Friday Articles | Syracusefan.com

Friday Articles

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
Recruiting

image.jpg

Defensive tackle from Brooklyn brings attitude to Syracuse University

Former Lincoln star Williams picks Syracuse, continuing Orange's stranglehold on the city

Defensive tackle Williams 2nd to commit to Syracuse in class of 2013

Wayne Williams Videos

IMG_4498--300x300.JPG

*Look for Wayne Williams in this video..he's the ginormous guy

*Wayne Williams Feature

*Check out the ever gregarious Wayne Williams at the 50 second mark

082510footballp24dr--300x300.jpg

Wayne Morgan #5 for Erasmus
*Big #75 keeping things loose before championship game

*Note to area media: If you use the Wayne Williams videos above, how about giving our site some love. It took some digging to find these.

Funderburke's coach at Oscar Smith did stints in Upstate NY before building a powerhouse. After his two years at Thousand Islands, Morgan coached at Fairport High School in Rochester for one season.
From 2008

Funderburk is the third prominent South Hampton Roads football player to transfer recently. Former Oscar Smith QB Phillip Sims left Alabama and is headed to Virginia, while former Ocean Lakes QB Lafonte Thourogood has left Vanderbilt. Thourogood's destination isn't yet known.
HR

Video

Ernie Davis Heisman Trophy Winner 1961 Newsreel

Doug Marrone Legal Attack On Football

Former Players

Some of OSU's self-reported violations

Greg Paulus, the basketball team's video coordinator, was reported to be coaching players during the Buckeyes' Big Ten Tournament semifinal win over Michigan on March 10. Video coordinators, who aren't full assistants, may not coach players. The violation was discovered after a general conversation between an OSU player's parent and an assistant athletic director.
CPD

Perry Patterson enjoying success in 2 QB system with Juice Williams

Former Staff

Bob Casullo sighting (2nd one down)

Around The Nation

Orsini fired at SMU -- but why?

The Doddcast: FSU to the Big 12?

NCAA overhauling body of rules

ESPN announces times, channels for early-season football games

Blog

Syracuse Football: Get To Know Your Orange Man - #58 Lewellyn Coker

University News

Pita El Saha to close due to owner retirement

The entire College of Law 2012 Commencement Ceremony

Would love to be able to get Lafonte Thourogood. We obviously are looking at QB's this year. Why not? :)

11036875-large.jpg

Just a note on Wayne Williams. When he was at the Dome for the Empire Challenge I had a word with him. He spoke about how Ishaq Williams favored SU as he was preparing to leave for his Penn State visit. He's the one who told me that Notre Dame's 4 AM visit was what showed him how much they wanted him and when Ishaq changed his mind. Just as you can see in his videos he's a real character. He was very disappointed with himself for not having the grades to play college ball right out of high school. He looked around the Dome and declared, "I will be playing here in two years." He said the staff had assured him that he'd have a spot as long as he got his classroom work in order. My impression of him was that he was probably the class clown who also had some very good leadership characteristics. He's just one of those good chemistry kids. Good luck Wayne, hope you can get here in January.

i have to admit the most boring commencement i was ever at was my daughters law school at syracuse. no excitement, boring speakers, they should have them exit to the band playing down the field-- so the grads can loosen up. after all, in two days they will all be holed up studying for the bar. the maxwell schools intimate ceremony was great----excellent speakers and great to meet some of the faculty---done with grace,style and some humor.