Fran Brown, Syracuse Football New Head Coach, Official Announcement | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

Fran Brown, Syracuse Football New Head Coach, Official Announcement

That's another question; does he look to go system first and plug from there or adapt on the fly with what will work for the players he can get?
That's a great question. Hopefully, some of our beat reporters are taking notes and will ask on Dec. 4th.

You know you lost the argument when you just start using buzzwords when someone else makes a salient point. Just give it up
Except he wasn’t making a salient point. Those were textbook examples of gaslighting and a strawman argument.

Hopefully that doesn't repeat the recruits want pro style debacle of 05. That's what I'm expecting though. Georgia can do that stuff
Georgia famously went away from that to win natty #1 and #2. The Ravens snatched their OC because he was good with college concepts for Jackson

Speak for yourself.
Great! So you'll tell us how Wildhack screwed this all up? Since you have direct, personal knowledge of precisely how things went down.

Seriously. I'm not claiming hiring Brown is a masterstroke of genius. It could be an epic disaster. I'm not carrying water for our AD. I'd love to hear exactly how we botched things with Dan Mullen.

Yeah. If he goes 6-6 to 8-4 three or four years in a row, it'll be a good job, but maybe not the job we hope for, and he may get a look from someone - the program would be stable.

If he is going 7-5 to 9-3 three or four years in a row he is going to get a hard look from someone during that stretch, and the program would be where it was in the late 90s.

If he goes 8-4 to 10+ three or four years in a row, then he is going to be poached, but the program will be in a much better place and we should have a much better candidate pool to choose from at that time.
If he pulls those later numbers there will be really good position coaches under him ready to move up when he leaves.

Great! So you'll tell us how Wildhack screwed this all up? Since you have direct, personal knowledge of precisely how things went down.

Seriously. I'm not claiming hiring Brown is a masterstroke of genius. It could be an epic disaster. I'm not carrying water for our AD. I'd love to hear exactly how we botched things with Dan Mullen.
Another strawman.

Another strawman.

I'm not intentionally misrepresenting anything. I'm asking how you know that Mullen was an actual candidate for the HC job? I don't know. Apparently you do. With certainty. I'd love to know what happened?

straw man
/ˌstrô ˈman/
noun
noun: strawman
  1. 1.
    an intentionally misrepresented proposition that is set up because it is easier to defeat than an opponent's real argument.
    "her familiar procedure of creating a straw man by exaggerating their approach"

Hopefully. It's all a mystery. We know so little about him since he bypassed one level on the food chain.
I actually think that will help him in the portal this off-season.

From his bio on the Georgia site... No mention of recruiting, but IF Brown sees something in him as a recruiter, this could be his guy for the DMV...

Baltimore native. Graduated from Towson in 2016, interned there in strength and conditioning his senior year... Then Maryland, then Temple for two years, then three years at Miami, then a year at Grambling State, then Georgia...
S&C Coaches don't go out on the road to recruit.

I'm asking how you know that Mullen was an actual candidate for the HC job? I don't know. Apparently you do. With certainty. I'd love to know what happened?

I'm not intentionally misrepresenting anything. I'm asking how you know that Mullen was an actual candidate for the HC job? I don't know. Apparently you do. With certainty. I'd love to know what happened?

straw man
/ˌstrô ˈman/
noun
noun: strawman
  1. 1.
    an intentionally misrepresented proposition that is set up because it is easier to defeat than an opponent's real argument.
    "her familiar procedure of creating a straw man by exaggerating their approach"
In your previous post, you jumped to how/why JW botched things with Mullen. So yeah, I would call that a misrepresentation. But you’re back on topic now.

As I’ve said previously in this thread and as others have said previously in this thread, Mullen’s representative reached out to JW. On Friday/Saturday, reliable sources said it was a done deal.

If you want to suggest those sources made it up or were misled for some reason, more power to you. If you want to believe it was a coincidence that over half the team started following Mullen last week, more power to you. If you want to ignore the fact that Mullen didn’t deny anything until he replied to a random tweet late Sunday night, despite numerous opportunities earlier in the week, both on-air and off, more power to you.

I don’t know how/why it fell apart. That’s a good question. In all likelihood, we’ll never know. That doesn’t mean Mullen wasn’t under consideration.

There’s nothing else to say. In your own words, believe whatever you want.