Front the inbounds man! | Syracusefan.com

Front the inbounds man!

SWC75

Bored Historian
When the other team has to go the length of the court with less than 5 seconds left and you are up by 2 points or less, front the inbounds man and make them throw it sideways or high. Don't go for the 5 on 4 down court because your guys can't foul.

I still remember Notre Dame beating us in the Dome years ago when we didn't front the inbounds man and Houston just lost on the same play.

When the other team has to go the length of the court with less than 5 seconds left and you are up by 2 points or less, front the inbounds man and make them throw it sideways or high. Don't go for the 5 on 4 down court because your guys can't foul.

I still remember Notre Dame beating us in the Dome years ago when we didn't front the inbounds man and Houston just lost on the same play.
David Rivers.

QUOTE="Col. Bleep, post: 2538240, member: 1023"]David Rivers.[/QUOTE]
And Digger’s insufferable jig after Rivers hit the shot...:mad:

When that last play started I was thinking of 1992 Kentucky not fronting Grant Hill and letting him get a free pass to Laetener.

How about not letting the other team roll the ball to half court (game clock doesn't start)? I thought I was going to put a bottle through the bar on that very play to end the half against TCU. They scored with .8 seconds left on the clock.

I tend to agree, as in I would front the inbounder, but let's be honest, this post is not coming if Michigan misses what was essentially a 30-foot, well-contested flail of a shot. I'd guestimate that "play" (using that term loosely) with 3.4 seconds left works once evefy 20 times. And putting a defensive front on the inbounder does not fundamentally change the odds. Monday Morning Quarterbacking at its finest here.

Flows both ways: Bryce Drew.

I tend to agree, as in I would front the inbounder, but let's be honest, this post is not coming if Michigan misses what was essentially a 30-foot, well-contested flail of a shot. I'd guestimate that "play" (using that term loosely) with 3.4 seconds left works once evefy 20 times. And putting a defensive front on the inbounder does not fundamentally change the odds. Monday Morning Quarterbacking at its finest here.

It's still better than a 70 foot shot or a pass that comes floating down.

SWC, that proves the point of my OP. There is no difference. Michigan won because they esssentially got lucky, not because K.Sampson forgot how to coach and chose the wrong defense.

theyw ere able to make a pass to a moving guard who drove and set up the shot for them. It proves my point.

SWC, that proves the point of my OP. There is no difference. Michigan won because they esssentially got lucky, not because K.Sampson forgot how to coach and chose the wrong defense.

As a Michigan fan, when I saw they weren't guarding the inbounds, I thought we had a shot. If he guards the inbound pass, we never advance it that far with the pass.

theyw ere able to make a pass to a moving guard who drove and set up the shot for them. It proves my point.
It proves nothing.
People's exhibit B: Bryce Drew.
Reasonable doubt.

It proves nothing.
People's exhibit B: Bryce Drew.
Reasonable doubt.

This isn't a criminal trial.

Every judgement is made knowing that the right choice might not produce the desired result. it's just more likely to.

This isn't a criminal trial.

Every judgement is made knowing that the right choice might not produce the desired result. it's just more likely to.
And hindsight is 20/20.....But foresight can be 20/15. Wow, I just made that up. Eye doctor once told me that a few particular nationalities can and do have better than 20/20 vision. I know stay on topic...lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom