Free Jessie edwards | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Free Jessie edwards

It sucks the alternative to Marek is someone just as skinny who is better off tipping rebounds to a teammate than bringing them down himself.
Huh? The only time I saw Jesse do that yesterday were when if he continued trying to rebound the ball he would have been called, rightfully, for over the back.

I liked what I saw with him last night. He needs time there. Seems he's the clear backup now (maybe JBA transfers).
JBA the basketball player is a very raw project. JBA the person always seems like the most happy-go-lucky, enthusiastic, and positive personality on the team whenever caught on camera. No idea whatsoever if he is thinking of transferring, but it looks like he is enjoying the experience of being here.

JBA the basketball player is a very raw project. JBA the person always seems like the most happy-go-lucky, enthusiastic, and positive personality on the team whenever caught on camera. No idea whatsoever if he is thinking of transferring, but it looks like he is enjoying the experience of being here.

In all likelihood, all 3 of them are back for at least one more year, seeing as how Sidibe can't stay healthy and is a senior. So two of them are going to play for sure next year out of the three. I don't think any of them thinks they are "out of the running" just yet.

Glad to see any production out of the 5 spot. But are we sure this isn't a blip performance ?

BTW, Why is Frank not playing ?

But hasn't he been out there pregame warming up ? I know Woody has.
Playing in a game is just a little more strenuous to the cardiorespiratory system than warming up. He is likely having lingering effects..

Playing in a game is just a little more strenuous to the cardiorespiratory system than warming up. He is likely having lingering effects..

I'm confused then because then why even warm up.

One of two of JBA and Jesse (wouldnt even blame both) will transfer after this year. Frank will ride this out another year or two in hopes of getting the starting gig
i wouldnt be surprised is jba would transfer but if edwards even as a contribiting backup i dont see why he would want to transfer out. Now i think frank anselem is a future star but i doubt anything was promised to edwards or JBL in the first place when they commited.
Do you know something i dont or just a feeling?

Edwards being able to play though his mistakes is huge.
^This^ was huge. Too many times we have seen too many players playing like they are trying not to make mistakes instead of playing instinctively. Edwards got extended time AND was able to be effective. Both things needed to happen, the former for Edwards' confidence and the latter to earn JB's trust. Or, at least start to earn it. Edwards will need to do that again, and again, and again.

I was bullish on Edwards after watching him last season. I thought he had all the raw materials and could contribute some backup minutes at center this season, so I was surprised when he wasn’t getting much playing time in December and early January. I’m thrilled to see JB finally giving him some extended minutes and praising Coach Griffin for working hard to coach up Jesse and improve his conditioning. I think Jesse and Frank will take some time to develop but both have high upsides, and should hopefully be a good one-two punch as upperclassmen.

^This^ was huge. Too many times we have seen too many players playing like they are trying not to make mistakes instead of playing instinctively. Edwards got extended time AND was able to be effective. Both things needed to happen, the former for Edwards' confidence and the latter to earn JB's trust. Or, at least start to earn it. Edwards will need to do that again, and again, and again.
Agreed.. I'd say Jessie you are getting 25 minutes tonite no matter what... Do with it what you will

Huh? The only time I saw Jesse do that yesterday were when if he continued trying to rebound the ball he would have been called, rightfully, for over the back

It sucks the alternative to Marek is someone just as skinny who is better off tipping rebounds to a teammate than bringing them down himself.
its marek that tips when he knows he cannot grab the ball. he is also very good at it. to bad they do not have a assist for rebonds

i wouldnt be surprised is jba would transfer but if edwards even as a contribiting backup i dont see why he would want to transfer out. Now i think frank anselem is a future star but i doubt anything was promised to edwards or JBL in the first place when they commited.
Do you know something i dont or just a feeling?
My connect (best friends with one of the staff members) alluded before the season, that one of the centers who doesn't win out a role, will transfer. They were 100% sure of it.

I could see Sid exercising that 5th year or we nab a grad transfer for the staring gig and have Frank back it up for one more year with JBA 100% transferring and likelihood of Edwards leaving too is still there.

JW is going to pressure JB a bit this off season about the roster. To get an ACC caliber squad out there especially if everyone returns (Q, Griff) and we all know the guard position isnt gonna change (insert eye roll) but one position that can change is the center position

I still think going forward, Edwards and Frank play offense defense. Edwards is improving on rebounding and defense but is still almost fouling out in 15 min or so. JBA showed he was a good glue guy in non con as the first big off the bench, but didn't really do anything spectacular or game changing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom