Friday Articles | Syracusefan.com

Friday Articles

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
syracuse12214.jpg

Scouting Title Contenders: Syracuse Orange

Men’s college basketball today is being ruled by folks named Miller, Boeheim, Izzo, Motta, Ryan and Marshall

SCIRIA: Time for a Carrier Dome renovation

Recruiting
Briscoe has 24 in debut

Game Day News
14143459-mmmain.jpg

Syracuse-Duke: Free tickets for ESPN GameDay's morning telecast at the Carrier Dome available today

SUA Game Day Release

Photos
Beat Duke Photo Contest

Videos
Watch- Adrian Autry breaks down Miami's matchup zone on ...

Syracuse basketball: 'The C.J. & Jerami Show' talks how well do do players know their teammates

2-3 Zone Defense Drill #2

Former Players/Staff
Carmelo Anthony named to All-Star team (Syracuse and CNY in the NBA)

Wes has 7 in loss
Red Claws send Fab Melo to Texas as part of four-team D-League ...

Dave Bing bad cop over stance on 'Robo Cop'?

Ex-Syracuse assistant Bernie Fine still has plenty of friends in basketball

Picture Of The Week

article-2544401-1AE3A8DA00000578-816_634x848.jpg

Five Time Academy Award Nominee Amy Adams Sporting Otto In California

Upcoming Oppponents

Wake Forest's Arnaud William Adala-Moto Throws Downs Nasty Alley Oop

Duke's Rodney Hood Finishes Vicious Alley-Oop Slam | ACC Must see video

ACC
ACC teams slowing things down to find success

Top 25

Police investigating fake tickets at Kentucky
Spartans' starter Dawson out for month breaks hand hitting table

No. 6 Gators hold off Bama, up streak to 10

Creighton a Final Four contender?

Nation

Bracketology: Ohio State ends four-game losing streak, while Oregon's skid reaches five

Team USA
Carmelo Anthony, Deron Williams and Tyson Chandler in U.S. national team pool; Kobe Bryant not slected

Blogs
icon_20497763.jpg

UNC Basketball Recruiting: Should Roy Williams target Isaiah ...
Previewing UM-SU with TNIAAM as Canes look to Bounce Back ...

Syracuse vs. Miami: Q&A With State Of The U

Women

Highlights, interviews, box & photos
'CUSE RALLIES PAST CLEMSON, 84-75
Syracuse women's basketball team goes on big run to beat Clemson, 84-75

Blog

WBB: Syracuse Uses Pivotal 18-0 Run in Win Over Clemson

Last edited:
Regarding the article posted above titled "Men’s college basketball today is being ruled by folks named Miller, Boeheim, Izzo, Motta, Ryan and Marshall", can I just be the first to say What????

As if these teams had never been ranked this highly before. This guy seems to be living in 1979. Time to face facts, Norm. The ACC ain't never going back to a 9-team round-robin.

He's a whiny good-ole-boy, but I tend to agree with this though:

For starters, the one-and-done players are ruining both college and professional basketball. The good ones leave after one year and enter the NBA, not having a clue on how the game is played. The individual players aren’t willing to put in the time on their basics and thus rely on showy dunks and behind-the-back passes and aren’t willing to work on their 15-foot jump shots and passing.

He's a whiny good-ole-boy,

Agree.

"A survey showed that the best states for producing basketball talent are Ohio, Kansas, Iowa, Kentucky, California, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania." What survey? Give us the name. Terrible article.

Agree.

"A survey showed that the best states for producing basketball talent are Ohio, Kansas, Iowa, Kentucky, California, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania." What survey? Give us the name. Terrible article.

And with all the emphasis the southern states place on football (hello SEC!!!), should he really be surprised they aren't popping out the best basketball players anymore?

Regarding the article posted above titled "Men’s college basketball today is being ruled by folks named Miller, Boeheim, Izzo, Motta, Ryan and Marshall", can I just be the first to say What????

As if these teams had never been ranked this highly before. This guy seems to be living in 1979. Time to face facts, Norm. The ACC ain't never going back to a 9-team round-robin.

You are right. I thought it was written by some 14 year old as an opinion thing orblog post, but the bottom of the page the guys is an award winning journalist. What award did he win? The Poolitzer?

quote="CuseFaninVT, post: 903156, member: 2002"]He's a whiny good-ole-boy, but I tend to agree with this though:

For starters, the one-and-done players are ruining both college and professional basketball. The good ones leave after one year and enter the NBA, not having a clue on how the game is played. The individual players aren’t willing to put in the time on their basics and thus rely on showy dunks and behind-the-back passes and aren’t willing to work on their 15-foot jump shots and passing.[/quote]
If only guys like Kobe, LBJ, KG, Melo, etc. had worked on their games for 4 years of college, they could have been all-stars and future Hall of Famers.

quote="CuseFaninVT, post: 903156, member: 2002"]He's a whiny good-ole-boy, but I tend to agree with this though:

For starters, the one-and-done players are ruining both college and professional basketball. The good ones leave after one year and enter the NBA, not having a clue on how the game is played. The individual players aren’t willing to put in the time on their basics and thus rely on showy dunks and behind-the-back passes and aren’t willing to work on their 15-foot jump shots and passing.
If only guys like Kobe, LBJ, KG, Melo, etc. had worked on their games for 4 years of college, they could have been all-stars and future Hall of Famers.[/quote]

Yeah, you can pick four of the best players of all time and show that, and I could show you the D-league of guys who thought they were the next LBJ and thought leaving early would be a great idea.

I know the pros get to practice against other pros, but unless you are playing in the games, like most of these kids would be if they stayed in college for another year or two (I'm not talking four), you really won't get better.

Scouting Title Contenders

It is a good read, but I think they have over emphasized our transition game. It's good but not as good as recent years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom