From Alaska to NYC for 3 losses, lunch with a Boeheim and a ' pretty epic weekend' | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

From Alaska to NYC for 3 losses, lunch with a Boeheim and a ' pretty epic weekend'

It's been a ride for sure lol Pasting this from facebook.

I never thought anyone would ever want to write an article about me. Especially for just traveling around watching my favorite teams get Ws (most of the time). These trips mean the world to me. They're a great way to relax, and destress (well, when we win). They allow me to escape the Alaskan cold for a few days (we really need to play more warm weather games). They allow me to catch up with old friends (Remember when half of PY was in the bahamas?) They allow me to make new friends (I can't believe you people hangout with me). All the new friends I've gained has been my favorite part of all this. I'm not even going to try to name you all, but you're all absolutely outstanding. Walking into a hotel lobby or Blarneys, or Shiftys, seeing you all there waiting for me is the greatest feeling. Letting me crash your hotel rooms, the rides to the airport, offers to drive me 3 states over for games, the visits to Alaska, all been amazing. I can't wait for our next adventure together. I've gotta give a big shout out to the girlfriend, Sonnary, who not only encourages me to jump on these trips, but joins whenever she can. I never knew how much a person could travel, until I met her. I figure one of these days I'll buckle down and get responsible, but until then... See ya at game.

"He once waited by an Alaska river in an orange shirt in hopes that former football star Larry Csonka would wander by on a rumored hunting trip (he didn't)." :rolling:

"What a dope" - Random Syracuse.com reader. :rolling:

I actually had a Csonka jersey when I was around 7 years old (early 70's) before wearing jerseys was a thing. Met him in Alaska as well which is not surprising.
It's amazing the people who come through if only you recognize them when they are dressed down and/or in their fishing gear.
Kenny Stabler several years ago on train from Portage to Whittier over in Prince William Sound.

"He once waited by an Alaska river in an orange shirt in hopes that former football star Larry Csonka would wander by on a rumored hunting trip (he didn't)." :rolling:

"What a dope" - Random Syracuse.com reader. :rolling:

To be fair lol, Larry apparently is a regular at a fishing lodge on the Anvik River. We were staying in Anvik. The natives said they thought he would be heading by any day now for the lodge.

Man I can’t imagine what’s next for CuseTroop. I bet his appearance fee for bachelorette parties has skyrocketed. Wouldn’t be shocked if Dino handed off a post game speech to him tbh...

Used to see Csonka on local TV in an advertisement for a Chiropractor Clinic in Anchorage. Sounds like he was a customer.

Used to see Csonka on local TV in an advertisement for a Chiropractor Clinic in Anchorage. Sounds like he was a customer.
Alaska Spinal Clinic. They are/were an Ortho clinic more so then Chiro. Over by University Lake in Anchorage. APU had a tax issue as they own the land/building and were leasing it out.
Last time I went there for a lumbar injection the guy injected on the wrong side so I got a 2 for 1 : /
Are you still in Alaska?

Anyone know how to get a few copies of yesterday’s paper?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom