Franklin after Penn St beat Pitt | Syracusefan.com

Franklin after Penn St beat Pitt

Ped state hate people that know bad stuff went on but ignored it. Just as bad as guy doing it. Disgusting.

Don't understand how they are good. How can anyone want to play for that school?
People like associating themselves with institutionally enabled abuse of children.

A lot.

Apparently Penn St was upset at how Pitt celebrated their victory over Penn St last year. And this was his cheapshot in return.

Seems like really whiny stuff from a program that wants to claim they are big time.

They are a very good team plain and simple. These players have nothing to do with what went on in the dark days.

They are a very good team plain and simple. These players have nothing to do with what went on in the dark days.

Nor do Baylor's current guys, but they're virtually on their death bed where Penn State should be.

After beating Pitt, said it was like beating Akron. Nice. He gets to insult two programs with one sentence. I bet last year Pitt thought beating Penn st was like beating Nambla

It was intentional.

He doesn't want to legitimize Pitt.

The Penn State looks down at Pitt like we do Rutgers(even though we have no right too now).

The coach is playing to fanbase.

I thought so too but after I read the quote, I get what he was trying to say, except there were a million better ways to say it.

Edit: I'm probably giving him too much credit.

It was intentional.

The Penn State looks down at Pitt like we do Rutgers(even though we have no right too now).

Agree. A negative recruiting tactic. They compete with a lot of the same recruits, so he has to make it known, that Pitt is their doormat, and not worthy of being mentioned in the same sentence.

He also said that Pitt's win again the cult last year was their Super Bowl. Pitt went into Clemson and handed the eventual national champion their only loss. Must be nice to win two Super Bowls in a season.

Nor do Baylor's current guys, but they're virtually on their death bed where Penn State should be.

Baylor is a private school which has been basically mediocre for 50 years. Penn State has been a legit national power. Schools that have tradition and (more importantly) infrastructure for football success are going to bounce back a lot quicker than ones that don't.

And the idea that the NCAA is biased to reduced penalties for certain schools is nothing new - there's the old Jerry Tarkanian quote that "The NCAA was so mad at Kentucky they gave Cleveland State two more years of probation". Personally I've just accepted that the NCAA is essentially a mob organization that is total corrupt and stopped getting upset about it. Hopefully at some point it gets replaced in college athletics by something less revolting...but I'm not holding my breath.

I don't understand PSU talking smack to anybody about anything.

"Oh, it was like beating Akron? Losing to you was like losing to an institution that was in favor of systematically destroying the innocence of children."

It was intentional.

True, but that's really beneath the dignity of a coach. Let the fans and the blogs say that. Stay classy and respect your opponents in public.

pitt-fans-091016-tw-ftr_3m3hojhu0gos1gyobsj1vw18x.jpg

The Ncaa should have hammered them a lot more, instead of worrying about who wrote a paper at Syracuse. Then they wouldn't have Barkely or Mcsorley.