From the Rutgers-Pitt Game Recsp | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

From the Rutgers-Pitt Game Recsp

Rutgers is not a better team than us, but they do have some talented players especially on D.

With that being said, we should not have lost to them as we outplayed them.

Khaseem Greene is an excellent player. Without him, we win by 3 TD's, even though he ripped the ball from Rene after he was on the ground for several seconds.

is it possible that RU has more imposing athletes, but we have better PLAYERS
Don't over think this. The talent level between RU and SU is equal. The last two games they have played each other RU happened to come out on top. It happens. That doesn't mean RU has vastly superior talent, they just happened to win on that given day. Tip your cap to them. But this notion that SU has some horrible talent level compared to RU and other Big East schools is a joke!

SU is the better all around football team. Play 10 times SU wins 7. Rutgers has an excellent defense, but they are awful on offense.

Rutgers had to win on a block, scoop and score, an SU dropped TD pass, and a bogus short field. Any two of just those three plays goes the other way SU wins.

I don't agree with that. Rutgers took the lead and played it safe. We were beaten in that game.

Rutgers is still ahead of us and would beat us more often than not if we played again.

We have a long way to go on defense. We give up a lot of yards. We had trouble with Temple - we were losing in the third quarter - and were lucky that their QB was so inept at throwing the ball. The fact is that when it got late in the game, and they needed to throw, the game was over - Juice just can't throw when the defense knows that he has to throw.

We have narrowed the talent gap with the hated Knights, but they are still a better team.

I know how much that hurts so many on this board, but it's true.

:rolleyes: The act is old. And its not even funny or clever! Enough with me and my season tickets!! You can't fight off an argument and you resort to my season tickets (for some odd reason)...makes no sense! Defend you're point and don't bring me into it!!

Just trying to lighten things up.

I mean I could have mentioned your observations that Marrone is over his head and should be fired, right?

Would that be a better response to your football insights on Rutgers?

Just trying to lighten things up.

You look like a fool for not letting this "season ticket" thing go! For not having season tickets I still went to EVERY game (minus Stony Brook which I wouldn't have gone to anyway if I had season tickets).

Get over it! Don't derail threads with this nonsense!!

You continue to discount the fact that we had twice as many 1st downs, almost double their total yardage, held them to 100 yards less than what they average on offense, gained 100 yards more than they give up on average and that the blocked fg for td which turned the game had nothing to do with talent or being physical.

How does that all happen if they were so much better and physical that day and controlled the game?

Btw, you always mention we couldn't rum the ball. Neither could rutgers unless you consider 80 yards rushing as good.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Watch the film Bees.

The Orange was manhandled all day.

Rutgers gave up a lot of yardage when it no longer mattered.

I know that it bothers you and others - who seem so fixated on hating Rutgers - but I was there - I was right behind the SU bench - I could see the differential in size, strength and speed. I could see that the Knights were much more dominant and were hitting much much harder.

That's what I saw.

Sorry that it seems to bother you so much.

Can't we move on to something more relevant at this point in the season?

You look like a fool for not letting this "season ticket" thing go! For not having season tickets I still went to EVERY game (minus Stony Brook which I wouldn't have gone to anyway if I had season tickets).

Get over it! Don't derail threads with this nonsense!!

Sorry.

But how can your football observations be taken all that seriously when you spent so much time telling us that Marrone was over his head and should be fired?

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think you also continually criticized Hackett and wanted him fired as well, right?

Was that all "nonsense"?

And, I'm sorry to read that Stony Brook is apparently beneath you - even for $10.00 tickets. I would think that you would want to see the Orange play on a Saturday - there are only a few times per year that you can see the team that you claim to support - even though you made a public scene announcing that you were giving up your season tix.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think you also continually criticized Hackett and wanted him fired as well, right?
I have never mentioned Hackett's name on this board. Now you are just making stuff up. Run a search, all the posts are archived! Stop making stuff up! And what does ANY OF THIS have to do with the topic of this thread? Now you are just trolling making up ways to attack me!

And, I'm sorry to read that Stony Brook is apparently beneath you - even for $10.00 tickets. I would think that you would want to see the Orange play on a Saturday - there are only a few times per year that you can see the team that you claim to support - even though you made a public scene announcing that you were giving up your season tix

You have a sick obsession with me and how I spend my money on tickets. Sorry I can't make EVERY game. It's getting very strange and odd how you won't let this go. YOU are the only one who keeps bringing this up. I have a life outside of watching SU football and responsibilities and on days where SU is playing a DIAA school like Stony Brooke, family things probably are gonna win out!

Watch the film Bees.

I know that it bothers you and others - who seem so fixated on hating Rutgers - but I was there - I was right behind the SU bench - I could see the differential in size, strength and speed. I could see that the Knights were much more dominant and were hitting much much harder.

That's what I saw.

You ignored every fact I posted and replied with your opinion.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

You ignored every fact I posted and replied with your opinion.
Are you surprised? His response will be how I don't have season tickets anymore! lol

Watch the film Bees.

That's what I saw.

Are we to trust someone's opinion on anything SU football who truly believes BJ Daniels was the best QB that we have faced all year? I think not. Bees provides proof, you keep pushing forward with your tired, agenda driven claims.

Are we to trust someone's opinion on anything SU football who truly believes BJ Daniels was the best QB that we have faced all year? I think not. Bees provides proof, you keep pushing forward with your tired, agenda driven claims.
Thank you! Someone needed to say this!

That's what I saw.
So, for kicks, I just revisited the PBP, and by my calculation, about 155 of Syracuse's 418 total yards were gained on two drives in the final ten minutes when the game was still a two score game.

I'm not sure about you, but since I was at the Northwestern game and saw Syracuse come back from three scores down in the second half, with my own eyes, mind you, I hardly think "it no longer mattered."

Perhaps you gave up. But the Orange never did.

As for intent of the original post, again, it's to say that the difference between the two teams is a handful of plays. The plays went RU's way in our game. Yesterday, in a very similar game, based on the stats, RU didn't get those plays. And they lost, badly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom