Fran Brown | Page 85 | Syracusefan.com

Fran Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_0823-compressed.jpeg
Belgian Strong Ale aged in Blanton’s barrels

I think this is a great hire. I don't live in Syracuse but I've been following SU football since the Archbold stadium days when I was a kid. Hiring up from a lower tier is unlikely to cut mustard with 4 star players. All want to be "fine young gentlemen" but 4 and 5 star players want a better path the NFL. Syracuse has almost never recruited more than one 4 star player per year, and mostly they weren't very good. There are never guarantees, but a guy from a top tier program would impress me. No expectation that Syracuse can rival Georgia in recruiting, but being a top 20 to 40 team in recruiting would be great, as has been mentioned. I am excited about SU football in a way i haven't been in a number of years.
So many not realizing this point. He’s already making an impact in jersey for kids now considering cuse and it hasn’t even been announced. He gets the kids more fired up than all other candidates! Let’s go cuse!

I am surprised no one has referenced Marcus Freeman as a comparable coach to Fran Brown when he was hired as HC at Notre Dame. Freeman is younger that Brown too. He did have 4-5 years as a DC and prior experience at ND but other than that there are some comparisons IMO. Thoughts?

I am surprised no one has referenced Marcus Freeman as a comparable coach to Fran Brown when he was hired as HC at Notre Dame. Freeman is younger that Brown too. He did have 4-5 years as a DC and prior experience at ND but other than that there are some comparisons IMO. Thoughts?
The 5 years of DC experience for Freeman stand out as a major difference.

This seems similar to hiring Red. No, Fran is not an alum, nor has he worked for Syracuse for a long time, also he isn't following a legend. Ok, so maybe he isn't similar at all. The part that I think is similar is that I think Fran, if hired, will win the off-season. His talent accumulation will be impressive and have us thinking big for next season. But, his lack of head coaching experience may lead to a slow start to the season. Either way, bring him on, change was needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom