France eliminates USA from World Cup | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

France eliminates USA from World Cup

Lost to Serbia this morning by 5. Got down 35-7 and it was all uphill after that. Finished 6th.
6th is now out of reach. If they beat Poland, they'll finish 7th.

I know that there are some great players on some of the international teams but it sure seems like a team with 100% NBA players ought to be beating teams with only a handful of NBA players.

I mean being ranked as the 14th best NBA player is a huge accomplishment. But Rudy is Rudy. He will misinterprete everything to help him improve. Good for him.
He's pissed about not making the all-star team. That's going to bother him forever.

Ok so back during Gobert's rookie year I was driving around one night and had the Jazz game on the radio. This was during the trust the process 76ers stuff and the Jazz gave Gobert some minutes right before the end of the 3rd quarter, he didn't play much in those days. So Brown the Philly coach decides to hack Gobert and intentionally put him on the line. And Gobert is having NONE OF IT. Locke and Boone, the radio play by play guys, are cracking up narrating it because Rudy was so hot and is woofing at Brown the whole time. Like standing at the line and yelling at Brown because he felt so disrespected.

I think I found the box score - 76ers vs. Jazz - Box Score - February 12, 2014 - ESPN and if you check the play by play at the end of the 3rd quarter you can see the FTs Gobert made. He hit both, but later missed his next 2.

Anyway, that always stuck with me, one because of how much the radio guys were cracking up, but two because it was clear early on that Rudy cares. He wants to win, he wants to be great, and he has a Jordanesque radar for signs of disrespect. And unlike most people, he's able to take that and turn it into positive drive to improve.

He's awesome.

Why cant Chukwu be Gobert?
If you are referring to my hottest take ever, I came clean in another post by admitting my faux pas but my post was also misinterpreted. It was asking if Chukwu had the ability to make a jump like Gobert did and not really asking if he could be as good as Gobert. People forget how poor offensively Gobert was when he first came into the league and he still scores all his points within five or seven feet. He is just much stronger and now holds the NBA record for most dunks in a season. Defensively is another story where Gobert is just an absolute monster. Chukwu had some injuries so he never developed as we all hoped and some people just aren't as good. Looking back, a fairer question could have been is could Fab Melo have been as good if he had the same dedication as Gobert. After all, Fab Melo was a 22nd pick and Gobert was 27th.

2020 rolls around what 12 Nba players are the best we can put on the floor and make a team?
Yes! We got this if we put our top guys out there. No offense to the guys who tried.

Wow, not our best team. I give credit to these guys for being willing to play but wow, what a weak group.
wow these guys blew cheese. (and that's 50 cents extra at some steak joints)

Guards like kyrie, steph, harden, Thompson, Lowry, Westbrook dame
Forwards like Leonard George Durant griffin Green jimmy butler
Centers Davis, Drummond, embidd Jordan

A lot of names that aren’t included here.
If we put our best team out no one on this team is there’s and likely most of them wouldn’t even make the second team. While a few would make the 3rd team.
And I didn’t include LeBron here neither no idea if he would want in and if he would be up to it.

It's pathetic we have to pull out a canon to win this tourney. Tomas Satoransky is a god damn star in this tourney for god's sake.

I think it's got more to do with the style of international ball than the talent of the guys playing. The game is much more physical ...ball movement is something the Euros and international game used to be known for, but now the NBA game has far more ball movement and the Euros are all about pick and roll or pick and pop. I'm not sure if they are ahead or behind the times, but whatever they are doing is easier to run the way they officiate these games.

the biggest problem the US had...if you ask me...wasn't the talent level, it was our guards were too small.

Honestly I think all NBA guys should be prohibited from playing. The novelty has worn off and nobody cares. Let's turn it back to where we are the David and the Euro's are the Goliaths.

It's pathetic we have to pull out a canon to win this tourney. Tomas Satoransky is a god damn star in this tourney for god's sake.

I think it's got more to do with the style of international ball than the talent of the guys playing. The game is much more physical ...ball movement is something the Euros and international game used to be known for, but now the NBA game has far more ball movement and the Euros are all about pick and roll or pick and pop. I'm not sure if they are ahead or behind the times, but whatever they are doing is easier to run the way they officiate these games.

the biggest problem the US had...if you ask me...wasn't the talent level, it was our guards were too small.

Biggest problem was the UConn guy isn’t built for anything more than being a chucker on a bad team.

Honestly I think all NBA guys should be prohibited from playing. The novelty has worn off and nobody cares. Let's turn it back to where we are the David and the Euro's are the Goliaths.

Why? So everybody else’s pros can play but ours? There’s a ton of good foreign players in the NBA now. There wasn’t back in the 80s and prior.

The USA team for future World Cups should be under 23 team.

So all the players young and can work to become members of the Olympic team.
Under 23 would be all young studs within the NBA.

Why? So everybody else’s pros can play but ours? There’s a ton of good foreign players in the NBA now. There wasn’t back in the 80s and prior.
No - I think anyone in the NBA should not be allowed to play. Any nationality in any other professional league...have at it. The NBA stuff is tired to me

The USA team for future World Cups should be under 23 team.

So all the players young and can work to become members of the Olympic team.
Under 23 would be all young studs within the NBA.

We should take our best players, regardless of age. Everyone else does.

I think there are a lot of players that don't want two extended off seasons in a row and are picking the Olympics over the World Cup. I don't know what the answer is - perhaps making the Olympics 24 and under or something.

So we have people compagning for no nba players allowed, Under 23, and to fill the team with G leaguers.
And to play against grown men that have played together for 5-10 years?

View attachment 170078
I don’t want no NBA guys.
I am just saying use the World Cup on under 23 NBA guys.
It would be good international experience for them and we have tons of young studs to chose from.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom