Friday Articles | Syracusefan.com

Friday Articles

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
10094959-large.jpeg

Syracuse University football team receives contributions from several young players

Orange game highlights recruiting turf battle

SU's injuries keep fans, foes guessing

Orange Insider - Rutgers at Syracuse: Scarlet Knights a healthy challenge for banged-up SU squad

Syracuse University football freshman Jeremiah Kobena has been a fearless north-south returner

Syracuse football fans: Read a transcript of SU vs. Rutgers Q&A with beat writer Nolan Weidner

Poliquin: Syracuse's move to the ACC and other matters? A pair of readers have their (written) say

kevynjpg-c531193c1431984f_large.jpg

Scott: Candidate For NFF Scholar-Athlete

Last time they played: Syracuse 13, Rutgers 10

Playing hurt: Syracuse must overcome slew of injuries as it opens Big East play against Rutgers

Syracuse vs. Rutgers: Here are our predictions ... what's yours?

Syracuse vs. Rutgers: Coach Marrone talks about wide receiver Mohamed Sanu and the Orange injuries

Improving Nassib poses worries for Rutgers

10095376-large.jpg

Everything Orange Photo Contest Ends Friday!

BIG EAST Play Begins Saturday Vs. Rutgers

The Axepress Lane: SU-Rutgers Mini Preview

Let's get ready to rumble! Rutgers visits the Carrier Dome to take on Syracuse

Rutgers football preview: Scarlet Knights open Big East play at Syracuse

Videos

207391981001_636733545001_0408Marrone-mov-still-641927459001.jpg

HCDM is a kindered spirit to all of us Yankees fans
ESPN Radio: Doug Marrone previews Big East opener

SUMB at Baldwinsville Part I

SUMB at Baldwinsville Part II

CFL Extra: Weekend In The Big East

Referees behind the scenes

Next Opponent

Schiano weary of Syracuse test

Rutgers revamping its punt-return philosophy

Chas Dodd: Profile of a Leader

LeGrand to make his broadcast debut this weekend

New line attempts to erase memories

Less is more

Rutgers WR Mohamed Sanu turns it up

OOC Opponents

Attendance drops for USC home football games

Key backups Thomas, Simmons knocked out for season

Temple won't sleep on Toledo

Former Players

Steve+Gregory+Kansas+City+Chiefs+v+San+Diego+LxhBD-4gfznl.jpg

Gregory returns to starting role

Steve Gregory
He was the starter last year and did a decent job. He also was suspended last year for PEDs and somehow stayed away from the wrath of AJ Smith. He is better at coverage than Mr. Glass, but he will not bring the run support or the BOOM like Mr. Glass could have. He is probably our best option right now, but some fans just want to see something new.
BB

Steve Gregory will be the Chargers' starting strong safety going forward. Bob Sanders (knee) is predictably done for the year. Gregory played every snap against the Chiefs last week, recording five tackles
FSP

Queensbury (1997): The hard-hitting Spartans, featuring future NFL tackle Adam Terry, came up short in the state Class A title game.
TU

Donovan McNabb defends mechanics

Practice report: No Bryant or Fiammetta

Fantasy

Week 4 Fantasy Football Outlook: Delone Carter little value with Addai healthy

Around The Big East

i

Pitt's Graham tramples South Florida in rout

NCAA places Cincinnati on two years probation

A big plan for Big East

Top UConn football booster gives his blessing to move to ACC

Conference Realignment: UConn's Pursuit of ACC Invite Could Doom Big East

Big East commish squarely on hot seat

Big East presidents slated to meet this weekend

Hoppy's Commentary for Friday

Bad week for the Big East

3-point stance: Another blow for Big East

Running the numbers on the Big East Conference

Around The Nation

Jaamal%20Berry.jpg

Report: Buckeyes RB Berry involved in assault

NCAA football shifts mega-mistake

Source: Big 12 ADs discuss stability

As 'Huskers make debut, Big Ten football has lost uniqueness

Tennessee AD says SEC will continue to expand

Charge reduced, Jefferson back in LSU fold

Georgia's Malcome decides against transferring

Interactive Feature: Heisman Watch: Week 5

Alleged tree poisoner apologizes to Auburn

Premium

SyracuseInsider.com (subscription) - Chris Emma - 42 minutes ago

“I've narrowed it down to Northwestern, Maryland, NC State, FIU, UConn, and Syracuse—in no particular order,” Logan said. Those six schools come from six ...
Logan: NU Would Be Hard To Turn Down

He talked about everything from why he cut off his long hair, getting ready for Syracuse and whether he enjoys playing defensive tackle more than defensive ...
SR.com TV: 1-on-1 with DT Justin Francis

Simulation
... for Big East football, ScarletReport.com brings you its weekly NCAA Football 12 video-game simulation of tomorrow's battle between Rutgers and Syracuse. ...
NCAA Football Simulation: Win at the Dome

SYRACUSE, NY -- Syracuse.At their request, this network is being blocked from this site. publisher John Garcia Jr. offers his insight on what the Orange bring to the table for the Big East ...
The Other Side: Scouting Syracuse

High School

Marcellus Schools superintendent has a grave look at status of JV coach

Statement from Marcellus JV football coach Jim Marsh

Marcellus JV football coach suspended for two games without pay

Audio: Lindsay Kramer talks with a California radio station about the Marcellus JV football coach

NFL

Congress Wants Meeting With NFL, Union and Anti-Doping Agency to Discuss HGH

Blogs

NCAA Football 12 Sees Good Things for the Big East in Week 5

College Football Picks: Big East Predictions Against the Spread ...

Syracuse Vs. Rutgers: Scouting The Orange

Syracuse vs. Rutgers: Someone Should Probably Cover That Sanu Guy

Syracuse vs. Rutgers: The Walking (And Hitting) Wounded

Syracuse vs. Rutgers: Where Are We Watching?

Syracuse vs. Rutgers Preview

Nice to see we are in it with Logan. Hasn't it been rumored that UConn is a major player here? Would love to see Abner in Orange.

Scott Vallone - “But if both teams are winning, they are probably on the same level as far as tradition and appeal.”

Gotta give Schiano some credit. For ANYONE to say this, especially someone that allegedly grew up a Syracuse fan, is amazing to me. If Vallone took the word "tradition" out of the above sentence, it would make sense to me. It would be an individual's subjective opinion as to the appeal of either school. However, when you put the word "tradition" in that sentence, you've added an objective term (for all intents and purposes). There is no frickin' way Rutgers is even in the same stratosphere as Syracuse when it comes to football tradition. No frickin' way. If you want to define the word "tradition" as something that only includes the last six years - which is a complete bastardization of the word - I suppose. But when your claim to fame is playing the first ever college football game 100+ years ago, doing absolutely NOTHING for the next 100 years, then having a modicum of success with best ever 2nd/3rd place finishes in the Big East and glorious bowl games in Toronto (I think), Houston etc. defines a football program that is not worthy of a second sentence beyond "first game ever" in the encyclopedia of college football.

Scott Vallone - “But if both teams are winning, they are probably on the same level as far as tradition and appeal.”

Gotta give Schiano some credit. For ANYONE to say this, especially someone that allegedly grew up a Syracuse fan, is amazing to me. If Vallone took the word "tradition" out of the above sentence, it would make sense to me. It would be an individual's subjective opinion as to the appeal of either school. However, when you put the word "tradition" in that sentence, you've added an objective term (for all intents and purposes). There is no frickin' way Rutgers is even in the same stratosphere as Syracuse when it comes to football tradition. No frickin' way. If you want to define the word "tradition" as something that only includes the last six years - which is a complete bastardization of the word - I suppose. But when your claim to fame is playing the first ever college football game 100+ years ago, doing absolutely NOTHING for the next 100 years, then having a modicum of success with best ever 2nd/3rd place finishes in the Big East and glorious bowl games in Toronto (I think), Houston etc. defines a football program that is not worthy of a second sentence beyond "first game ever" in the encyclopedia of college football.
Exactly. on the point of
"tradsition. The real sad part is that their idiot fans don't even have a clue about some of their big names in history of their school. I can't tell you how many Snookies I asked about PAUL ROBESON. and got a dumb look of total ignorance like I just asked them about the third law of quantum physics.:confused:

Completely agree with your post except for one thing, Vallone is young and his memory probably doesn't go back much more than 6 years with tradition.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom