Fran Brown | Page 50 | Syracusefan.com

Fran Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate thinking of Addazio calling our offense.
I think he could get us a functioning line, but I don't want him anywhere near the QB or the play calling.

At least Fran is coming from Georgia where they've had some sophistication with their offense although with loads of NFL talent.

I did not know Fran Brown existed until two days ago....but with regard to his lack of head coaching experience, I wonder if being integrally involved with one of the best P5 programs in the country and observing successful strategies from a privileged vantage point is at least as valuable as having been the head coach of an FCS team....If he is bright, caring, personable, well-organized, open to new ideas and willing to delegate, I would think he has a good chance to be successful...I just hope he does not get dumber as he gets older!

I don't see either being the OC, Nunzio is not ready for that at this level and Addazio is past his prime. I can see both on staff but I'd be shocked if either were made the OC.

That is good. Fran needs to take a breath these are 2 hires that will make or break his coaching career.

I imagine he will stay on and coach the championship game this weekend and then join Syracuse before the playoffs start. This would put him before 12/4

I don't see either being the OC, Nunzio is not ready for that at this level and Addazio is past his prime. I can see both on staff but I'd be shocked if either were made the OC.

That would make more comfortable. Addazio is still a great line coach, along the lines of DeLeone or a better version of Marrone.

"Having the #1 recruiter won't have a significant impact on recruiting at Syracuse" is certainly an interesting take by some of you.

We'll find out soon enough. Do you think we can pull a Top 40 class with all the portal guys included?

That is good. Fran needs to take a breath these are 2 hires that will make or break his coaching career.

I imagine he will stay on and coach the championship game this weekend and then join Syracuse before the playoffs start. This would put him before 12/4

By going with Brown, SU will have additional funds to pay a top end OC. They can offer a mill+ if need be. They could go for broke there if they really wanted to.

We'll find out soon enough. Do you think we can pull a Top 40 class with all the portal guys included?
What was Syracuse on avg the last 5 years? This is a serious question as I have no idea.

By going with Brown, SU will have additional funds to pay a top end OC. They can offer a mill+ if need be. They could go for broke there if they really wanted to.

Well, that's what this hire yells - we've got money to spend on NIL. We just save a couple million dollars. Now, it's how we use it.

You’re not going to achieve better hiring Dino 2.0.
How is hiring Brown "Dino 2.0"?

Dino was an offensive guy, Brown's a defensive guy. Dino had HC experience, Brown doesn't. Dino is from California - played RB in college, Brown is from Jersey - played DB in college. Dino came from a lower level conference - the MAC. Brown comes from the highest level conference - the SEC. Dino wasn't known as an elite recruiter, Brown is known as the best.

They're closer to being the total opposite than are to being the same?

It would have to be someone he has connections with I would imagine he wouldn't just randomly hire someone he didn't know.

What was Syracuse on avg the last 5 years? This is a serious question as I have no idea.

Mid 50s to Mid 60s. Between 10th and 14th in the ACC every year. Maybe 1 or 2 four stars, usually as transfers.

Brown will keep coach Nuz and possibly a few others. We might be looking at the Dazzler again as well. Im actually excited for this move it takes some stones for JW to make this move.

Either a key booster was not on board, or Wildhack needs to start looking for new work.
They say he raises a lot of money, but it doesn't look like he spends it well.
Isn't that what they used to say about Doctor Gross?

lol

Reactions: CIL
Must watch for all. Tells you a lot about Fran’s recruiting philosophy
This is great and all but Fran isn’t going to have the time on the recruiting trail as head football coach as he did as a position coach. I hope it translates but i want my HC game planning during the week. Not to mention all of the other responsibilities he will now have as a HC that will again take away from the time building that bond with said players. Unless he plans on running himself into the ground he has to delegate a lot of those responsibilities. It’s a whole different story when you’re the closer and not the one developing those relationships where you text/call kids almost daily.

So we start with Doug White Lewis Candle Cig Martin Chesney and a slew of other name coaches including the best OL coach in the NFL and i guess Dan. At this point we are down to two of the original group and Fran. Out of all of the coaches available. These are our finalist. Now some will say that guys like Lewis and White didnt want the job. Well didnt JW or better yet shouldnt JW have had a list of potential coaches that he already new would have interest. I mean did he actually let Dino go without an already vetted short list.
Again, something here just doesn't add up at all. Something seems really odd.

The only thing odd is how often you flip on your opinions. John has a list for every sport.

We came into this season with 8 or 9 guys who had previous starts on the offensive line, and about 10 guys who had seen meaningful playing time on the defensive line, due to all the past injuries. Surely competent line play could be fashioned out of that many experienced players with better coaching. We lost good players in the defensive backfield, but that wasn't really our problem area on this team, was it?

Yes, it was.

Mid 50s to Mid 60s. Between 10th and 14th in the ACC every year. Maybe 1 or 2 four stars, usually as transfers.
40s is achievable. I have no details backing up the how or why but that will be my answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom