francesa just said he cancelled schiano | Syracusefan.com

francesa just said he cancelled schiano

orangehomer

All American
schiano was coming on to promote rutgers vs. army, schiano asked him to guarantee that there would be no PSU questions, francesa said he doesn't take conditions and cancelled the interview.

Smart thing on Schiano's part to request the assurance. He doesn't need to be talking about PSU right now.

I'd like to rip on Schiano, but can't blame him. No sense in putting foot in mouth regarding something that has nothing to do with your program on the individual basis.

That's because he is complicit also even if to a lesser extent. He was a coach there from 1990 - 1995. As much time as coaches spend together there is just no way every single assistant during the time Sandusky was doing these things that they didn't hear rumors, see kids brought around, see something fishy, etc. At the very latest this stuff started in 1994 and probably earlier. He too kept his head in the sand if he had even the slightest inkling.

I hate Francesa with a passion - but good for him. All these coaches are going to have the face the media about this sooner or later. Its was a perfect chance for Shady to take the high road but I guess we all know what the first instinct is for this "used car salesman".

So we are seeing the destruction of PSU and Schiano ducking questions on PSU...wow.

A little unfair Bees. Just because you work with someone, hear some rumors, does not make you complicit in that person's behavior. I can't stand shady but I wouldn't tar him him with that brush.

I do not blame Francesa for doing his job in asking about it (since Schiano was there and it is relevant) and then cancelling on Schiano when he refuses to discuss it, nor do I blame Schiano for not wanting to discuss it.

A little unfair Bees. Just because you work with someone, hear some rumors, does not make you complicit in that person's behavior. I can't stand shady but I wouldn't tar him him with that brush.

"Complicit" might be the wrong word, but the dude had kids around all the time. They were his gd roommates at the Alamo Bowl. He brought them into coaches' meetings. If they bring in a guy who was there during this, and saw anything, as unfair as it may be, that coach is going to doomed from the start.

I do not blame Francesa for doing his job in asking about it (since Schiano was there and it is relevant) and then cancelling on Schiano when he refuses to discuss it, nor do I blame Schiano for not wanting to discuss it.
i agree, i don't blame either side. i just thought it was interesting.

I thought about this and thought about Schiano's tenure there. Although I am sick to my stomach over this (and I am), I feel that it is unfair for some to say some of the things they're saying about GS, all because you really dislike the guy.

I'm pretty sure that we've said some things about DM, and we have on our board, however, we are focusing on this issue with JoePa and his staff, and all of the guilty parties that had firsthand knowledge of this.

Check that, it seems to me that many would like answers. However I'm certain that many believe that whoever was there while Sandusky was there, is tainted just by there tenure there. This is just badOh Lord

"Complicit" might be the wrong word, but the dude had kids around all the time. They were his gd roommates at the Alamo Bowl. He brought them into coaches' meetings. If they bring in a guy who was there during this, and saw anything, as unfair as it may be, that coach is going to doomed from the start.

True. He was at PSU for 5 years, he had to have known or heard something. I don't care if the boss man wanted everything hush hush. <aybe not complicit but certainly should have done or said something if he had even 1 ounce of suspicion.

It's completely fair dash. Go ask Conley how much time he is with Shafer and the other coaches.

Check that, it seems to me that many would like answers. However I'm certain that many believe that whoever was there while Sandusky was there, is tainted just by there tenure there. This is just badOh Lord

Exactly. Anyone that was at PSU while Sandusky was there should be questioned.

I agree with Bees, they all knew or at least had a notion or two

Exactly. Anyone that was at PSU while Sandusky was there should be questioned.

However Bees; to crucify someone prematurely, all because of your dislike for that particular person, and seizing the opportunity to do it, is premature and irresponsible. Everyone who reads your posts know of your dislike for our HC, but at this particular point, I think that we would all like to see what's going to happen. The person, I really wish you would publicly crucify on this public board is the GA who saw everything happening and told his father about it, instead of beating the piss out of Sandusky, or going to the authorities with first hand eyewitness accounts of what he saw!

schiano was coming on to promote rutgers vs. army, schiano asked him to guarantee that there would be no PSU questions, francesa said he doesn't take conditions and cancelled the interview.
Hard to promote yourself as NYs team when you refuse to be interviewed on the biggest NYC sports radio network because you're afraid of hard questions. He could have just stated that he never saw anything, that he is focused on the here and now, that he wishes the victims resolution, whatever. Take the high road and get back to promoting RU football. He must be carrying some guilt about all this.

When I started a post last night about Schiano and PSU, originally I was going to ask this question but didn't want to unfairly toss anyone under the bus just for association. The scumbag was his boss and this was going on then, there has to have been rumblings / knowledge.

I agree with Bees, they all knew or at least had a notion or two

And what if they didn't? Did all of the players know? Did his wife know? Did JayPa know? If they did then anyone who is/was affiliated with that program and knew what was going on, and that includes his own family, but swept it under the rug, should all be publicly be lynched for it!

That I can agree to!

Hard to promote yourself as NYs team when you refuse to be interviewed on the biggest NYC sports radio network because you're afraid of hard questions. He could have just stated that he never saw anything, that he is focused on the here and now, that he wishes the victims resolution, whatever. Take the high road and get back to promoting RU football. He must be carrying some guilt about all this.

Who knows what's going on! I think that some of you are reaching, just as some of us are reaching for answers to all of what's going on. Maybe he can't speak on anything about what is going on at Happy Valley (uggh! It just makes me sick to even say that).

It's hard to take the high road in all of this when there is maybe some other issues at hand. Nobody knows!

However Bees; to crucify someone prematurely, all because of your dislike for that particular person, and seizing the opportunity to do it, is premature and irresponsible. Everyone who reads your posts know of your dislike for our HC, but at this particular point, I think that we would all like to see what's going to happen. The person, I really wish you would publicly crucify on this public board is the GA who saw everything happening and told his father about it, instead of beating the piss out of Sandusky, or going to the authorities with first hand eyewitness accounts of what he saw!

first, the ga has been crucified here endlessly. just because you haven't read every post the past few days don't come here and make proclamations. second, anyone around that program should be under great suspicion if they never did anything. i guess you want to put your head in the sand too and not realize that anyone that spends 5 years there, or even one, had to know of the walls built to protect a child rapist.

I like Golden a lot. He was only at PSU for one year and never was on staff with Sandusky. But I think at the very least he heard whispers. Maybe nothing that he could have used to go to the police with. But he had to have heard rumors while there.

Schiano was there for 5 years and on staff with Sandusky. There is no way in hell this came out of left field for him. Maybe Schiano had no proof, or saw anything first hand. But he had to have heard rumors and thought Sandusky was creepy. You cannot go to the police saying hey there is a creepy guy here without evidence and expect anything to happen. That being said I think Schiano is scum and I would bet he knew more than just whispers.

first, the ga has been crucified here endlessly. just because you haven't read every post the past few days don't come here and make proclamations. second, anyone around that program should be under great suspicion if they never did anything. i guess you want to put your head in the sand too and not realize that anyone that spends 5 years there, or even one, had to know of the walls built to protect a child rapist.

Yes I guess you're right that EVERYONE should be under great suspicion. And no one wants to put their heads in the sand over this. But all i'm trying to say is GS maybe under gag as a preemptive move for his attorney, and that maybe the reason he doesn't want any questions of this scandal being asked! I don't know. You all have your opinions, and we have ours.

Yes I guess you're right that EVERYONE should be under great suspicion. And no one wants to put their heads in the sand over this. But all i'm trying to say is GS maybe under gag as a preemptive move for his attorney, and that maybe the reason he doesn't want any questions of this scandal being asked! I don't know. You all have your opinions, and we have ours.

i never commented on his comments to francesa. i actually agree he should avoid those types of situations right now.

btw, just so we're clear on your use of the word suspicious and EVERYONE, not suspicious of having done any abuse but suspicion if they had any clue to what was going on. I'm betting after 5 years inside the fortress that schiano did.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom