Freshman Class Ranking | Syracusefan.com

Freshman Class Ranking

44doubledees

Scout Team
Looking back at the recruit rankings, I know Oshae and Marek were omitted as they were playing outside the US, but I think it could easily be argued that Oshae was a top 25 recruit and Marek would be top 100. Add in that I think Sidibe will eventually outplay his ranking (just outside the 100 if I recall) and this turned into a really decent recruiting class considering we were kind of in limbo for most of it with Hop taking over/ not taking over/ leaving.

Add in Washington who I think will be an asset in year 3 and for a class that we really weren't sure what we are getting turned out to be pretty good.

I don't think Oshae was omitted from the top recruiting sites. Marek was because he was relatively unknown until very late in the game. I'm not motivated enough to look it up right now, but wasn't Oshae top 50? Top 25 would be a stretch.

I'm pretty sure OB was top 50. Canadian players are evaluate and ranked (see RJ Barrett)

I'm pretty sure OB was top 50. Canadian players are evaluate and ranked (see RJ Barrett)
Not on all sites, RJ plays in the US, Oshae played his final year in Toronto, he had a star ranking but that was it. At least that is how it looked on ESPN site.

I don't think Oshae was omitted from the top recruiting sites. Marek was because he was relatively unknown until very late in the game. I'm not motivated enough to look it up right now, but wasn't Oshae top 50? Top 25 would be a stretch.
He was omitted by some. A lot of us were beating that drum before the season: That our recruiting class was better than advertised because OB would be top 30 if he played in the US.

Not on all sites, RJ plays in the US, Oshae played his final year in Toronto, he had a star ranking but that was it. At least that is how it looked on ESPN site.
Yeah, he wasn’t ranked on ESPN or Rivals. The site that shall not be named had him right around 50.

He was omitted by some. A lot of us were beating that drum before the season: That our recruiting class was better than advertised because OB would be top 30 if he played in the US.
Yep nice to see it play out as well or better than expected.