"Fran Brown is already causing problems for Penn State football recruiting!" | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

"Fran Brown is already causing problems for Penn State football recruiting!"

I get what you're saying and respect your opinion, truly. While it may be "their story" isn't it incumbent on others to remember their story? Put another way, should we forget that this happened?

We don't need to discuss sordid details, certainly, and rehashing the (lack of) punishment will not advance the cause of justice. But, much like the Holocaust, we have a duty to never forget...but we don't need to discuss the graphic details, or the aftermath in Germany or for the Jewish people. Nor do we for PSU.

(Edit: I don't mean to say that the PSU debacle is on par with the Holocaust. I'm not that naive.)
I take your point. I guess that other schools should keep bringing up Boeheim's suspensions and the Bernie Fine fiasco then. Glass houses and all that.

Can we let the Sandusky/JoePa stuff die? Keeping such a heinous crime alive through constantly bringing it back up isn’t appropriate. I respect that you all despise the program for it,
But I see no need to advocate for such trauma being actively discussed out of respect to the victims. It’s their story, not yours.
No. Because the culture never changed. Paterno is still deified within their cult and there is no doubt in my mind that if it happened today they would still seek to cover it up to protect the "program."

Always hated Penn State with a passion but gave them grudging respect. The Sandusky crimes took my hatred to a different level but was willing to concede that it was a tragic incident perpetrated by a single sick individual. Watching Paterno try to sweep things under the rug eroded any benefit of the doubt and when I went to our game at MetLife and saw his acolytes with lifesize cardboard cutouts and St. JoPa caps was the last straw. Program and culture have not changed.
Regardless of the fact they’ve been ranked several times in the last decade, I think their fans are miserable knowing that they will never win the BIG title. Every year they start strong, and every year they lose to UM or tOSU and it all blows up. Maybe the expansion of the playoff helps them in the post season, but I doubt it. Now they have to try and leapfrog Washington and Oregon too.

PSU’s glory days are gone, and I don’t think the fans have really accepted that. Karma did invade State College, and it’s there to stay.

I get what you're saying and respect your opinion, truly. While it may be "their story" isn't it incumbent on others to remember their story? Put another way, should we forget that this happened?

We don't need to discuss sordid details, certainly, and rehashing the (lack of) punishment will not advance the cause of justice. But, much like the Holocaust, we have a duty to never forget...but we don't need to discuss the graphic details, or the aftermath in Germany or for the Jewish people. Nor do we for PSU.

(Edit: I don't mean to say that the PSU debacle is on par with the Holocaust. I'm not that naive.)
Where you and I and live it also feels shoved in our faces all the time. In my experience, there are still people that talk about it as if was nothing, just a little mistake and how dare you have feelings otherwise. It’s gross.

Where you and I and live it also feels shoved in our faces all the time. In my experience, there are still people that talk about it as if was nothing, just a little mistake and how dare you have feelings otherwise. It’s gross.
Yeah, they won't generally bring it up (I think they'd prefer not to), but if someone else does in any sort of accusatory or even suggestive tone, then you can't get them to shut up about it.

As Mark Twain (I think) said: Don't argue with stupid people. You won't win and they will drag you down to their level.

I take your point. I guess that other schools should keep bringing up Boeheim's suspensions and the Bernie Fine fiasco then. Glass houses and all that

Accusations found little substance because statute of limitations passed. Nobody was going to keep investigating a charge they couldn’t levy.
Time does not limit the lack of substance. And if that was true, then why did they start investigating in the first place?

Regardless of the fact they’ve been ranked several times in the last decade, I think their fans are miserable knowing that they will never win the BIG title. Every year they start strong, and every year they lose to UM or tOSU and it all blows up. Maybe the expansion of the playoff helps them in the post season, but I doubt it. Now they have to try and leapfrog Washington and Oregon too.

PSU’s glory days are gone, and I don’t think the fans have really accepted that. Karma did invade State College, and it’s there to stay.
They should come join the ACC and compete for titles. Why be an also-ran in a bloated conference?

Accusations found little substance because statute of limitations passed. Nobody was going to keep investigating a charge they couldn’t levy.
And they found a closeted guy to exploit. Same thing ya right. Bozo