Freeney' fight with death | Syracusefan.com

Freeney' fight with death

Okema

Walk On
Video linked in the daily articles. Talks about rupturing his spleen against VT. Interesting from a diagnosis/treatment standpoint based on recent topics. Sounds like someone dropped the ball there. Glad he recovered and had a tremendous carrier. Always seemed like an all around good guy.

Video linked in the daily articles. Talks about rupturing his spleen against VT. Interesting from a diagnosis/treatment standpoint based on recent topics. Sounds like someone dropped the ball there. Glad he recovered and had a tremendous carrier. Always seemed like an all around good guy.

Freeney speed-rushed Death after a swim move, then strip sacked it in the backfield, & picked it up for a scoop and score. :cool:

Freeney speed-rushed Death after a swim move, then strip sacked it in the backfield, & picked it up for a scoop and score. :cool:
Death asked his coach to put a TE on Freeney's side to help the LT and then chip with a FB while he rolled to the opposite side. Then your stuff happened.

Me too. The loudest I've ever heard the dome. Full disclosure, I did not attend Miami in 92 or WVU in 87.
Can't wait to get back to that.
I concur with this. Never have I been to any event...sports ,music,anything...that was as loud as that day after all of Fright's sacks of Vick. Unreal!

I cannot speak about 1987 due to military service...the loudest game ever from start to finish in my opinion was the 1992 Miami game. I believe the loudest measured moment ever (in the dome) was Dan Conleys (2nd?) interception of Gino Toretta. The 1998 Tennessee game was loud also. I attended the first game in the dome and there were two very loud moments in that game; 1. Joe Morris KOR TD and 2. Goal Line Stand. The refs threatened to penalize Syracuse for the noise. A few more loud moments to think about:
1. Kirby Dar Dar: I think the roof lifted
2. McNabb - 1998 Va Tech
3. 2002 Va Tech End of Game
4. 1992 Texas

There are more...feel free to add to the list

I cannot speak about 1987 due to military service...the loudest game ever from start to finish in my opinion was the 1992 Miami game. I believe the loudest measured moment ever (in the dome) was Dan Conleys (2nd?) interception of Gino Toretta. The 1998 Tennessee game was loud also. I attended the first game in the dome and there were two very loud moments in that game; 1. Joe Morris KOR TD and 2. Goal Line Stand. The refs threatened to penalize Syracuse for the noise. A few more loud moments to think about:
2. McNabb - 1998 Va Tech
4. 1992 Texas

1992 Texas literally broke the Dome. If today, Graves gets DQ'd due to concrete and railing falling on him

2. McNabb - 1998 Va Tech
4. 1992 Texas

The 92 game vs Miami was the loudest I recall. Came up 3 yards shy of knocking off #1. The building vibrated that day.

The 92 game vs Miami was the loudest I recall. Came up 3 yards shy of knocking off #1. The building vibrated that day.
If they had the brains to run right at them before the 2nd half, that would definitely have been a W. Yeah that was even louder than Penn State in 87. 2nd half of Pitt 2003 hoops was also a tad loud.

If they had the brains to run right at them before the 2nd half, that would definitely have been a W.
I was told exactly this by Shelton Prescott

What a freaking game he had.

It was going to be one of our greatest victories - a year after the 0-62 game. Then Freeney got hurt and Bad Nunes gave the game away.

But we got 'em the next year.

It was going to be one of our greatest victories - a year after the 0-62 game. Then Freeney got hurt and Bad Nunes gave the game away.

But we got 'em the next year.

Got them the next two years, even!

2nd half of Pitt 2003 hoops was also a tad loud.

McNeil's basket to take the lead at the end is the loudest I've ever heard the Dome for a basketball game. (I wasn't there for the Pearl or Gillon shots)

Also, the go-ahead TD in 1994 Oklahoma from Mason to Harrison was insane.

McNeil's basket to take the lead at the end is the loudest I've ever heard the Dome for a basketball game. (I wasn't there for the Pearl or Gillon shots)

Also, the go-ahead TD in 1994 Oklahoma from Mason to Harrison was insane.
Players said the floor was vibrating during the second half.