Fran Brown | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Fran Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
So in summary nobody knows if Fran is actually a good coach or not. We are interested in him because he is like Deion Sanders, and we are hiring him so we can keep our TE coach and make him OC, and we are going to start pulling 4-5 star players and make Syracuse a top 25 recruiting hotbed.
Always Sunny Reaction GIF

I heard this rumor too. I would have no words if he gets the job. Literally would be dumbfounded.
Really? After all the nonsense and you're reporting rumors. Unbelievable...

So if I sell Lexus I still have to compete with Mercedes and BMW. If I sell Toyotas I am competing with Honda and Ford.
Being a good salesperson is being a good salesperson. Brown is competeing with and beating elite level programs for elite recruits. SU doesn’t need Mercedes we need more Hondas and less Mitsubishi’s.

Cuserunner sold Kias.

You have zero idea the context around 2 of those three situations. Wildhack had no ability to fire JB 5 years ago or even 3 years ago you can't seriously think it was his call to keep him until last year do you? I won't even get into the lax situation but you may want to do some research into this year's current squad
This is results based business correct? All three teams have seriously underperformed . He is the AD and Boeheim himself said he was on a yr to yr contract, so I guess he would have a huge say whether he stays or goes. That being said, I will always root for this program and pray to the sweet lord he makes the right hire for Football.

On the positive side, 247Sports recently named Brown the No. 1 recruiter in the nation for the 2024 recruiting class

Ya wonder how much of Georgia's success is his to claim, but otherwise I am down with Fran Brown.

If it’s Chesney, and this is his DC we’re in business
Haven't been keeping up the last several hours but I do know Mullen is out. IF Chesney is still the guy at HC (if he's not out too?), having the best recruiter in the nation as his DC/AHC (or Co-DC if Long is kept) would do a lot to diminish any fears about Chesney's ability to recruit P5 players.

The more I think about it, a Chesney-Brown pairing just might hit right.

Brown as HC solely? I'd need to learn more but on the surface, that's not nearly as appealing as him paired up w/ BC.

At this point just announce somebody, and we all will do with that information as we choose, for me its anybody on the list except Chesney, after that ill try to find good in whoever it is.

Haven't been keeping up the last several hours but I do know Mullen is out. IF Chesney is still the guy at HC (if he's not out too?), having the best recruiter in the nation as his DC/AHC (or Co-DC if Long is kept) would do a lot to diminish any fears about Chesney's ability to recruit P5 players.

The more I think about it, a Chesney-Brown pairing just might hit right.

Brown as HC solely? I'd need to learn more but on the surface, that's not nearly as appealing as him paired up w/ BC.
Yeah I can’t see Brown leaving Georgia to be an assistant here. Hell I bet Georgia would be able to pay him more to stay their DB coach than we would to have him as an AHC/DC. Only way he comes here is if we offer him the HC job.

Fran Brown would be a tough sell. Yeah, great recruiter has never been higher than a co-defensive coordinator, and to make that leap to leading a P5 school as a head coach based on the fact he can recruit NJ alone is just weak.

Im sure he is a nice man, but this may be malpractice by Whildhack if he ends up being the guy hired. I know SU isn't the most attractive job; I know we have limitations, but Fran Brown? Really? REALLY!!!

Yeah I can’t see Brown leaving Georgia to be an assistant here. Hell I bet Georgia would be able to pay him more to stay their DB coach than we would to have him as an AHC/DC. Only way he comes here is if we offer him the HC job.
Yeah, you're probably right. So what happened with Chesney? Is he now out too?

Never be afraid to hire someone who is so talented they may eventually outgrow your organization. Please.
I'm the fan of a football team not the CEO of an upstart tech company. I value stability and would prefer to hire someone who would buy into the program and not use it as a stepping stone.

The last guy Cuse hired had HC experience and how did that work out? Brown is a proven entity in the recruiting world, as Co-HC at a couple stops im sure he will manage the game better than what we have seen.

Yeah, you're probably right. So what happened with Chesney? Is he now out too?
No he is far from out. Brown is an option(why?) but JW would have to explain why a week ago he laid out the requirements for the next coach and Fran meets none of them beyond the NE part.

I'm the fan of a football team not the CEO of an upstart tech company. I value stability and would prefer to hire someone who would buy into the program and not use it as a stepping stone.
Yeah, but come on if he “uses” SU that means the team is successful and should be in a much stronger position to hire the next guy. Or he loves the low cost of living, relatively low expectations, and great public schools, JD and FM for his kids. Can’t be afraid someone will be too good.

Mack Brown

The guy has been a good recruiter his whole career. But his teams routinely underachieve because of coaching.

Despite our talent deficiencies, if they had been coached up we do not get blown out in the 1st half vs UNC and VA Tech, we beat BC and maybe even Clemson or GA Tech.

There is no doubt we have a talent issue. But even with said talent issue we could have gone 8-4 with competitive Ls had we had decent HCing.

We need to fix both recruiting and coaching.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom