This just feels different. | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

This just feels different.

They do until they don’t. See: Jim Boeheim, pre-1996.

I’m pretty stunned that some folks are so dismissive of things like *game prep*. Between Shafer and Dino we lost a lot of games before we even took the field. Game prep is very difficult and Brown has literally never done it as a HC.

I’m not pessimistic. I’m hopeful. But there’s a lot of hand waving away very legitimate questions that Brown has to answer this season.
I don’t disagree with that. I’m a wait and see guy.

But, I will say, if you’re going to go into a season with an unproven staff. I’d rather do it with better players than previous years.

Agreed but I also think KingJoseph Edwards will likely see some action particularly on 3rd and longs but that may only be 4 games to preserve his shirt? And I'd also include Tremble as I think he'll be ready to contribute and he'll likely be the starter next year taking over for OG so we have to get him some experience. But with all of the receiving options I guess he could just be 4 games as well.
Who is Tremble playing over at TE? He’s 208 lbs

Maybe 4th q vs HC if it is a blowout.

They do until they don’t. See: Jim Boeheim, pre-1996.

I’m pretty stunned that some folks are so dismissive of things like *game prep*. Between Shafer and Dino we lost a lot of games before we even took the field. Game prep is very difficult and Brown has literally never done it as a HC.

I’m not pessimistic. I’m hopeful. But there’s a lot of hand waving away very legitimate questions that Brown has to answer this season.
I'm in the same boat as Scooch. It's house money when it's first year coach at Syracuse football. The expectations when you are 0-0 are fun. He has done no wrong yet.

We will definitely struggle this year. I'm confident of that. I want to see how we respond to the struggle and if we adjust. To me it's only one way up on how bad we managed games past 10 years or so at Syracuse.

I do think Fran is a known unknown and we went with the most high beta guy ever at SU football. Can't wait to see it play out.

I don’t disagree with that. I’m a wait and see guy.

But, I will say, if you’re going to go into a season with an unproven staff. I’d rather do it with better players than previous years.
Totally agree. I applaud Wildhack for the choice. And it sure seems like Brown dramatically improved the talent in the program in just a scant few months.

Now we’ll see how the in season portion of this experiment goes. I’m excited.

You know what's going to feel different? My back after I sit for 3 and half hours on a chair instead of an aluminum bench.
infomercial movement GIF

You know what's going to feel different? My back after I sit for 3 and half hours on a chair instead of an aluminum bench.
infomercial movement GIF
I get people looking g forward to the individual seats. But I have to be honest, for my seats, I wish they kept the bench. I wanted them to do just the lower levels, and leave the uppers alone.

I disagree. I think OG will be moved around the offense, so Tremble could come in at the slot TE. Also Tremble can come in at wideout just as OG did his freshman season. OG basically said in an interview he could be better than himself. We have a lot of options so I'm not saying he will play a lot but I predict he will almost certainly get in for 4 games and I think there is a decent shot he gets is for more, especially if any injuries occur to any of our WR's, OG or Villari. And unfortunately injuries tend to happen. Also getting him on the field is helpful to accelerate his development which is a strong benefit for SU next year.

Last edited:
I disagree. I think OG will be moved around so Tremble could come in at the slot. Also Tremble can come in at WR just as OG did his freshman season. OG basically said in an interview he could be better than himself. We have a lot of options so I'm not saying he will play a lot but I predict he will almost certainly get in for 4 games and I think there is a decent shot he gets is for more, especially if any injuries occur to any of our WR's, OG or Villari. And unfortunately injuries tend to happen. Also getting him on the field is helpful to accelerate his development which is a strong benefit for SU next year.
All of the studs need to play or they will leave

So was OG out of school. Havent u ever heard he could be with a good year of lifting the next 335 dt we need.

You play the guys that help you win, not play guys to stroke their egos.

If he beats guys out fine, you play a guy ahead of better players you are now introducing politics and poison. It’s the opposite of DART.

I don’t see how a 208 true freshman is taking snaps from Gadsden or Villari at TE. He certainly isn’t in the role Mang and Clement have.

I disagree. I think OG will be moved around the offense, so Tremble could come in at the slot TE. Also Tremble can come in at wideout just as OG did his freshman season. OG basically said in an interview he could be better than himself. We have a lot of options so I'm not saying he will play a lot but I predict he will almost certainly get in for 4 games and I think there is a decent shot he gets is for more, especially if any injuries occur to any of our WR's, OG or Villari. And unfortunately injuries tend to happen. Also getting him on the field is helpful to accelerate his development which is a strong benefit for SU next year.
Gadsden had two catches freshman year. In 8 games.

I'd like to see the top freshman get at least a few snaps to get their feet wet. Unless they're really going to play, preserve their redshirts.

I have a feeling that our current coaches aren't coming from a place of fear like your post implied. They'll want to reward hard work and good habits in the young players with playing time, but only if it's earned.

If the guys don't want to work for it, they'll recruit somebody who does. They know they can.

Gadsden had two catches freshman year. In 8 games.
I know that. That fact doesn’t alter my thoughts at all. And then the following season he had 969 and 6 TD’s. OG didn’t see the field all that much as a frosh. I think Tremble is likely ahead of OG as a freshman.

And a guy like Taj Harris had 500 some yds in his true freshman season. A talented freshman can produce a bit at WR. But just as big of a benefit is getting a talented player some on field experience and giving them experiences to pull from so they can develop their game and get them ready for the next season when they’ll be needed a whole bunch more. I’m not saying he’ll play a ton or be an absolute beast this season, but I’ll think he’ll see some action.

I know that. That fact doesn’t alter my thoughts at all. And then the following season he had 969 and 6 TD’s. OG didn’t see the field all that much as a frosh. I think Tremble is likely ahead of OG as a freshman.

And a guy like Taj Harris had 500 some yds in his true freshman season. A talented freshman can produce a bit at WR. But just as big of a benefit is getting a talented player some on field experience and giving them experiences to pull from so they can develop their game and get them ready for the next season when they’ll be needed a whole bunch more. I’m not saying he’ll play a ton or be an absolute beast this season, but I’ll think he’ll see some action.
Harris got that because he was clearly the #4 receiver on the roster. If Tremble is that good, great. But for Harris that was clearly a function of who else was on the DC.

This roster at WR and TE is not the 2018 roster.

If he earns snaps play him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DolphinDad

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom