Fourth Annual Orangeyes Open Set for August 5th | Syracusefan.com

Fourth Annual Orangeyes Open Set for August 5th

sutomcat

No recent Cali or Iggy awards; Mr Irrelevant
DJ logo.png

Please note that the fourth annual Orangeyes Open will be played at Foxfore Golf Course in Baldwinsville on Saturday, August 5th. We will have a shotgun start at noon.

OrangeOnions and CNYCentralCuse will be co-directors with yours truly.

Cost will be $90 for golf and dinner and $30 for dinner only. Foxfire is conveniently located just off the Van Buren exit for I-690, just 10 minutes from downtown Syracuse.

All profits go to the Rochester/CNY Chapter of the Crohn's & Colitis Foundation of America. It is a great event for a wonderful cause. Being a part of it gives you a chance to meet many members of the syracusefan.com community, talk SU sports with fellow maniacs, maybe bid on some excellent memorabilia and meet some movers and shakers at SU. cto has again agreed to donate her courtside tickets to a game to headline the auction. The actual game will be mutually determined; in addition to 2 courtside tickets, you get a VIP parking pass literally across the street from the Dome and access to the VIP waiting area before the first and second halves, where you have access to food and drink (including beer and wine). @cnycentral has also done a great job in the past getting great gifts from local pro teams, etc.

Most importantly, this event provides a way to pay tribute to and remember our dear friend Orangeyes.

We need rough numbers for planning purposes. If you plan to attend, please reply to this thread indicating the number of people in your group and whether you are doing golf and dinner or just dinner.

Example:

sutomcat 4 for golf and dinner, 1 more for dinner only

Thanks and hope you see you out on the course!

Send payment electronically to sutomcat @ hotmail.com or send a check to

Brian Johnson
304 Cherry Road
Syracuse NY 13219

Last edited:
We have raised over $15,000 for the local chapter of the Crohn's & Colitis Foundation of America (CCFA) in the 1st 3 years of the event. I am looking forward to a fun day with friends and family while honoring my father and raising funds. Hope you can join us!

Last edited:
As part of this foursome - I cannot wait to drink all the alcohol in bville that day.

Ditto this!! I'm in again with the ragtag crew led by OrangeTown. Hopefully there will be more video of folks shotgunning beers following eagle putts.

If anyone wants to get in a little practice at Foxfire and help another local charity (mine -- selfish plug), go to my thread on the Offtopic Board. Tournament is this Friday, May 26th 10:00am. Thanks!

Update:

The start of the tournament might push out a little. The shotgun start will probably start in the 12:15 to 12:30 range.

Also, if you want to play, please reply to one of the pinned threads and express interest. If you don't have 4 people, our gifted matchmaker we will pair you up. I bet our matchmaker ensd up starting one or two marriages and dozens of lifelong friendships every year.

I'm pretty sure I mentioned to Brian that I was a in few months ago, but let's make it official.

Obie9: 4 for golf & dinner

Looking forward to playing in my 3rd Orangeyes Open!!!

Heading back to Phoenix today from Toronto. So close this year. But I pay paled my donation a couple of weeks ago. Have fun, good luck and thanks for all of you who do this for a cause that is also so dear to my family. I'll get there one of these days. See you in October at the tailgate for Clemson game...

We have a father and son that contacted Tomcat requesting to be in the tournament.
Looking for 2 more interested players to pair them with.
Please PM Tomcat and myself if interested asap.

Tis a fine day to honor a good man and great SU fan. Dan impacted a lot of lives and still does. Many of you knew him well and I still mourn with you. I knew him as the welcoming face inviting me into my first Fine tailgate. He was the guy that posted all of the cool things to read that led me to this board. He made my life better. I miss him but get to celebrate him today by playing golf. Thanks to everyone that makes this day possible...

I love when the actual works out as good or better than my expectation, and yesterday was that kind of day. I got to hang out with a great group of SU fans and that's a special thing. Tomcat, Texanmark, Orangetown, jackbauer, obie9, rayinva, and orangeonions represented well and had a great party for Orangeyes. I'm tickled that I was able to get there again and happy to honor a man many of us knew better from afar than we did face to face.

Glad to be part of your day, Dan, and to channel you on occasion. My best effort of the day was a long birdie putt with a sweeping break. Thanks for making that for me...you made me look good...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom