be fair, the Sun Beast knows the ACC won't make the same deal, because the ACC has no interest in any other Sun Beast school.

Just thinking out loud here...

But wouldn't the threat of expanding with UConn and RU be enough? That threat might give even ND pause since if the ACC did expand with both UConn and RU that would leave the BiG or Big 12 their only conference options down the road. And considering the volatility of the latter, that is no option whatsoever.

So the threat could be enough to get ND to twist the arms of the bb schools to allow SU and Pitt to leave early as well, for some extra $$$ obviously, to ensure the ACC not expand beyond 14 at this moment in time. Keeps ND flexible in their options.

Cheers,
Neil

Correct. There is no way they could let WVU slide but not SU/Pitt. That would never stand up in court.
What would the BE's argument be? Well WVU and the B12 paid (bribed?) us sufficiently to ignore our rules. SU, Pitt and the ACC have not offered (bribed?) us anythign so our rules still matter. They lose with no compensation. Wouldn't surprise me if the B12 and WVU then say, wait a minute, if they get out free so does WVU. Anybody want odds on Marinatto still being around to witness the mess he is creating?

Just thinking out loud here...

But wouldn't the threat of expanding with UConn and RU be enough? That threat might give even ND pause since if the ACC did expand with both UConn and RU that would leave the BiG or Big 12 their only conference options down the road. And considering the volatility of the latter, that is no option whatsoever.

So the threat could be enough to get ND to twist the arms of the bb schools to allow SU and Pitt to leave early as well, for some extra $$$ obviously, to ensure the ACC not expand beyond 14 at this moment in time. Keeps ND flexible in their options.

Cheers,
Neil

Absolutely. Have the ACC take UConn and Rutgers unless they release Syracuse and Pitt. I'm generally opposed to burning bridges, but I'm starting to feel F them all. SU will play in MSG but not v SJU; SU will play Temple home-and-home but not 'Nove; SU will play someone else in DC but not G'Town.

ACC isnt replacing any teams leaving like the B12 - B12 needed replacements immediately.

No urgency necessary on part of ACC = stability

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom