Fran Brown | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Fran Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate to say that this might actually be happening and I absolutely HATE it.

He's never going to get us the top guys in Jersey, and his two hires for coordinators HAVE to be spot on.

Literally a worst case scenario in my mind and Wildhack needs to go if this happens.

EDIT: I don't 100% trust the person I'm hearing this from, they've been wrong before.

Fran Brown would be a tough sell. Yeah, great recruiter has never been higher than a co-defensive coordinator, and to make that leap to leading a P5 school as a head coach based on the fact he can recruit NJ alone is just weak.

Im sure he is a nice man, but this may be malpractice by Whildhack if he ends up being the guy hired. I know SU isn't the most attractive job; I know we have limitations, but Fran Brown? Really? REALLY!!!
could Chesney have turned us down?

The last guy Cuse hired had HC experience and how did that work out? Brown is a proven entity in the recruiting world, as Co-HC at a couple stops im sure he will manage the game better than what we have seen.
The last guy Syracuse hired that did not have HC experience; how did that work out?

Kirby smart loves the guy, is it my first choice or even my top 5 no, but Kirby smart singing a guys praises is worth a lot IMO

He's never going to get us the top guys in Jersey, and his two hires for coordinators HAVE to be spot on.

Literally a worst case scenario in my mind and Wildhack needs to go if this happens.

This has to be like an actual joke like no way we can hire Fran Brown lol

No he is far from out. Brown is an option(why?) but JW would have to explain why a week ago he laid out the requirements for the next coach and Fran meets none of them beyond the NE part.
Which is why I thought maybe Brown was in play as an AHC/DC? If Chesney is still a candidate, I'm confused about how Brown fits into the puzzle.

Kirby smart loves the guy, is it my first choice or even my top 5 no, but Kirby smart singing a guys praises is worth a lot IMO
Pete Carroll loved GERG. Be careful w recommendations from guys at the top of the mountain.

We need to make our mind up as to who is the best candidate for SU football. Not recommendations from the upper crust

EDIT: I don't 100% trust the person I'm hearing this from, they've been wrong before.

There's a better chance of you being hired as the HC then there is of Wildhack being fired regardless of who hires. He's beloved by the board and non sports side of SU.

I've never ever liked having an assistant from a power school like Georgia be named HC but this time it just seems different to me.

I don't know how he solves the problems we have on the field. At all.

And is he going to be able to land the top talent from NJ even? Probably not, they'll still go to OSU or Alabama.

So what's the point?

Because he is Deion Sanders and we can keep our TE coach.

Mack Brown

The guy has been a good recruiter his whole career. But his teams routinely underachieve because of coaching.

Despite our talent deficiencies, if they had been coached up we do not get blown out in the 1st half vs UNC and VA Tech, we beat BC and maybe even Clemson or GA Tech.

There is no doubt we have a talent issue. But even with said talent issue we could have gone 8-4 with competitive Ls had we had decent HCing.

We need to fix both recruiting and coaching.
I think it's easier to find assistants who can coach up players than it is to retain the most highly regarded recruiter in the country.

People are acting ridiculous. God forbid we hire a no name guy like Fran Brown. They don’t care about results, just that we hire a sexy name.
Most have no clue about Fran Brown. Probably never heard of him until today.
This isn’t an ideal situation. We can’t go hire Jimbo Fisher or even Dan Mullen.

Of course, but it's potentially a worse hire than Shafer was.

I can't see that being true. Brown isn't my first or 2nd choice but clearly he brings recruiting element SU hasn't had probably ever or at least since a young Eddie O was here pounding the pavement. My money is still on Chesney but Brown is a totally different dynamic for a program that needs one.

more i think about it, Chesney is definitely still in the running for the job. He has ALL the incentive to put it out there he's not a candidate for the SU job because frankly he's trying to hold on to recruiting classes at holy cross right now. He's an actual head coach who's not playing currently. His entire energy is recruiting for HC. If he wasn't a candidate he'd let the world know via some media outlet.

I think he's very much in play if i'm countering my own counter

People are acting ridiculous. God forbid we hire a no name guy like Fran Brown. They don’t care about results, just that we hire a sexy name.
Most have no clue about Fran Brown. Probably never heard of him until today.
This isn’t an ideal situation. We can’t go hire Jimbo Fisher or even Dan Mullen.
Seems a little off base. I think most know exactly who he is from his time at Rutgers. Especially with the Clark and chestnut situation

If any of this is remotely true, it smacks of some abject scrambling by JW.
He said this would all be done by 12/4- and maybe that's starting to add to the outcome. Let's hope he doesn't start grasping at straws.
JMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors