Frank Howard Update... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Frank Howard Update...

I like JB protecting Oshae. Too many times he puts guys down in the media and it does no good. They were garbage shots and the staff will go over that with Brissett personally. No need to roast him in a post game presser.

That's a good point. I was shocked at what he said about Oshae's shot selection but if you are bothered by some of his previous press conference comments, you definitely can't say he's ripping into the guys

Stop gaslighting and twisting my words around. I never said I WANTED the team to play badly. Stop trying to manipulate what I DID say to fit your own narrative.
i quoted you directly.

i quoted you directly.

Saying when Frank isn’t the magic bullet I look forward to reminding you of that is akin to me wanting the team to play badly?

Again, stop gaslighting. I’m done engaging you. You’re looking for something that’s not there.

I will debate that we’re a MUCH better team with him. We’re a better team, sure, but he’s not some magic bullet.

It's not just offensively where he makes the team better. He's our best defender, especially the guards. He gets more steals, cuts off more drives, and hopefully defends 3 balls better as well.

I'm hoping he helps with the sense of urgency we'd all like to see, but that wasn't his strong suit last year either.

It's not just offensively where he makes the team better. He's our best defender, especially the guards. He gets more steals, cuts off more drives, and hopefully defends 3 balls better as well.

I'm hoping he helps with the sense of urgency we'd all like to see, but that wasn't his strong suit last year either.

Frank is also the most vocal guy on the team. These other guys are all really introverted. He was the only guy speaking up in the huddle yesterday and he wasn’t even playing.

He was also our best shooter at the end of last season, which would have helped against Oregon’s zone. I know people like to rag on Frank, but one thing you could never say was that he played scared. He’s kind of like Scoop in a lot of ways.

There’s no doubt that frank would help and make us a different team. But aren’t the frustrations we are discussing now the same as we experienced most of last year’s regular season? They aren’t new just because we have an inexperienced PG right now. Who has been actually scoring.

There’s no doubt that frank would help and make us a different team. But aren’t the frustrations we are discussing now the same as we experienced most of last year’s regular season? They aren’t new just because we have an inexperienced PG right now. Who has been actually scoring.
Yeah if Jalen played bad vs. UConn, we lose that game by 30 - he's the only reason that was even close. The person who will lose a large chunk of minutes by Frank returning is the only guy who was scoring. JB made an interesting comment about moving Battle to the 3 when Frank is back.

I'm still a believer of the scoring talent of Hughes, Brissett, Battle, Carey and Howard individually. However, as a group I'm not quite sure what will be different now compared to last year. Carey had several nice set ups on both days and no one could finish them. If Frank is passing those all of sudden they go in?

I do think Frank's leadership on the court will help but I don't think the offense will be fixed. Defensively we will be way better.

we could very well see, as JB alluded to last night, backcourt of Carey/Frank w Tyus on the wing - at least for stretches

we could very well see, as JB alluded to last night, backcourt of Carey/Frank w Tyus on the wing - at least for stretches
It's a shame because if we had a legit big man at the 5 who could clean the glass, we could totally play Tyus at the 3 for long stretches. But the rebounding is so bad, and I assume it'd be worse with Tyus at the 3 instead of Hughes?

It's a shame because if we had a legit big man at the 5 who could clean the glass, we could totally play Tyus at the 3 for long stretches. But the rebounding is so bad, and I assume it'd be worse with Tyus at the 3 instead of Hughes?

Chukwu has to play better than this. He did at the end of last year.

Chukwu has to play better than this. He did at the end of last year.
Agreed. I actually thought PC played well in the 1st 5 minutes or so yesterday, he was aggressive and really going after the ball - it seemed like a fire had been lit under him. But then the foul trouble really put an end to that.

yeah instead of Hughes/Marek

I don't think we'd see a rebounding dropoff with Battle at SF. He's negligelably shorter than Hughes but stronger, imo. I'd like to see the mismatch of larger, slower forwards defending him.

Carey is showing some serious scoring ability. We have to find a way to get him on the court as the off-ball guard for significant minutes.

When we tried Battle up front he didn't rebound a lick. He doesn't seem to have the mentality to mix it up inside.

When we tried Battle up front he didn't rebound a lick. He doesn't seem to have the mentality to mix it up inside.
well it aint like eli's killing it. he got 2 more than a dead guy in each of the msg games

We’re better. Not sure how much better. Not a dig on Frank at all. More the system. Defensively we are missing him more. That I can have faith in...the D. The offense I have zero faith in. Zero. It’s been a dumpster fire for awhile now.
Wait you don’t like our offense? Since when?

Who gets more rebounds playing one of the Forward spots in the zone - Battle or Howard?

It would be rather amusing to have our PG play the back line in the zone with Carey and Battle up top.

(not really floating this idea fwiw)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom