Fran Brown | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Fran Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he was you’d think he wouldn’t be a career secondary coach so far, why hasn’t he been able to go above co defensive coordinator at a group of 5 school?
No, I hear you. Thats why I agree with so many that his coordinator spots are super important. Run it like a CEO and just have amazing people working for you.
Not targeting you as I say this, but I just feel like the "I'M GOING TO JUMP OFF THE ROOF IF ITS BROWN" posts are overly dramatic when so much is unknown.

Truth be told, we have no idea that Brown isn't the brightest X's and O's guy out there or not. Its a gamble if hes the guy. But in the current landscape, Cuse is a program that probably has to take a gamble.
Let the OC and DC coach X and O. Be a decent face to the program. Hire good staff. Continue to be a recruiter par excellence.

The biggest thing we lack is talent and depth. Fran would address a lot of those issues quickly. Would he be a great in game coach? Who knows? But what are we comparing him to? Kirby? Or Babers?

Tend to agree. JW has always made publicly clear recruiting is #1

Let the OC and DC coach X and O. Be a decent face to the program. Hire good staff. Continue to be a recruiter par excellence.

And be prepared to make good quick decisions,

Yes don't forget that Thamel knows everything and if he doesn't tweet it can't happen and our AD is useless. I feel like I'm reading the transcription of local sports radio on some of these posts.
Thamel is wrong. Axe is wrong. ESPN is wrong. Board rumors are wrong. Waters and Ditota know nothing. No one knows, but you, but you don't post anything until well after and then it's only cryptic riddles. I'm telling you guys, it was always going to snow last week! Read between the lines, idiots.

Do you ever wonder what the hell happened at Robinson’s interview that convinced Gross to hire him?

Based on how his career played out, I'll speculate that Gross was super impressed by GRob's reading of "Cat in the Hat" and "Green Eggs and Ham".

Honestly, I think firing a head coach after bowl season was incredibly stupid and limited Syracuse's option - to the point GRob was the least bad one available since he had a resume Gross could spin for a PR win.

The last guy Cuse hired had HC experience and how did that work out? Brown is a proven entity in the recruiting world, as Co-HC at a couple stops im sure he will manage the game better than what we have

Kirby smart loves the guy, is it my first choice or even my top 5 no, but Kirby smart singing a guys praises is worth a lot IMO
You mean like Pete Carrol and Dick Vermiel did for Greg Robinson SMFH

So just to make sure I have it clear. Chesney will be a failure here because hes never recruited at this level. Brown will be a failure here...because hes proven to recruit at this level. Am I up to speed?
I posted something similar. Brown can recruit but hasnt been a HC. Chesney can be a HC but has never recruited at this level. Either one is a risk.

ADJW must not have told Thamel his super secret coach list or is Thamel not trusted? I just want to know who you consider a reliable source? Axe? ... you have a lot of 20/20 hindsight coming in after facts and that you say you knew days ago.

Thamel was missing Chuck Martin there too, so yeah it’s possible he missed Brown

Thamel was missing Chuck Martin there too, so yeah it’s possible he missed Brown
No no no he was always on the meticulously planned out short list. Can't be!

Thamel is wrong. Axe is wrong. ESPN is wrong. Board rumors are wrong. Waters and Ditota know nothing. No one knows, but you, but you don't post anything until well after and then it's only cryptic riddles. I'm telling you guys, it was always going to snow last week! Read between the lines, idiots.
Actually quite the opposite. Nearly every time something good is happening JeremyCuse posts his “not what I’m hearing” posts and almost immediately thereafter the good thing going is now dead….he has good info…I often hate his info…but it’s usually right lol

This would be a WORSE hire than Greg Robinson was. Let that sink in for a minute.

Without sounding disrespectful to either of these men, at least Greg had a resume that you could connect to an HC job at that time.

This would be the final nail in the coffin for this program. Full stop.
I don’t think it’s that bad, but it reminds me of Maryland hiring Locksley,, or it’s like why don’t we just bring back Nick Monroe for HC. Or George McDonald.

Based on how his career played out, I'll speculate that Gross was super impressed by GRob's reading of "Cat in the Hat" and "Green Eggs and Ham".

Honestly, I think firing a head coach after bowl season was incredibly stupid and limited Syracuse's option - to the point GRob was the least bad one available since he had a resume Gross could spin for a PR win.

That's funny you wrote that because Mr. Brown is in "Hop on Pop".

You mean like Pete Carrol and Dick Vermiel did for Greg Robinson SMFH
Almost every coach who gets hired gets recommdations from somebody lol just because Greg Robinson turned out to be dumpster juice does not equate to everybody who gets a endorsement from a big time coach will be awful lmao.

Almost every coach who gets hired gets recommdations from somebody lol just because Greg Robinson turned out to be dumpster juice does not equate to everybody who gets a endorsement from a big time coach will be awful lmao.

Curious if John talked to Nunzio about Brown?

Dumpster juice

You’re all out of your minds if you think this is a good idea. This will be a complete sh!! Show. I really hope there’s no reason it’s catching steam. You’re insane if you want this guy over Chesney.

I don’t think it’s that bad, but it reminds me of Maryland hiring Locksley,, or it’s like why don’t we just bring back Nick Monroe for HC. Or George McDonald.
Agree have no problem if we bring this guy in to recruit and be DB coach

Obviously, you're a big time JW fan. Cool cool. I have my opinion too, I think he's a hack who ran from ESPN when he saw the writing on the wall there and cozied up with SU to half-ass an athletic program as he coasts to retirement. I have zero problem with SU taking a step back from athletics to focus on academics, but don't pee on my leg and tell me it's raining. I know how university sports finances work. The BOT and academics love the money coming in but hate the game. It's OK, just admit it, they don't have to pretend that there's grand master plan to get back in the top-20s again. Maybe they can call me again today for more donation money.

* UConn has two natties since the last SU was ranked in conference play.
** We should hire Rutgers coaches! Oh wait, we just may!

I like JW but I am not some diehard who thinks he can do no wrong.

Your taking out your frustration on Wildhack who has gotten more money out of the school and board then any prior AD. He got almost $750K for White to be the DC here which is unheard of for SU, he also put together the buyout money for Dino last year before he won 7 games and convinced the school to move on from JB despite a ton of pushback and a board full of JB diehards. SU has money but your acting like their just a tier below A&M and PSU in finances, it simply isn't the case.

UConn's athletics program is hemorrhaging money and is near bankruptcy. They're in a dire situation despite last years title.

No, I hear you. Thats why I agree with so many that his coordinator spots are super important. Run it like a CEO and just have amazing people working for you.
Not targeting you as I say this, but I just feel like the "I'M GOING TO JUMP OFF THE ROOF IF ITS BROWN" posts are overly dramatic when so much is unknown.
Totally agree!

I like JW but I am not some diehard who thinks he can do no wrong.

Your taking out your frustration on Wildhack who has gotten more money out of the school and board then any prior AD. He got almost $750K for White to be the DC here which is unheard of for SU, he also put together the buyout money for Dino last year before he won 7 games and convinced the school to move on from JB despite a ton of pushback and a board full of JB diehards. SU has money but your acting like their just a tier below A&M and PSU in finances, it simply isn't the case.

UConn's athletics program is hemorrhaging money and is near bankruptcy. They're in a dire situation despite last years title.
I believe he also donated $1M.

Again what are you talking about. When did I say any of those people were wrong and that I know who the next football coach is ( I don't) or using fn riddles. Please go ahead and find those posts and link them here. Your literally just making sh&t up now and look like an idiot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom