Fran being interviewed on ACC huddle | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Fran being interviewed on ACC huddle

Honestly as a older guy i agree. Hand ball to Ref, no bullshit or backtalking. Dumbshit drives me nuts.

As what likely now qualifies me as an “older guy” (although I am not entirely happy about it..) - I grew up watching Gen X-style trashing talking and celebrating from the 80’s Miami Hurricanes, the Mets, the Chicago Bears, etc. I’ve got no issue with most on field celebrations - so I can’t agree with the “hand the ball to the refs” sentiment. That ship sailed 40+ years ago, and my generation are the ones who captained it out to sea.

I do have an issue with arguing with refs, yapping at fans, and the on-field mental breakdowns we see when this team has what should be a comfortable lead. The New York Mets mantra in 1986 for road trips was “we’re gonna kick your a$$, drink your beer, and sleep with your women”. Our problem isn’t that this team has that attitude - it’s that they forget that the first part is mandatory and MUST be completed first.

Dino went YEARS without even speaking to the OLine. He went down ONCE before the Cav firing,(never again) and every single guy was What is going on?

Fran sits down with a couple dozen guys a week. This is the way.

To be fair to Dino, you probably shouldn’t be yelling at guys that you’re too lazy to have already built a personal relationship with (so they trust you) - so at least his never yelling at people was a good call from that perspective.