Foward Solution | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Foward Solution

Size means more than height. There are no 6'11" stringbean centers in the NBA. Most NBA pf's and centers are bruisers who are also quick and agile.
Jesse isn’t a string bean.

Again you aren’t giving me examples.

Harrison Barnes and Lebron started at the 4 last night in the NBA. I think you have 1998 stuck in your head.

Harrison Barnes and Lebron started at the 4 last night in the NBA. I think you have 1998 stuck in your head.

Yeah not sure what NBA the OP is watching...

Hawks- small starting lineup biggest guy is 6-9
Hornets- 6-11 center with a skinny 6-9 pf
Kings - 1 7 footer with two 6-8/6-9 forwards
Pistons 6-10 and 6-9 ( beefier front court yet bad team)
Orlando- one team that basically runs quad towers with 4 6-10 guys starting ( 10-20 record)
Boston- 6- 9 C no one above that starts( best team in league right now)
Pacers- 6-10 C, 6-9 pf
Cavs- 6-9 C, 6-11 pf
Warriors - small ball with 6-9 C
Sixers - Embiid with small ball around him

I'll stop there. NBA teams don't run twin towers at all especially the best teams in the league. It's rare. Small ball or one big with plug and play wings around or multiple shooters is the NBA model today.

Last edited:
Games are won by winning matchups. We do not win matchups at pf and sf. Jesse at pf would win the pf match up. Hima could hold his own at center. Similarly, Benny could have an advantage at sf. Furthermore, it would keep role players out of the starting lineup. We will see what happens with Cornell. A loss would indicate trouble ahead.
I see your logic, but what happens when Jessie and hima both get 2 fouls in the first 10 minutes. Benny can't play SF, he can't dribble by anyone and its a lineup that we couldn't keep on the floor for very long.

I see your logic, but what happens when Jessie and hima both get 2 fouls in the first 10 minutes. Benny can't play SF, he can't dribble by anyone and its a lineup that we couldn't keep on the floor for very long.

As well as teams will work hard to screen Jesse's side of the zone to force him to recover. The Ajak pairing has been the best version of two bigs we could run given Ajak is a PF not a C. That combo has its limitations as well but Hima and Jesse would have even more.

Jesse at PF and Hima at C, with Benny at SF. Jesse is too small for an NBA center but he is quick and is developing a face-up game. He is athletic enough to continue to expand his game. Hima can hold his own against ACC wide bodies, which Jesse might not be able to do day in day out. Benny is improving. At sf he will have a height advantage which could improve his outside game.

I like that a lot, actually. Great suggestion!
There are certain big, physical teams who this would be a great match-up for - traditionally UNC and Fla State, among others.

Unibrow says hello.

Size means more than height. There are no 6'11" stringbean centers in the NBA. Most NBA pf's and centers are bruisers who are also quick and agile.
Watching the Celtics v. Bucks tonight, what those big guys can do physically boggles the mind. Edwards has potential, but he's got a long way to go before he can cover upper tier NBA players.

Watching the Celtics v. Bucks tonight, what those big guys can do physically boggles the mind. Edwards has potential, but he's got a long way to go before he can cover upper tier NBA players.
And if he can’t shoot, his defense needs to improve 100% and he needs to block far more shots.

Jesse will make a great living playing in Europe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom