Frank Howard YoY Progress | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Frank Howard YoY Progress

I hate to burst bubbles, but I'm pumping the brakes on Frank. He looked good against bad teams last season, while I do think he's gotten a lot better, we will see against KU and Devontae' Graham.
Iona and Toledo are not bad teams. We’ve played, and beat handedly, three likely tournament teams. Maryland will be telling but I love what i see.

To be honest, he looks like I expected him to look a year ago. It's amazing how much a long leash and a leadership role can help a player's confidence. We'll see how he does against ACC guards though.

I never understood the criticism from some that he wasn't high D1 caliber. He belongs and could be a big piece for this team as one of the few veterans.

I hate to burst bubbles, but I'm pumping the brakes on Frank. He looked good against bad teams last season, while I do think he's gotten a lot better, we will see against KU and Devontae' Graham.

He looks a lot more confident to me than last year.

Iona and Toledo are not bad teams. We’ve played, and beat handedly, three likely tournament teams. Maryland will be telling but I love what i see.

Every year the same people say the same things, these are not tournament teams. If all three get in its a miracle, if two get it if be surprised, if one of them gets in its probably, if none get in I wouldn't be surprised.

These are the types if teams we used to and should throttle and frankly automatic wins.

Every year the same people say the same things, these are not tournament teams. If all three get in its a miracle, if two get it if be surprised, if one of them gets in its probably, if none get in I wouldn't be surprised.

These are the types if teams we used to and should throttle and frankly automatic wins.

Not sure about Toledo, but the bracketology matrix has Iona and Texas Southern both projected as tournament teams.

Not sure about Toledo, but the bracketology matrix has Iona and Texas Southern both projected as tournament teams.

All three in one bid leagues and 14 seeds at best.

We're better than all of those teams and we may not make the tournament, so the term "we beat a tournament team" just doesn't mean anything and isn't really a great accomplishment.

All three in one bid leagues and 14 seeds at best.

We're better than all of those teams and we may not make the tournament, so the term "we beat a tournament team" just doesn't mean anything and isn't really a great accomplishment.

It sure as heck beats losing to them...We are a lot better than last year. Its so obvious...

I don't have any stats in front of me, but if my memory serves me, I believe Frank showed some signs of beginning to pull it together in the last couple of games last year, just like Rakeem started showing flashes at the end of his junior year.

It sure as heck beats losing to them...We are a lot better than last year. Its so obvious...

Until we see who's able to score against good teams I don't think it's fair to say that yet.

Iona, Oakland and Texas Southern are considered front-runners to win their conference. All they need to do is win their tourney and they're in. As preseason favorites, chances are better than not that each wins their tourney. Probability dictates they are tournament teams.

That said, I don't disagree with your last statement.

It's easy to say we are way better defensively, that's my only concrete conclusion so far. The body language and just overall team confidence seem to be much improved and we look like a team who wants to play for one another. Little things can change that throughout the season but I am hopeful.

Rak.

Wouldn’t Lagerald Vick cover Battle, btw?

Love the homers and/or prophets who predicted this kind of success of Frank’s so early on especially after how the season ended. He’s playing well for sure. Still worry about his overall speed and ballhandling. Next three games will reveal a lot but I’m encouraged.

Imho...this is clearly a case where you throw out the stats. The eye test tells me that Frank is operating on a completely different level.
agree. in addition to his defense, what the raw numbers leave out is that, unlike last year, he is being asked to produce in high-leverage situations. taking & making big shots late in a relatively close game >>> making them early as the 4th option in blow outs

Rakeem Christmas junior to senior year

We can only hope, we have all seen this before Frank play well against inferior opponents, lets see him carry this over to the good teams.

I agree with people saying the eye test is where you really see that Frank is better (especially defensively) but lets not act like Frank's stats this year are the same as they were last year.

In the first four games last year (all against mid-majors ... 3 of the 4 against bad mid majors) Frank averaged 9ppg.

In the first five games this year (all against mid-majors ... 4 of the 5 against good mid majors) Frank averaged 16ppg.

We thought Frank performed great last year because, coming off a Freshman year where he hardly scored at all, 9ppg felt like a lot. He is playing on a completely different level now than he was even during his good stretch against bad mid majors last year. I don't know that he will continue to average 16ppg as the competition gets tougher (I still think Thorpe will come good and if that happens he will likely take some of the shots Howard is getting now) but I know for sure without needing to see him against a P5 team that Howard is better this year than he was last year.

I dont know about anyone else, but I recall the downright animosity and hatred toward Frank on here last year(I was one of the few to stand by him). Some of it was about some guy named after some other color that was not even Orange. Other rumors as well, of Juli and the encyclopedia set in the observatory. I'm hoping those bitter people are able to shove their prejudices aside, and enjoy watching this young man blossom. I know I'm having fun watching him, and hoping the rest of you will hop on the F-Train(tm)...it's picking up steam!!! LGO, alllll aboard!!

F-Train. Dammit, I still cant use edit. Can any mods help a gent?

huh, it wont let me write the letter F for some reason. What gives?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom