From brutal schedule to blood in the water | Syracusefan.com

From brutal schedule to blood in the water

OttoinGrotto

2023-24 Iggy Award Most 3 Pointers Made
So we knew going into this season we didn't have a lot of sure wins on the schedule, and had a lot of games against teams that were either our equal (to be generous) or pretty clearly our better. A lot of people were hesitant to predict big win totals due to how daunting the schedule appeared to be.

So far, we've passed two big tests and got an easy one out of the way, and that schedule isn't looking as scary. There's blood in the water.

UVA, to be kind, looks like they have a whole lot to figure out without Bronco and crew.

We'll paste Wagner.

NC State will be tough, even though they've played uneven.

Clemson is always tough, but we always play them well even though they have loads of talent.

Notre Dame has talent but a lot to figure out and isn't the juggernaut they usually are. Also, QB issues.

Pitt doesn't look as formidable and is having some QB issues.

Florida State looks good, but might have QB issues.

Wake looks tough.

BC sucks. I think having them last is going to play in our favor. I think they'll have given up on their season at that point.

There is a lot of opportunity on this schedule. We can win more than our fair share of these games. I still firmly believe mission 1 is simply locking up 6 wins and assuring a bowl. But a schedule that looked really rough suddenly looks a lot less heavy.

Last edited:
I see anywhere from 6-6 to 11-1, so we’ll probably end up around 8-4.
6 and 6 looks pretty safe but if that's where we land it looks like we'd win the first 5, then lose the next 6, them redeem the season by beating BC, so... be nice to have a smoother path than that.

So we knew going into this season we didn't have a lot of sure wins on the schedule, and had a lot of games against teams that were either our equal (to be generous) or pretty clearly our better. A lot of people were hesitant to predict big win totals due to how daunting the schedule appeared to be.

So far, we've passed two big tests and got an easy one out of the way, and that schedule isn't looking as scary. There's blood in the water.

UVA, to be kind, looks like they have a whole lot to figure out without Bronco and crew.

We'll paste Wagner.

NC State will be tough, even though they've played uneven.

Clemson is always tough, but we always play them well even though they have loads of talent.

Notre Dame has talent but a lot to figure out and isn't the juggernaut they usually are. Also, QB issues.

Pitt doesn't look as formidable and is having some QB issues.

Florida State looks good, but might have QB issues.

Wake looks tough.

BC sucks. I think having them last is going to play in our favor. I think they'll have given up on their season at that point.

There is a lot of opportunity on this schedule. We can win more than our fair share of these games. I still firmly believe mission 1 is simply locking up 6 wins and assuring a bowl. But a schedule that looked really rough suddenly looks a lot less heavy.
Wake is losing to Liberty 23-20 at the end of the 3rd.

6 and 6 looks pretty safe but if that's where we land it looks like we'd win the first 5, then lose the next 6, them redeem the season by beating BC, so... be nice to have a smoother path than that.
If the season played out like this, 90% of the members of this board would be driven insane and would become recluse Unabombers.

Last edited:
IMO 85% 8-4 or 9-3 barring significant injuries.

Speaking of which...,Tucker just doesn’t seem right. Maybe rest him for UVA, let him hunt stats on Wagner for 3 quarters, and then 2 weeks of rest before the Wolfpack.

IMO 85% 8-4 or 9-3 barring significant injuries.

Speaking of which...,Tucker just doesn’t seem right. Maybe rest him for UVA, let him hunt stats on Wagner for 3 quarters, and then 2 weeks of rest before the Wolfpack.
Lol, you don’t rest your best player in a conference game when you are 3-0.

Wakes defense is pitiful. They won’t stop us. Tucker will run wild.
UConn’s D is also pitiful and Tucker didn’t have a big day. It’s not the D it’s the O.

UConn’s D is also pitiful and Tucker didn’t have a big day. It’s not the D it’s the O.
Defenses are game planning to stop Tucker. He will continue to see it all year. We just need to figure out how to develop a dynamic passing game to take advantage of it.

Reactions: FAL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom