From Noel's mouth to your ears | Syracusefan.com

From Noel's mouth to your ears

video not working for me... can someone give a quick synopsis?

video not working for me... can someone give a quick synopsis?

Recruiting has been steady, not too fast, nothing crazy.

He's in the process of visiting more schools, building better relationships with some coaches.

He said that he had considered reclassifying to 2012 and and that is out of the question now.

Wants to have a good summer, stress-free, work on academics, his game and getting stronger.

When asked what type of system would fit him that he was looking for he replied, uptempo but qualifyed that by saying he thought he could play in a system where they get the big man the ball both high & low.

I really hope we can get him. He'd be so perfect for our zone and would have more than enough opportunities to be an offensive impact player for us right away. Plus, with our transition style offense being so important, he should love that. Hope he wants to play a season in the ACC though...

He said that he had considered reclassifying to 2012 and and that is out of the question now.

If your an SU fan, that statement is GREAT news.

No doubt. Wanted to do a backflip when I saw this. Unfortuntely I can't so I just quietly celebrated from my desk.

Can you elaborate Dr. Jake? Wouldn't that make him draft eligible to do a post grad year and/or give Calipari an extra year to $weeten the pot?

Can you elaborate Dr. Jake? Wouldn't that make him draft eligible to do a post grad year and/or give Calipari an extra year to $weeten the pot?

I think its highly unlikely he would come here next year when we already have Rak, DC2 and quite possibly Melo in house...to say nothing of Baye. Another year removed means that it is more likely that one or more of those guys has moved on.

While he may be good enough to beat some or all of those guys out - I believe that Rak, DC2 and Melo are all good enough that they would have to be given minutes, so whether he would start or come off the bench it would be less minutes than if one of those guys is gone.