Friday Articles | Syracusefan.com

Friday Articles

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
r-JIM-BOEHEIM-FINE-large570.jpg

"He supplied four names to the university that would corroborate his story. None of them did ... there is only one side to this story. He is lying."

Boeheim added: "Why wouldn't he come to the police (first this time)? Why would he go to ESPN? What are people looking for here? I believe they are looking for money. I believe they saw what happened at Penn State and they are using ESPN to get money. That is what I believe. You want to put that on the air? Put that on the air."

“This matter was fully investigated by the University in 2005 and it was determined that the allegations were unfounded. I have known Bernie Fine for more than 40 years. I have never seen or witnessed anything to suggest that he would been involved in any of the activities alleged. Had I seen or suspected anything, I would have taken action. Bernie has my full support."

"There's absolutely no way that I believe any of this could possibly have happened," Boeheim told New York Times writer Pete Thamel Thursday night. "That's the bottom line."

Bobby Davis:

"Boeheim saw me with Bernie all the time in the hotel rooms, on road trips," Davis said. "He'd come in, and see me laying in the bed, kind of glance at me like, 'What are you doing here?' But he wouldn't say that. He'd just scowl. And I would look at him like, I'd be nervous. I felt embarrassed 'cause I felt stupid that I'm there. I'm not supposed to be here. I know it, and Boeheim's not stupid."

Boeheim told ESPN that Davis was not being truthful.

"I know this kid, but I never saw him in any rooms or anything," Boeheim said. "It is a bunch of a thousand lies that he has told.

The statement from SU

“In 2005, Syracuse University was contacted by an adult male who told us that he had reported to the Syracuse City Police that he had been subjected to inappropriate contact by an associate men’s basketball coach. The alleged activity took place in the 1980’s and 1990’s. We were informed by the complainant that the Syracuse City Police had declined to pursue the matter because the statute of limitations had expired.

“On hearing of the allegations in 2005, the University immediately launched its own comprehensive investigation through its legal counsel. That nearly four-month long investigation included a number of interviews with people the complainant said would support his claims. All of those identified by the complainant denied any knowledge of wrongful conduct by the associate coach. The associate coach also vehemently denied the allegations.

“Syracuse University takes any allegation of this sort extremely seriously and has zero tolerance for abuse of any kind. If any evidence or corroboration of the allegations had surfaced, we would have terminated the associate coach and reported it to the police immediately. We understand that the Syracuse City Police has now reopened the case, and Syracuse University will cooperate fully. We are steadfastly committed ensuring that SU remains a safe place for every member of our campus community.”

"The Post-Standard interviewed Davis on numerous occasions about his molestation allegations against Fine in 2003. Davis alleged that Fine touched his penis on numerous occasions when he was a minor and an adult.

The newspaper determined that Davis, who grew up within blocks of Fine’s former home in Syracuse, accompanied the Syracuse University basketball team on road trips, including to Hawaii, where Davis said he stayed in Fine’s room.

The Post-Standard’s investigation did not turn up other evidence to corroborate the allegations against Fine.

The Post-Standard interviewed a handful of other men who Davis said had spent a lot of time at the Fines’ house as children and who Davis suggested might have been molested by Fine. All of these men, including a close relative of Davis, denied Fine had sexual contact with them."

nancy_cantor.jpg

Syracuse University Chancellor Nancy Cantor issues letter on Bernie Fine case

’Cuse coach a ‘perv’...New York Post

Mark Schwarz OTL

Duke's reporting of the not so Fine story

ept_sports_ncaab_experts-473884288-1278604308.jpg

Scroll to the bottom
Rony Seikaly comes to Bernie's side

Rex Trobridge Class of 1966 echo's Hicker in the comments section
George Hicker defends Bernie

Devo believes allegations to be false

DC & Billy O agree
Former men's basketball manager defends Bernie Fine, calls allegations 'lies'

Bobby Copeland former 1987 assistant reacts

Syracuse Issues Statement Regarding Bernie Fine Allegations

Syracuse University assistant coach Bernie Fine accused of sexual abuse; university places him on leave

Syracuse University community reacts to initial allegations against men’s basketball assistant coach

Bernie Fine: Finally in the Spotlight...For All the Wrong Reasons.

Kekis AP report

National Advocate for Sex Abuse Survivors Comments on Syracuse University Basketball Sex Abuse Investigation

Did we catch another monster or ruin a good name?

17 PS Photos

Another rush to judgement
Friday's Required Reading: Syracuse's Fine interviewed for FAU job ...

Bernie Fine Allegations: I Hope ESPN Isn't Playing A Dangerous Game

Podcast: Sorting out the Syracuse details

Next Opponent

Colgate writer has SU #6

Colgate men hoping to get better with SU matchup

Videos

Bobby Davis & brother talk

Legal aspects of allegations against Bernie Fine

SU associate basketball coach on administrative leave following child molestation accusations

WSYR report

AP

Keita contributing off SU bench

The Sports Cycle: Recap of Fordham loss to Syracuse, breakdowns

Melo's inspiration

LaLa says Melo is a machine

Recruiting

espnhs_nerlensnoel1_576x324.jpg

Everett native Nerlens Noel is the nation's top defensive big man

NATIONAL PREP SHOWCASE PREVIEW PODCAST

Blogs

Former Team Manager Defends Bernie Fine

TNIAAM on the situation

What I Was Writing When The Bernie Fine Accusations Came Out

Syracuse vs. Colgate: Red Raiders Back...Again

Let's not throw this in with the Penn St story

Fab a high riser

This guy has rushed to judgement

Syracuse vs. Colgate: Red Raiders Back...Again

Great job of assembling articles from all points of view on the Fine case. And that's what we need- to look at it from all points of view. I watched the videos three times: first to see what was said, then after I told myself "These guys are telling the truth" and thirdly after telling myself: "These guys are lying." It works both ways. I'd love to see one of those "body language" experts look at those tapes and analyse them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom