Frank Martin unleashes full force vulgarities at former SU player of interest | Syracusefan.com

Frank Martin unleashes full force vulgarities at former SU player of interest

A sportswriter once told me, "All head coaches are whack jobs."
Interesting...in my experience the same is true of sportswriters.
And sportscasters.
And "fan" is short for "fanatic."

We're all nuts.

BUT...as Frank Martin demonstrates...some are really out there.

more psycho frank. booth or martin ?

tumblr_lk84duCGxE1qjquozo1_500.jpg
Frank-Martin.jpg

Makes Quin Snyder look like Mother Theresa.

didn't quin played the villain in the original dirty harry ?

Last edited:
I can understand a "what the are you thinking" or "why the he!! did you do that," but to call a player a vulgar name is definitely going too far. If I was that kid's dad, Frank Martin would be having a meeting with me he wouldn't enjoy very much.

Jeff Goodman‏@GoodmanESPN8 mins
South Carolina coach Frank Martin suspended from Saturday’s game at Mississippi State by school due to inappropriate verbal communication.

Surprised he landed in South Carolina because he was known to be volatile. He is just as bad as Rice was at Rutgirls!!

Jeff Goodman‏@GoodmanESPN8 mins
South Carolina coach Frank Martin suspended from Saturday’s game at Mississippi State by school due to inappropriate verbal communication.
I never understood how he got the SC job. When you have to suspend your coach for his treatment of players just cut ties with him. Its not like its the first time Mad Frank has had issues.

I can understand a "what the are you thinking" or "why the he!! did you do that," but to call a player a vulgar name is definitely going too far. If I was that kid's dad, Frank Martin would be having a meeting with me he wouldn't enjoy very much.

What would happen if one of the players decked him? How would that be perceived by the media? Violence is not the answer but that verbal abuse shows a level of harassment that deserves more than a game suspension. These kids can be held hostage by the coach and the university. Their lives revolve around how they do on the basketball court because as we all know that is what they are truly studying to after school. If they transfer then they can be labeled weak/not a team player by the coach which limits where they can transfer to. The school can limit the colleges they can transfer to plus they must sit out a year only to be one year older. Their goal of getting to the NBA is at risk. So they take the punishment and hope their

If any person here worked in a job like that, would you stay there? Maybe if there were no other choices but at least there are avenues to fix that problem. As an educator, I want to deck Martin because he broke the Golden Rule. This is not the military but an educational system. Lives are not at stake whether the ball is passed to the right person or they didn't box out on a rebound. It kills me when people come out to support this behavior and state that our society is turning into wimps. (Pussification of America)

If he is reacting this way in front of people on national television then what is he like with the door closed in practice? Sorry but Martin has to go.

Last edited:
What would happen if one of the players decked him? How would that be perceived by the media? Violence is not the answer but that verbal abuse shows a level of harassment that deserves more than a game suspension. These kids can be held hostage by the coach and the university. Their lives revolve around how they do on the basketball court because as we all know that is what they are truly studying to after school. If they transfer then they can be labeled weak/not a team player by the coach which limits where they can transfer to. The school can limit the colleges they can transfer to plus they must sit out a year only to be one year older. Their goal of getting to the NBA is at risk. So they take the punishment and hope their

If any person here worked in a job like that, would you stay there? Maybe if there were no other choices but at least there are avenues to fix that problem. As an educator, I want to deck Martin because he broke the Golden Rule. This is not the military but an educational system. Live are not at stake whether the ball is passed to the right person or they didn't box out on a rebound. It kills me when people come out to support this behavior and state that our society is turning into wimps.

If he is reacting this way in front of people on national television then what is he like with the door closed in practice? Sorry but Martin has to go.
If I was that kid's dad, I think violence might be my answer. That dude needs a reality and ego check.

Pretty sure players know what they're getting into when they sign on to play for a Frank Martin coached team.

Not a big deal IMO.

Pretty sure players know what they're getting into when they sign on to play for a Frank Martin coached team.

Not a big deal IMO.

I agree with the first part. I think at this point you have to realize you might get yelled at if you sign up to play for Frank. But this is the second high profile outburst he's had this season. I think it will turn into a really big deal if he doesn't watch it.

Did he get fired from KSU? If not, is USCe a better job? Why on earth would he have voluntarily gone to USCe?

I work at USC and EVERY morning I have to walk through the front doors of my office building and see this...

photo.JPG

Every time I glance at this, I feel like going over and punching a hole through his ugly mug. I wonder if I could sneak this out when no one is looking.