Free article Spruill and Broyld ..

CuseLegacy

• Featured Interview:
  • Spruill Is Ready to Lead
0 0 0
by Syracuse Insider on August 27, 2013
  • Marquis.Spruill.UConn.Kevin.Rivoli.Resized.jpg

(AP Photo/Kevin Rivoli)
SYRACUSE – Marquis Spruill was a talented linebacker with a problem, and it had nothing to do with his production as a three-year starter for the Syracuse football team.
Simply put, Spruill shied away from any leadership responsibility when as a sophomore he was named SU’s starting middle linebacker, a position that demands a take-charge attitude.
“Leadership is a funny thing,” coach Scott Shafer said. “You can’t anoint leadership. A person not only has to have those abilities but has to want to lead. We knew he had those abilities, but he didn’t necessarily want it.”

[snipped by admins to comply with copyright laws; see link below for full article]

Broyld Looks To Play Major Role

Ashton Broyld arrived on the Syracuse campus in January 2012 as a star high school quarterback from neighboring Rochester, but it was clear from the beginning the gifted athlete (6-4, 221) lacked the mechanics to play the position at the Division I level. Yet, his athleticism demanded that he be utilized immediately somewhere.
The question was, where? Was Broyld best suited to play wide receiver, tight end or running back, or should he move over to the other side of the ball and play linebacker, safety or maybe even a rush end? The staff quickly decided Broyld’s playmaking potential belonged on offense and installed a package of plays – chief among them swing passes and screens – designed to get him the ball in space.

[snipped by admins to comply with copyright laws; see link below for full article]

- See more at: http://www.accsports.com/articles/spruill-is-ready-to-lead#sthash.DDMMONsu.dpuf

Nothing wrong with being a nag...I have been called one before.;)

I will take your advice under consideration.

Also does that seem to be the work of a friend to you?

I hate to be the board nag all of a sudden, but cutting and pasting whole articles is bad practice.

A couple of quotes with a link is fine.

BTW, those are two great articles. Actually explained a lot, clearly told the story, and let the parties speak for themselves.

Good stuff.

The difference between these articles and the crap Cohen writes is astounding. Normal I would never want someone to lose their job but in his case I'll make an exception.

Those articles have to be the work of Dave R.

I did a little editing of your post Legacy to compile with copyright laws. Hope you don't mind. Good find.

Agree with Go, great articles. Someone should lock that writer up with a big contract right away.

I did a little editing of your post Legacy to compile with copyright laws. Hope you don't mind. Good find.

Agree with Go, great articles. Someone should lock that writer up with a big contract right away.

Actually I didn't realize that I was not in compliance with any rule by cutting and pasting since the link was on the bottom.

Heck Tom, where is that posting for Dummies link;)

Great read. Trying to keep my expectations for Broyld reasonable - that did not help. Rooting for this kid.

I'm hoping Broyld learns to catch the ball. Put him in the open field and he won't be taken down.

Actually I didn't realize that I was not in compliance with any rule by cutting and pasting since the link was on the bottom.

Heck Tom, where is that posting for Dummies link;)

Thedude.com

Those articles were by Dave. Not sure why his byline was taken off.

Those articles were by Dave. Not sure why his byline was taken off.

On the ACCSports.com site the byline for most of these writers is simply as Insider.. by Syracuse Insider on August 27, 2013...giving them anonymity.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom