Four Recruits Still Out there: Who Do we Get/Want/NEED | Syracusefan.com

Four Recruits Still Out there: Who Do we Get/Want/NEED

arbitragegls

All Conference
...okay, Layman, Grant and Ledo gone...Layman goes to Maryland (ever take a visit to 'Cuse as indicated by several services); Grant goes to Rutgirls (really, really...must really wanted to start on a losing team); and Ledo (well did as expected)...looks like playing time promises most important to these recruits..surely not teams most likely to win.

So who is left: Coleman, Jefferson, Jankovic, and Cavanaugh (at best 3 stars and supposed to have offer--but not running to 'Cuse)...any others?

SOOOOO, who of these recruits do we get...who do we want...who do we need...

I think we need none (team is stocked)...we probably want any of them to come on board just so a shutout isnt pitched (and gives us something to blurb about)...and we get...most likely NONE...

WHAT IS YOUR PROGNOSTICATION?

Not so sure that Cavanaugh offer wasn’t conditional. And the two potential conditions(Layman, Grant) just fell off the table. I’ll be surprised if we don’t get Cavanaugh.

I’m normally a glass half full guy, but I’d be mildly surprised if we got DC2 at this point. All is well with the 2012 class if he comes here.

Jefferson would be great but I can’t help feeling like we’re a little late to market here.

...okay, Layman, Grant and Ledo gone...Layman goes to Maryland (ever take a visit to 'Cuse as indicated by several services); Grant goes to Rutgirls (really, really...must really wanted to start on a losing team); and Ledo (well did as expected)...looks like playing time promises most important to these recruits..surely not teams most likely to win.

So who is left: Coleman, Jefferson, Jankovic, and Cavanaugh (at best 3 stars and supposed to have offer--but not running to 'Cuse)...any others?

I think we need none (team is stocked)...we probably want any of them to come on board just so a shutout isnt pitched (and gives us something to blurb about)...and we get...most likely NONE...

I want Nerlens Noel to reclassify and commit for 2012. He could be our only commit and I would be happy.

I want Nerlens Noel to reclassify and commit for 2012. He could be our only commit and I would be happy.

Why? I know he is a stud, not arguing that....but do we really need another center, especially as soon as the class of 2012?? You don't turn away program changing players, but he would really be a better fit as a class of '13 recruit than as a class of '12. I am highly skeptical that Fab goes anywhere after this season, unless its a crash and burn kind of departure...he doesn't seem like he is really even close to being ready to make the jump to move to the professional level (forget whether he is "ready" or not). With Christmas and Keita waiting in the wings why would we want Noel here sooner??

If you look at this roster objectively, without regard to how many stars the recruiting services have assigned to guys we are supposedly involved with, we need an athletic small forward over any other position. Recruiting to stars is not a recipe for success in my view. It's a recipe for ending up with a group of guys that don't fit together on the floor and who get pissed off over playing time.

We truly don't need anyone in the class of '12, unless JB knows now that someone other than KJ and Scoop isn't going to be back.

Why? I know he is a stud, not arguing that....but do we really need another center, especially as soon as the class of 2012?? You don't turn away program changing players, but he would really be a better fit as a class of '13 recruit than as a class of '12. I am highly skeptical that Fab goes anywhere after this season, unless its a crash and burn kind of departure...he doesn't seem like he is really even close to being ready to make the jump to move to the professional level (forget whether he is "ready" or not). With Christmas and Keita waiting in the wings why would we want Noel here sooner??

If you look at this roster objectively, without regard to how many stars the recruiting services have assigned to guys we are supposedly involved with, we need an athletic small forward over any other position. Recruiting to stars is not a recipe for success in my view. It's a recipe for ending up with a group of guys that don't fit together on the floor and who get pissed off over playing time.

We truly don't need anyone in the class of '12, unless JB knows now that someone other than KJ and Scoop isn't going to be back.

CJ Fair or James Southerland can play the 3. Or both. We don't need our star to be a 3. Carmelo isn't walking through that door.

We have backcourt depth. What we don't have is offense at the 4 and 5.

CJ Fair or James Southerland can play the 3. Or both. We don't need our star to be a 3. Carmelo isn't walking through that door.

We have backcourt depth. What we don't have is offense at the 4 and 5.

I agree Fair or Southerland can play the 3, but neither has show that they are ideally suited for the position yet. Fair because he hasn't shown a shot outside of 10 feet and Southerland because he has shown no consistency and his handle is a bit weak for the position. I actually think we will have offense at the 4 this year and it will come from Fair. I am relatively sure he will win the battle for the open forward position...but there are several weeks of practice for Southerland to show he is ready or for Rak to surprise.

I say we just stand pat and go with what we've got. We've got depth at every position and with some improvement from a few key players we should be one of the top 10 teams in the country.

Position Basketball is what makes teams great. Like when we had AO a true Center, Rick a true PF, Andy a true SG, Scoop a true point and Wes and Joseph true SF's. Same as Forth and Mcenil as true centers. Warrick a true PF, Anthony a true SF, Gmac and Duany true SG's and Edelin a true point.

I see 2012 recruiting being bigger for 2013 for the most part. So looking ahead to that season we have a Sr Fair, Sr Keita, Jr Christmas, in the frontcourt. With a Sr Dion, Jr MCW and Jr Cooney in the backcourt. Not counting on Melo to be back his senior year unless he still isn't up to the speed of the game.

So if you look at it in terms of needs, I think a center and shooting forward are what we really need. We really could use a true center to bump incase fab leaves early because we won't have one next year if he does, and be stuck with a freshmen in 2013. Also a forward who could shoot for 2013 would be nice. BECAUSE IF WE DON"T grab one in 2012 then we will have a freshmen swingforward shooting the rock for us unless Fair really gets his outside shot down as a senior.

What we have is a Guard who can drive in MCW, or Dion if they are still around then. A Guard who can shoot we defenetly have one in Cooney. We have the PF in Rak or Keita if they are still around, and we have the slashing forward in Fair if hes still around.

In Conclusion the big point is I get the feeling 2012 recruiting is all for 2013.
WE NEED them INSTEAD OF FRESHMEN for 2013. WE could be a awfully young youthfull squad by 2013 especially if guys like Dion, MCW, Rak, Fair or Keita leave early. I wouldn't count on Rak being two and done but I think a soph MCW and maybe a JR fair/Dion have a shot. That will leave us with a real young 2013 squad if we don't get some 012 recruits.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom