Fran Brown Coaching Staff | Page 39 | Syracusefan.com

Fran Brown Coaching Staff

Im all for being real but some things are better off not being said publicly.

He’s definitely a different type of dude and honestly, I’m okay with it (for now) because it stands as stark contrast to what we’ve had for nearly a decade. With that said, his schtick really only works if he wins, we will see.

I don’t think there is any “schtick” to FB. Honesty, integrity and work ethic are important to him. Wouldn’t have it any other way.
I don't know him as well as everyone here seems to think they do. Time will tell.

Im all for being real but some things are better off not being said publicly.

I'm good with what he said. Across all sports, we let too many external sources craft some narrative that Syracuse is a second rate program. We've needed more edge for a while. Happy to see Brown has a chip on his shoulder. Branding and self promotion is the name of the game - we have a coach now who is selling and closing constantly. Let's see how it works.

I'm good with what he said. Across all sports, we let too many external sources craft some narrative that Syracuse is a second rate program. We've needed more edge for a while. Happy to see Brown has a chip on his shoulder. Branding and self promotion is the name of the game - we have a coach now who is selling and closing constantly. Let's see how it works.
I get that but I dont see the need to tell hundreds of NYS coaches why you are firing staff members you hired. There are other ways to show you are a no nonsense coach.

I get that but I dont see the need to tell hundreds of NYS coaches why you are firing staff members you hired. There are other ways to show you are a no nonsense coach.
Feel from everything Fran has said trust is number 1. It’s seems from his comments that his trust was broken. Coming to su and than bailing back to Penn st seems like a player going to another program and taking the play book with him. That clearly did not set well with Fran. Hope Penn St. paid him a lot of money because it seems he burned his bridge not only with Fran but potentially all the coaches on staff.

did he tell these coaches why he fired Ahmad or did he just say he likes the new guy better?

Gill has some serious hops! Up and over Gadsden!

I understand they also had a basketball tournament, 5v5 halfcourt. Who won?

Interesting to see who has a number on their shirt and who doesn't.
Which gym is that? Anyone know who is who ?

Feel from everything Fran has said trust is number 1. It’s seems from his comments that his trust was broken. Coming to su and than bailing back to Penn st seems like a player going to another program and taking the play book with him. That clearly did not set well with Fran. Hope Penn St. paid him a lot of money because it seems he burned his bridge not only with Fran but potentially all the coaches on staff.
I dont care that he fired someone. My issue is saying that in a presentation to NYS coaches. He talks confident and precise enough. He doesnt have to mention who he fired to win coaches over.

Hate to be that guy but no off-field injuries please lol, use a third string WR or walk on as someone to dunk over not WR1

One change I really, really like is that the team wears t-shirts with their names and new (earned) numbers on their backs. It was really difficult to follow previous team's practice and hype videos because I never knew who was who. Did anybody notice that Tommy Porter earned his number already?

I saw Diggs has #10. I saw a #9 and a #55 but didn't see the names.

One change I really, really like is that the team wears t-shirts with their names and new (earned) numbers on their backs. It was really difficult to follow previous team's practice and hype videos because I never knew who was who. Did anybody notice that Tommy Porter earned his number already?

LOVE this!!

Both from making it easier for fans to tell who’s who,
but also the idea that nothing is given, not even your number,
and everything is earned.

That said - I’d hate to be one of the last guys who hasn’t earned a number yet.
That’s gotta be rough, in a lotta ways.

Heard that Fran bought a $3M mansion in Jamesville. I was half expecting him to fix up one of those abandoned homes in the city and move in to get the true urban experience. Unfortunately sounds like the money is talking which doesn't bode well when the SEC or B10 comes calling.

Heard that Fran bought a $3M mansion in Jamesville. I was half expecting him to fix up one of those abandoned homes in the city and move in to get the true urban experience. Unfortunately sounds like the money is talking which doesn't bode well when the SEC or B10 comes calling.

I don't really understand this post unless you're being sarcastic?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom