Frank Deford weighs-in on the BE and college football. | Syracusefan.com

Frank Deford weighs-in on the BE and college football.

JoeSU

All American
He had a couple of zingers today, including:

- Greece could solve their financial woes if they leave the EU for the SEC.
- The Big East is more like a commune now than a conference. Everybody does his own thing.
- Notre Dame is still under the illusion that it's China, when everybody else knows that, really, now, it's just Taiwan.
- The NCAA is to college football in 2011 what the League of Nations was to Europe in 1935.

http://www.npr.org/2011/11/09/142128332/in-with-the-south-out-with-the-east

"- Notre Dame is still under the illusion that it's China, when everybody else knows that, really, now, it's just Taiwan."

Thats perfect.

Wouldn't the SEC be more like a commune than the big east? The be is more like a select few control the rest.

Not a big Deford fan, after he dissed Syracuse a while back. I don't remember what he said then but ever since I generally zone him out when his segment comes on.

"- Notre Dame is still under the illusion that it's China, when everybody else knows that, really, now, it's just Taiwan."

Thats perfect.

I'd say more like France. Once a great empire under a short man, easily defeated by it's neighbor, needed the U.S. military to bail it out, and now a shell of what it once was many years ago, but still thinks they're great. And their people are intolerable.