Frank Howard | Syracusefan.com

Frank Howard

Capt. Tuttle

Living Legend
Of all the players for me to meet, I got to meet Frank on a flight down to DC.
Only one Bball question. Hughes is good.
Had some recruiting advice for my son (that's why he and I are traveling) which was nice.
Soft spoken and unassuming, at least in my encounter.

Of all the players for me to meet, I got to meet Frank on a flight down to DC.
Only one Bball question. Hughes is good.
Had some recruiting advice for my son (that's why he and I are traveling) which was nice.
Soft spoken and unassuming, at least in my encounter.

You were pretty vocal about him. But you had the stones to admit he became better than you thought he would, which is more than most of us do around here.

I personally think Frank will have a huge year and maybe even end up in some mock drafts by years end. He has a chance to have a hell of a story

I personally think Frank will have a huge year and maybe even end up in some mock drafts by years end. He has a chance to have a hell of a story

He’s already on nbadraft as a second round pick now.

If he can be efficient, I think he could be drafted.

Totally forgot the best part. As we flew over Georgetown, I tapped him on the shoulder, pointed out the window, and said "makes you want to spit on it, doesn't it". He smiled and nodded in the affirmative, knowingly.
During the course of the season I began to see the humble Frank which I never expected. I thought his previous actions were ornery but anytime he was interviewed post game, he always complemented his teammates and never himself. Boom .i became a fan.

Howard will continue to improve as the players around him improve.

Hope frank develops into a poor man’s Livingston

Hope frank develops into a poor man’s Livingston
I’ll take a Mike G type senior

He doesn’t have the speed or athleticism of a Livingston or even a senior Mike G but if he can have an incremental improvement like Mike G did then that would be awesome. Personally, I want to see him distribute and shoot 3’s. Less dribbling and pounding of the rock. Let Carey drive and attack more with his speed and set Frank up for threes.

He doesn’t have the speed or athleticism of a Livingston or even a senior Mike G but if he can have an incremental improvement like Mike G did then that would be awesome. Personally, I want to see him distribute and shoot 3’s. Less dribbling and pounding of the rock. Let Carey drive and attack more with his speed and set Frank up for threes.
I think frank is going to impress with his change in speed/agility this year. Him and Tyus had to pick up slack SO much on both ends that it made each look levels slower and less explosive than they really are. Hughes, Jalen and a health howard will do wonders for our talents this year.

I think frank is going to impress with his change in speed/agility this year. Him and Tyus had to pick up slack SO much on both ends that it made each look levels slower and less explosive than they really are. Hughes, Jalen and a health howard will do wonders for our talents this year.

I hope so. He’d have to work on it somehow re: speed/agility/change of direction. He just plays the same sort of slithery slow pace. Never a real burst turning the corner, splitting a double-team, etc. Hopefully you’re right. I’m concerned a bit that Hughes will be a little heavy/slow but that’s just probably me worrying too much. Carey’s the guy I’m most intrigued with and excited about.

I hope so. He’d have to work on it somehow re: speed/agility/change of direction. He just plays the same sort of slithery slow pace. Never a real burst turning the corner, splitting a double-team, etc. Hopefully you’re right. I’m concerned a bit that Hughes will be a little heavy/slow but that’s just probably me worrying too much. Carey’s the guy I’m most intrigued with and excited about.
Hughes did look a bit stocky on the sideline last year. But if he was keeping up ultra competitiveness with Battle in practice (as heard from multiple sources), then he’s just as agile as anyone

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom