Frank Anselem back in the portal | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Frank Anselem back in the portal

I know some would have liked Frank at the 4 (me included), and others are strongly opposed. But given the situation we are in now, why doesn’t JAB offer Frank the starting 4 job? It seems like our best case scenario. Heck, if it doesn’t work and he isn’t performing, you bench him and start Taylor or Bunch.

I know some would have liked Frank at the 4 (me included), and others are strongly opposed. But given the situation we are in now, why doesn’t JAB offer Frank the starting 4 job? It seems like our best case scenario. Heck, if it doesn’t work and he isn’t performing, you bench him and start Taylor or Bunch.
Not a fan of broken promises.

You're kidding right? Where are you going to hide him on offense? He can’t dribble, shoot or pass.

You're kidding right? Where are you going to hide him on offense? He can’t dribble, shoot or pass.
Have him set screens, pick and roll, run some alley opp plays, and have him crash the boards for easy put backs. The offense is going to almost exclusively come from the center and guards. On D he would be a massive improvement over last years 4.

Have him set screens, pick and roll, run some alley opp plays, and have him crash the boards for easy put backs. The offense is going to almost exclusively come from the center and guards. On D he would be a massive improvement over last years 4.

He's one less person to guard.

Last year was an anomaly, we started 4 guys who probably didn't combine for 10 dunks and blocks.

Last year was an anomaly, we started 4 guys who probably didn't combine for 10 dunks and blocks.
I know you're exaggerating, but those 4 guys combined for 19 blocks.

Swider was the intimidator of the group with 12.

Not sure on dunks. Jimmy and Swider had a handful. I don't know if they broke 10 on the season.

Benny will start at the 4, and taking that away would mean we lose him. Starting Benny at the 3, Frank at the 4, and Jesse at the 5 would be very bad because we would sacrifice shooting and overall offense. Joe and Judah would be the only two who could shoot. When Symir's in, Joe would be the only person who shoots. Also, Frank only scores at the rim so his defender would lay off him and clog up the paint for Jesse, making both of them far less effective on offense. In my opinion, the offense would be a disaster and the defense, while better, wouldn't make up for it.

I think he would be fine. Huge improvement on D and on the glass. One guy not getting covered tight shouldn’t kill the offense especially at the 4. If they don’t cover him he should crash the glass and get some easy put backs. He is capable of doing that.

I think he would be fine. Huge improvement on D and on the glass. One guy not getting covered tight shouldn’t kill the offense especially at the 4. If they don’t cover him he should crash the glass and get some easy put backs. He is capable of doing that.

On next year's team it could. Anyway JB looked at him every day and took a pass on that idea. Hope the next group has a ready made shooter in either Bunch or Taylor.

Just see where Shawn Phillips decommited from NC St for 2022. 4 Star center, 6' 10" or 6' 11" about 240 pounds. No idea what the story is or if Syracuse has any interest or ev er looked at him.

Just see where Shawn Phillips decommited from NC St for 2022. 4 Star center, 6' 10" or 6' 11" about 240 pounds. No idea what the story is or if Syracuse has any interest or ev er looked at him.
We aren’t taking another freshman big.

On next year's team it could. Anyway JB looked at him every day and took a pass on that idea. Hope the next group has a ready made shooter in either Bunch or Taylor.
We play a complex defense that takes a couple of months to gel, especially when frontline players and frosh are involved. Mix in an ornery old HC whose patience is razor thin, and you’re in for a combustible mixture.
I hope JB is right and we can be in a good place by January, playing this roster. He knows his job better than I, so….

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom