Fran Brown | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Fran Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was Rutgers pulling in top 25 recruiting classes when he was there before Georgia?
He was largely responsible for any good player they landing. Got them in the door and as a finalist for a number of nationally recruited players as well.

It is hard to recruit well with a coach as disliked as Schiano as your head coach. He did as well as anyone could ever do to overcome that great handicap.

He was a co DC at Temple for a year.

He is from Camden, NJ. The best recruiter in college football.

This is as close as Syracuse could possibly come to hiring Deion Sanders without hiring Deion Sanders.

If we got him, we would be in the top 25 in recruiting almost immediately. We would (assuming we can raise the money for the NIL budget to the required level) become a major force in the portal overnight.

He would need an experienced staff with some solid coordinators to help him make the jump from DB coach.

Steve Addazio hired him out of HS for his first college job at Temple. He would surely be part of any staff Fran would put together. Rocky Long would be an awesome mentor as well on the defensive side of the ball. Not sure he would want to work for a 41 year old young coach he doesn't know though.

Super high risk/high reward candidate.
i'm beginning to fall in love all over again. THis feels like all the hallmark movies the 3 females in my house will watch for the next 30 days.

I tend to believe that there is an inherent cap on the level you can recruit at a place like Syracuse regardless of who your coach is. A development model like current Iowa St or Kansas St makes more sense here, to me.

While he may have it easy recruiting for Georgia.
You have to think this gives him an upper hand at knowing exactly what elite talent looks like. He’s coaching the best of the best every day. He’s making connections with these guys.
A head coach doesn’t need to be a coordinator. He needs to be able to lead the team. Lead the coaching staff. Instill a winning culture, which coming from Georgia he would know something about this.
I wouldn’t be mad about Fran Brown.

Fran Brown and Scott Cochran would be the mega super number one dream package

I tend to believe that there is an inherent cap on the level you can recruit at a place like Syracuse regardless of who your coach is. A development model like current Iowa St or Kansas St makes more sense here, to me.

Hiring a head coach because he can recruit and not coach is a big mistake. In this thread, nobody mentioned anything about his coaching and how well he coaches. What his strengths are on defense etc... The only thing is he is a recruiter. LOL As if that will translate to Syracuse.

While he may have it easy recruiting for Georgia.
You have to think this gives him an upper hand at knowing exactly what elite talent looks like. He’s coaching the best of the best every day. He’s making connections with these guys.
A head coach doesn’t need to be a coordinator. He needs to be able to lead the team. Lead the coaching staff. Instill a winning culture, which coming from Georgia he would know something about this.
I wouldn’t be mad about Fran Brown.
I could warm up to that … I mean picking a coach is a relative craps shoot anyway, nothing is guaranteed.

The single reason why this program has been in a never ending cycle of mediocrity is b/c of poor recruiting. If this guy can get us in the top 20/30 recruiting class on an annual basis I don’t see how we don’t finish in top half of ACC. He’ll be cheap so we can hire experienced coordinators. This would be Deon Sanders type of hire, but I’d rather give this a try than going down the same route that we’ve gone the past 20 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom