Four arrested in killing of SU law school grad | Syracusefan.com

Four arrested in killing of SU law school grad

sad story, there are a lot of bad guys out there. I like close to a high end mall in Rochester and this story gives me the creeps...

sad story, there are a lot of bad guys out there. I like close to a high end mall in Rochester and this story gives me the creeps...
And even creepier that there have been 450 carjackings in that county this year.

Excellent. I had not yet heard they had caught the guys. A similar Range Rover was stolen the same night in another mall. It's becoming big business in north Jersey. No need to have killed Dustin.

He was an avid runner. Did not hear if he went to the basketball games while at SU.

It's about 2 miles away from me. I pass it every work day.

Bah if they don't find the murder weapon they'll get a lesser plea deal. Murder won't fly. Hopefully one of them talks.

If that happened to me i would be in jail for life for Quadruple murders.

The only justice i would accept is to bring them to a parking garage and shoot each one between the eyes.

Sad and senseless.

Poverty makes people desperate. I imagine it will get a lot worse before it gets better. I wish people would acknowledge the link between poverty and crime. I wish there existed some kind of left wing or right wing policy tactics that would improve the economy and make people less desperate.

I feel bad for the wife and kids if he had any. I'm sure after she mourns she will find another man. Faith in God is mandatory in today's world.

Last edited:
The only justice i would accept is to bring them to a parking garage and shoot each one between the eyes.

Our laws are designed to protect the innocent at the expense of better justice for the guilty. Your sentiments are understandable but the whole purpose of our legal system is not to protect the guilty. It would be great to have an eye-for-an-eye justice. I would be happy if all four car jackers get life in prison after they are convicted in a court of law based on the evidence. They may all walk because the evidence is not good enough. Again, emotions run high people lose rationale thought. There's a website devoted to people who got the death penalty who were proven innocent after the fact with DNA evidence. "Kill the scum" is a great battle cry unless you are the one guy in ten thousand who is falsely accused, convicted, and put the death. It 's a tough argument with a lot of emotions. But having due-process helps us from having political coups from false accusations, convictions, and executions. Just take a look Kim Jong Un's killing his uncle as why we have a system that protects the innocent over better justice for the guilty. A lot people where lynched in our history who were most likely innocent or did not deserve capital punishment.

I'd rather see them rot in federal pmita penitentiary for the rest of their lives.

Killing those animals just brings society down to their level.

Faith in God is mandatory in today's world.
Which one? Why a god? How would faith in god (whichever one you're positing) would have made a difference? Or are you only suggesting that rather than dissect, analyze, cope and put in place thoughtful policies we should just fall back on faith?

My lack of faith may disturb you but it won't stop me from empathizing with his wife, making a donation to whatever cause they may ask us to support, or finding some small way to offer support even though I don't know the poor woman - I'm only a fellow S.U. alum after all.

I wish for many of the same things you do but posts mandating faith aren't the solution and frankly suggest an abdication of critical thinking that I suspect only exacerbates the stresses of poverty.

I imagine it will get a lot worse before it gets better.

Obviously this specific story is incredibly sad, but violent crime nationwide is at historical lows right now.

Poverty makes people desperate. I imagine it will get a lot worse before it gets better. I wish people would acknowledge the link between poverty and crime. I wish there existed some kind of left wing or right wing policy tactics that would improve the economy and make people less desperate.
here's my policy advice - don't drive expensive vehicles, don't live a flashy lifestyle, and arm yourself because if the worst happens, you are on your own.

I feel bad for the wife and kids if he had any. I'm sure after she mourns she will find another man. Faith in God is mandatory in today's world.

And yet 99 percent of impoverished people dont do crap like this. Some people are just bad. These guys are likely just thug punks who are too lazy to get a legitimate job so they want to just take other people's stuff.

Based on the pictures, not a single one of them looks like they missed many meals. Look pretty able bodied to me. Im sure there's plenty of work for them.

here's my policy advice - don't drive expensive vehicles, don't live a flashy lifestyle, and arm yourself because if the worst happens, you are on your own.

I guess he was asking for it.

I guess he was asking for it.

to a certain degree, yes. If you drive a luxury vehicle, flash a Rolex or display a big wad of cash, you are advertising yourself to those on the hunt for fat targets.

This is the world we live in. You either recognize that reality or you don't.

so lets all drive yugos and live in shanties...at least well feel safe.

Which one? Why a god? How would faith in god (whichever one you're positing) would have made a difference? Or are you only suggesting that rather than dissect, analyze, cope and put in place thoughtful policies we should just fall back on faith?

My lack of faith may disturb you but it won't stop me from empathizing with his wife, making a donation to whatever cause they may ask us to support, or finding some small way to offer support even though I don't know the poor woman - I'm only a fellow S.U. alum after all.

I wish for many of the same things you do but posts mandating faith aren't the solution and frankly suggest an abdication of critical thinking that I suspect only exacerbates the stresses of poverty.

Wow, I guess I hit a chord with you. The Japanese have a saying the first person to raise their voice in an argument loses. There's only one true God and I will prove to you God exists. God is just a word. No one denies the existence of the word God. What the word means is how it is used in sentences. Faith is like hope with a dash of reverence. It's just a bunch of words. What the words mean is a choice. If it's not your cup of tea just let it go.

Wow, I guess I hit a chord with you. The Japanese have a saying the first person to raise their voice in an argument loses. There's only one true God and I will prove to you God exists. God is just a word. No one denies the existence of the word God. What the word means is how it is used in sentences. Faith is like hope with a dash of reverence. It's just a bunch of words. What the words mean is a choice. If it's not your cup of tea just let it go.
A vapid, vacuous response which frankly meets expectations. The borborygmus of a constipated mind. Trotting out the tired sophistry of Thomas Aquinas falls entirely short of "proof".

Here, try this: god does not exist. See? Didn't even have to raise my voice. I'll get back to my cup of silver needles now.

Oh, wait - maybe we should all decide to do something for the man's widow. Sympathy card "signed" with dozens of names of S.U. grads / members of our community, prefaced by kind words of encouragement and offers to help any way we can? Too forward, perhaps?