"Fran Brown is already causing problems for Penn State football recruiting!" | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

"Fran Brown is already causing problems for Penn State football recruiting!"

I think it was the safety Daiquan Kelly, a safety, who then was kicked off the team a week into summer practice.
Cabinda was definitely one. I believe he was in Franklin's class. Both still playing in the league

Always hated Penn State with a passion but gave them grudging respect. The Sandusky crimes took my hatred to a different level but was willing to concede that it was a tragic incident perpetrated by a single sick individual. Watching Paterno try to sweep things under the rug eroded any benefit of the doubt and when I went to our game at MetLife and saw his acolytes with lifesize cardboard cutouts and St. JoPa caps was the last straw. Program and culture have not changed.

Always hated Penn State with a passion but gave them grudging respect. The Sandusky crimes took my hatred to a different level but was willing to concede that it was a tragic incident perpetrated by a single sick individual. Watching Paterno try to sweep things under the rug eroded any benefit of the doubt and when I went to our game at MetLife and saw his acolytes with lifesize cardboard cutouts and St. JoPa caps was the last straw. Program and culture have not changed.
Actually his hiding the Sandusky incident wasn't Joe's first bad decision. In the 70's he had a rapist on his team he covered for. Joe proved by those decisions, he wasn't a good person.

Actually his hiding the Sandusky incident wasn't Joe's first bad decision. In the 70's he had a rapist on his team he covered for. Joe proved by those decisions, he wasn't a good person.
Todd Hodne was his name … and that was such a blatant coverup it’s disgusting … based on his actions at Vandy ole Franklin is a natural fit there. True class A scumbag.

And of course you had Paterno talking to witnesses but you know it was all in search of truth. That entire state is filled with delusional nut jobs that have no moral compass.
That story tells you what kind of man Joe really was. So it's not hard to understand his letting Sandusky get away with his actions.
The only thing he cared about was winning football games no matter the cost.

That story tells you what kind of man Joe really was. So it's not hard to understand his letting Sandusky get away with his actions.
The only thing he cared about was winning football games no matter the cost.
It also gives you insight into how gross and toxic that fanbase is. They all deserve each other. Give JB back his wins ….

Cabinda was definitely one. I believe he was in Franklin's class. Both still playing in the league
No Cabinda was flipped by O’Brien. This was the year after Marrone left. Marrone famously stayed away from PSU transfers as a favor to his friend and the seat wasn’t even cold after Marrone left and he was poaching ours.

No Cabinda was flipped by O’Brien. This was the year after Marrone left. Marrone famously stayed away from PSU transfers as a favor to his friend and the seat wasn’t even cold after Marrone left and he was poaching ours.
He was only flipped because the scholly was made available when the penalty was reduced. I remember when this happened.

It was all about Joe’s record. He didn’t want anything to tarnish his record. Young boys suffered as a result

It was all about Joe’s record. He didn’t want anything to tarnish his record. Young boys suffered as a result
And women suffered as a result of Joe's record.

It is kinda nice to see that they aren't completely blowing it off like there is zero threat to them. Given a couple great classes and results on the field, it will make the staff's job of getting the cream of the crop to consider Syracuse that much easier. That's where this season's schedule REALLY helps.

A major influx of portal talent along with a marshmallow schedule... 9+ wins and it's off to the races for these coaches.

Can we let the Sandusky/JoePa stuff die? Keeping such a heinous crime alive through constantly bringing it back up isn’t appropriate. I respect that you all despise the program for it,
But I see no need to advocate for such trauma being actively discussed out of respect to the victims. It’s their story, not yours.

Can we let the Sandusky/JoePa stuff die? Keeping such a heinous crime alive through constantly bringing it back up isn’t appropriate. I respect that you all despise the program for it,
But I see no need to advocate for such trauma being actively discussed out of respect to the victims. It’s their story, not yours.
I get what you're saying and respect your opinion, truly. While it may be "their story" isn't it incumbent on others to remember their story? Put another way, should we forget that this happened?

We don't need to discuss sordid details, certainly, and rehashing the (lack of) punishment will not advance the cause of justice. But, much like the Holocaust, we have a duty to never forget...but we don't need to discuss the graphic details, or the aftermath in Germany or for the Jewish people. Nor do we for PSU.

(Edit: I don't mean to say that the PSU debacle is on par with the Holocaust. I'm not that naive.)

I get what you're saying and respect your opinion, truly. While it may be "their story" isn't it incumbent on others to remember their story? Put another way, should we forget that this happened?

We don't need to discuss sordid details, certainly, and rehashing the (lack of) punishment will not advance the cause of justice. But, much like the Holocaust, we have a duty to never forget...but we don't need to discuss the graphic details, or the aftermath in Germany or for the Jewish people. Nor do we for PSU.

(Edit: I don't mean to say that the PSU debacle is on par with the Holocaust. I'm not that naive.)
This I can agree with.

No because Joe tryed to act as if he was a moral person. Future generations need to be reminded that he wasn't.
Fans of Penn St are delusional, and think he is a saint.