Friday at 2:30 can't come fast enough | Syracusefan.com

Friday at 2:30 can't come fast enough

This name is not familiar to me. I can't keep track of all these guys who are committing to us! Are we sure he is ours? Is he, as it were, in the bag?
Malachi Richardson - down to Syracuse, Indiana, UConn, Villanova, Arizona and Rutgers

ESPN has him #12 overall in 2015

Im bringing a can of pbr to work to crack open the second he commits
You do know that tomorrow is Friday. Let your hair down a little bit.

th

I saw him play for Roselle Catholic with Roberson. He is absolutely an outstanding shooter but he has a nice all around floor game. Didn't seem to try to get on the glass and mix it up much. I wouldn't call him soft but he's not a banger. Very heady player and has plenty of room to fill out. This is very high praise but his game reminded me a lot of former AZ standout, Sean Elliott...very similar shot and very similar physique...long and lanky.

He loves to shoot daggers but he's a very complete player, who will mesh well with our other guards. If he gets some time at the 3 in Trevor's senior year, with a sophomore Kaleb running the show, that's going to be a tough trio to defend. And I didn't even mention Tyler Rotten Lydon. Shooters up the ying yang.

The other thing I like is he's played solid competition and assuming Roberson is still here, it would be a great reunion.

Hope things go our way at 2:30 tomorrow.

Last edited:
Complete recap here of RC's NJ State Title win. Many Malachi and Tyler highlights, and he really took over in this one. In this clip alone, four or five of his threes. He had a game high 22 points, 6 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 block, Roberson had 19 points, 12 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 steal, 2 blocks.

Remember that Malachi is only a soph here, so he really showed some competitive fire and guts pulling the trigger.

From that box score link above, not only a lot of familiar names on RC's roster, but there is a live play by play. Couple of Cuse fans on the play by play chat, and guess who said "I think the best player on the court is Roberson"?

Yup :)
The guy running it was asked to predict who would win, and he gave the edge to St. Joe's because he thought they had the best player on the court. He was wrong. I told him what time it really was.

Good stuff Tee. I just read that the Indiana game at the dome was his last official visit. Probably us or the team in Storrs.

I would have to think he may be leaning toward Indiana. He has been there twice to see them, plus came to the dome to see them vs us. We won the game, does that give us the win for him? Or does he want to go to a program that desperately needs someone like him? Going to be a tough decision, but I won't be surprisedd which ever one of the two he picks-yes I know he has three but I think it is really just two.

I've heard various pronunciations if his name. Ma-la-kee, mala-ky. If he comes here, I'm going with Ma-la-chee. As in crunch.

Matt Park: "Richardson with the Malachi Crunch!!"

Try and stop me.

image-867394513.jpg

Pinky!

I was always more of a Leather fan. Suzi Quatro (sp?) had a mullet even Carol Brady was envious of. I think I had nightmares of the Malachi Crunch...Richie was tremendous on play-by-play--guy was underrated on the mic. Richie remined me a little Vin Scully with his tone but he really amped up the drama during the demolition derby.

Last edited:
I was always more of a Leather fan. Suzi Quatro (sp?) had a mullet even Carol Brady was envious of. I think I had nightmares of the Malachi Crunch...Richie's play by play was tremendous on play-by-play--guy was underrated on the mic. Richie remined me a little Vin Scully with his tone but he really amped up the drama during the demolition derby.

One more Happy Days thought...what was the deal with them almost entirely dropping the 50s hair styles at some point in the show's run? At some point Ralph Malph and others started looking more like they would outside of their work onthe show (in other words their hair styles were almost 1970s/ 1980s styles). Even Suzi Quatro for that matter. She had a friggin' 70s mullet. I never understood the anacronisms. The show was much better in its early years, when it was much more 50s. Although I love the Malachi Crunch stuff and some of the later episodes, the show really jumped the shark in the later years (see what I did there?:p).

One more Happy Days thought...what was the deal with them almost entirely dropping the 50s hair styles at some point in the show's run? At some point Ralph Malph and others started looking more like they would outside of their work onthe show (in other words their hair styles were almost 1970s/ 1980s styles). Even Suzi Quatro for that matter. She had a friggin' 70s mullet. I never understood the anacronisms. The show was much better in its early years, when it was much more 50s. Although I love the Malachi Crunch stuff and some of the later episodes, the show really jumped the shark in the later years (see what I did there?:p).
chuck2.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom