Fran Brown, Syracuse Football New Head Coach, Official Announcement | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Fran Brown, Syracuse Football New Head Coach, Official Announcement

The coordinators be hires are going to be HUGE. If he hits on both coordinators we are going to have a great season as early as next season with our schedule. We aren’t gonna have to worry about Coach Brown bringing athletes. I know people know he’s an ELITE recruiter but it’s still gonna surprise some people the talent he’s going to bring here pretty much immediately. Expect some big splashes to transfer and commit here pretty quickly once Coach Brown gets things going. I’m not saying 5 stars but guys that typically wouldn’t even look Cuse’s way are gonna end up here. We are gonna have some do the best recruiting classes/transfers we’ve had in the modern era here at Cuse. Very confident about that. Just need to coordinators to scheme right and put these guys in the right positions and we’ll be off and running

This feels like we are going to either have an absolutely amazing, fun run right now or this is going to be an absolute disaster. I am very much on board with taking that risk given our recent history and the state of the sport.

Need to take a gamble to win big and that is what we are doing. Did not think we had the balls to do so. Time to flip some studs and make some noise hiring coordinators.

Let's freaking ride babyyyyyyyy

Who runs the operation btw now and then. Are the assistants officially done?

I'm hoping at least some coordinators are hired even if unofficially and can take care of some things before he gets here.

I believe asst contracts usually run from February to February. I could be wrong

I mean yes but if most are really dead man walking are they really giving it there all while they are here?

IMG_0825.jpeg

I mean yes but if most are really dead man walking are they really giving it there all while they are here?
I think they do, until they get their next job. I assume Nunzio is staying so I expect him to coach his cannoli off.

On record as not a fan of this hire. Very clear Admin went on the cheap and the spin is to lean into this #1 recruiter thing. who lists the #1 Recruiter like this? This is subjective at best. Pssssh

Is he wrong?

If he brings in solid coordinators, recruits well, and hammers the portal next years schedule sets up for him to be very successful. You have to imagine there maybe a handful of Georgia players who are back ups that may want to come to Syracuse and have a very good chance to start. This is the ultimate swing for the fences hire, and I Hope he knocks it out of the park.